Andor

Jive Turkey

Karen
This show did nothing for me. It's very well made, acted, edited, and produced. But there's something about it that's just so meh. It's highly polished mediocrity

Not enough 'splosions for you? i can see how some people could feel it wasn't for them, especially if they were looking of a sequel trilogy experience, but to say it's mediocrity is objectively untrue. The writing for this show is next level. It's more complex and expertly written than anything in the Star Wars universe, original trilogy included.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This show was all around excellent. About the only negative is the pacing could have been upped in some places, but in some places the slow pacing was exactly what worked for me. In a way the show felt kinda like a set of Tarantino movies. All of the acting was good to great, and a few of the actors were stellar.

9/10

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I think the show would have been better as a 4 part mini series, each 3 episodes long. Pacing is a lot better, and you don't get those sudden ends.
I am going to rewatch from the start now that it is fully out.

The Pew Pew no jedi no splosions complainers are probably the same people who thought Rings of Power was good.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
I think the show would have been better as a 4 part mini series, each 3 episodes long. Pacing is a lot better, and you don't get those sudden ends.
I am going to rewatch from the start now that it is fully out.

The Pew Pew no jedi no splosions complainers are probably the same people who thought Rings of Power was good.
I was going to say you could just pretend each three episode arc is it's own part of a miniseries haha
But I think you meant 3 *hours* each?

eedit: Nevermind, I think I figured it out. I'm a dummy. You meant 3 episodes just jammed together as one, so like 2 hours each.
Could work, but then we wouldn't get cool cliffhanger lines like "Never more than twelve"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
Not enough 'splosions for you? i can see how some people could feel it wasn't for them, especially if they were looking of a sequel trilogy experience, but to say it's mediocrity is objectively untrue. The writing for this show is next level. It's more complex and expertly written than anything in the Star Wars universe, original trilogy included.
Something can be extremely well written and still be boring or lack pacing. This show never learned how to do an episode. Might've made for a fine read in book format, but in the visual medium, it was quite poorly paced. Like I said early on, the first 3 episodes should have been combined into 1. That holds true for almost the entire season. Over all, I feel nothing for the characters, and the only intrigue comes from it being in the Star Wars universe. Strip that away, and the show is pretty lackluster. It relies too heavily on the viewer connecting it to the greater established universe.

• 2Picard
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 6 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Something can be extremely well written and still be boring or lack pacing. This show never learned how to do an episode. Might've made for a fine read in book format, but in the visual medium, it was quite poorly paced. Like I said early on, the first 3 episodes should have been combined into 1. That holds true for almost the entire season. Over all, I feel nothing for the characters, and the only intrigue comes from it being in the Star Wars universe. Strip that away, and the show is pretty lackluster. It relies too heavily on the viewer connecting it to the greater established universe.
Whats Going On Wtf GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Get the jab. Biden greatest potato in chief!

• 1Salty

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Ok Screamfeeder Screamfeeder

• 1Salty

Oldbased

> Than U
Always took stormtrooper armor to just be a way to strip individual character away making them more compliant. Until episode 7 that was and a jogger came out with sudden morales.

Anyways now that Andor is done I have ditched Disney once again as my 12 month hulu at .99 was up next week and sadly means losing my $3.99 Disney add on.
I will miss you $4 package but never fear, black friday is almost here.

Damnit. They raised it to 1.99.
1669334648658.png

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Great finale to a great series.

There isn’t really much to say at this point, pretty much all aspect of this show were great.

Cannot wait for season 2.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know it's great Star Wars material when people are busy discussing Stormtroopers' combat readiness and equipment.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

This is a symptom of people locked into their phones/pc's needing dopamine kicks every 5 seconds.

Character building, mood creation and slow burn quality is now "boring" and "bad pacing". The highlight of this show was finally being able to connect to star wars universe characters. It's the genius of this series. Doesn't work on people with mind rot though.

Last edited:
  • 10Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 13 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is a symptom of people locked into their phones/pc's needing dopamine kicks every 5 seconds.

Character building, mood creation and slow burn quality is now "boring" and "bad pacing". The highlight of this show was finally being aboe to connect to star wars universe characters. It's the genius of this series. Doesn't work on people with mind rot though.
The show is structured as basically 4 back-to-back movies.

That's a lot to binge.

People should pace themselves better.

The show is much better if you watch 3 episodes, take a week or more of a break, then go back and watch some more.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Pretty good so far, better than most star wars. No where near as entertaining as Mando.

Hoss Hoss I am watching it now, up to episode 6. Better come cut my fiber line...

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Pretty good so far, better than most star wars. No where near as entertaining as Mando.

Hoss Hoss I am watching it now, up to episode 6. Better come cut my fiber line...

You done goofed kid. You are being backtraced right now. You better have a written statement ready about how much you loved the ob1 series.

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande

Character building, mood creation and slow burn quality is now "boring" and "bad pacing". The highlight of this show was finally being aboe to connect to star wars universe characters. It's the genius of this series. Doesn't work on people with mind rot though.
Make up whatever excuses you want, the ratings don't lie. I'm about as big of a Star Wars fan as you'll find, and I found this show just ok. Now compare that to my uncle, who is your typical middle American Joe Sixpack. Loves him some Top Gun Maverick, and enjoyed Star Wars back in the 70s and 80s. He gave the show a shot and noped out after the first episode. Said it was boring and he couldn't really tell what was going on. It's one thing to lose me, but if you've lost middle America on something with as much broad appeal as Star Wars, your show failed.

• 4Pathetic
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Garbage

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Make up whatever excuses you want, the ratings don't lie. I'm about as big of a Star Wars fan as you'll find, and I found this show just ok. Now compare that to my uncle, who is your typical middle American Joe Sixpack. Loves him some Top Gun Maverick, and enjoyed Star Wars back in the 70s and 80s. He gave the show a shot and noped out after the first episode. Said it was boring and he couldn't really tell what was going on. It's one thing to lose me, but if you've lost middle America on something with as much broad appeal as Star Wars, your show failed.

sorry there wasnt more pew pew, camera shake and dumbass one liners in there for ya

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Pathetic

spronk

FPS noob
gilroy on people saying his show is slow

mevhg1hfbf2a1.jpg

the empty calorie idea is perfect, I've burned through so many shows this year and remember very little from House of Dragon, Rings of Power, Foundation, even stuff I enjoyed like Reacher or Stranger Things, Boys, or Witcher. Andor though had a lot of story ideas that stick.

• 6Like