FPS noob
he's an incel
she's a fascist

its destiny they come together to serve the Emperor

and die on the death star

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, shows like this using modern slang/curse words kind of throws you out of the world for a second. I like when creators make their own universe’s slang words. Then they can use them all they want without actually being offensive/bad for kids and it helps establish the world being different from ours.

“Blood and bloody ashes” “light!” Are a couple that have stuck with me from wheel of time as done well. Malazan had some good ones.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Andor S1 is the best season 1 of any tv show ever made. It's almost wasted on the star wars universe where the ridiculous bullshit marrs the world building it tries to do.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
this take is insane.
Hate to agree with the dog fucker, but yeah there are literally tons of shows with better season 1s out there, some recent and one even Star Wars. Mandalorian Season 1 was far superior in every way, except not as much budget for big sets, while being from the exact same network and fictional universe. Other shows off the top of my head with really great season ones would include Westworld, Daredevil, The Boys, Invincible, Umbrella Academy, American Gods, Rick and Morty, and a bunch of others I could mention. Now, they all went different directions with their quality after season 1, of course, but that's a separate discussion.

And if you loved this show, that is perfectly fine to have that opinion. But this is not the best season 1 of a show ever, not even close, or it would be getting at least half the buzz (and viewership) of the shows I mentioned. It is not and I think the entire reason is the pacing. Space Jew Simp is honestly the only terrible part of the show, outside of the slow pace, in my opinion. I guess Lesbian ME murder hobo girls kind of sucks too, but the dude whining to his mom and simping hard just stands out as annoying in a show that has no other annoying characters.

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
so popularity determines artistic merit? Are you fucking retarded?

Oh wait, from the She-Hulk thread:

Yep, you're retarded
Going with the deep dive, I see. Why are you so insecure that you can't handle differing opinions? Just because I don't think Andor is ThE beSTesT tHiNg eVAr?! Grow some cajones, mate.

And nice use of quote without context. She Hulk was lame. The point of that comment was that for a show which tried to be funny but failed 90% of the time, actually got a chuckle out of me. Once. Hence the point of bringing it up. That's how sad it was.

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
I know people dog on it cause of every other season but West World season 1 was probably one of the best
Second this. Westworld season 1 is about as finely tuned and well-written as you'll ever see in a TV show. That's what contributed to making the following seasons such a disappointment.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Mandalorian Season 1 was far superior in every way, e

Wasn't Mando s1 just a bunch of episodic side quests?

But yeah, some series that stand out for me. Heroes S1 was literally insane. LOST s1. House of Cards s1? (although that was technically a remake)

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Mando S1 was mostly episodic, but it had the over arcing story of him wanting to return the kid while on the run from other bounty hunters and Imperial Remnants. Characters also had arcs over the season and recurring appearances. I have spoken.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Going with the deep dive, I see. Why are you so insecure that you can't handle differing opinions? Just because I don't think Andor is ThE beSTesT tHiNg eVAr?! Grow some cajones, mate.

And nice use of quote without context. She Hulk was lame. The point of that comment was that for a show which tried to be funny but failed 90% of the time, actually got a chuckle out of me. Once. Hence the point of bringing it up. That's how sad it was.
lol yeah, because your previous posts have been so measured and respectful. "It's just a difference of opinion, bro!".

You act like a cunt and get treated like one. You reap what you sow, mate

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
Mando S1 was mostly episodic, but it had the over arcing story of him wanting to return the kid while on the run from other bounty hunters and Imperial Remnants. Characters also had arcs over the season and recurring appearances. I have spoken.
I fucking loved Mandalorian, but I couldn't shake the feeling of a 90s afternoon Hercules and Xena vibes. It always felt a bit thin and silly and a little low budget. Imagine a Mando show that was made with the care and detailed writing of Andor.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
Andor S1 is the best season 1 of any tv show ever made. It's almost wasted on the star wars universe where the ridiculous bullshit marrs the world building it tries to do.
True Detective S1 would like a word with you.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I fucking loved Mandalorian, but I couldn't shake the feeling of a 90s afternoon Hercules and Xena vibes. It always felt a bit thin and silly and a little low budget. Imagine a Mando show that was made with the care and detailed writing of Andor.
You say that like its a bad thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users