Andor

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yes and more efficient, IQ prob higher, they dont need to be trained, reprimanded, or any of that shit running 24/7 no breaks. And I can guarantee that robot would weld 2000% better than daquan.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Star Wars is weird though. Technology is weird, part archaic, part advanced, most worlds are very resource constrained, and galaxy-scale logistics is actually somewhat realistically very difficult due to shipping and trade politics.
But somehow the empire can build 2 star destroyer planetoids in like 2 generations, second of which can suck up a star for power in 15 min?? I mean I know this is all fiction and shit but if you apply any logic to any of this shit it all falls apart at the seams.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
True, but I think reasonable people can make a fair determination that intelligent robots are more valuable than convicted felons.

Show me a convicted robot and we got us an argument, though.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
True, but I think reasonable people can make a fair determination that intelligent robots are more valuable than convicted felons.

But you dont need intelligent robots to make space widgets.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
But you dont need intelligent robots to make space widgets.
But you need to design, provision, and pay for robots that make space widgets for genocidal death machines you want to make in secret.

Prisoners? Not so much. Just need murder floors and chocolate flavoring.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
In the movie SOLO robots were being used as slave labor as well. Remember in the mines? Where Lando's robot freed them all?

• 1Worf

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
In the movie SOLO robots were being used as slave labor as well. Remember in the mines? Where Lando's robot freed them all?
Are you just trying to get me to say I didn't watch Solo? Because I didn't watch Solo.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
But you need to design, provision, and pay for robots that make space widgets for genocidal death machines you want to make in secret.

Prisoners? Not so much. Just need murder floors and chocolate flavoring.
LOL if you have enough moneys to make prison labor camps to make widgets for a star destroyer planetoid, a few thousand dumb robots would be no problem for an "empire" that owns most of the galaxy.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They were using specifically anti-Empire prisoners as free labor. That's it. They can't mass murder their opposers (until they start to) so they lock them away. Then you have 10,000's of people, maybe millions. What do you do? You use them. The whole "people are better than robots" thing is kind of dumb, but robots are expensive as fuck considering you have free labor right there anyways.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
LOL if you have enough moneys to make prison labor camps to make widgets for a star destroyer planetoid, a few thousand dumb robots would be no problem for an "empire" that owns most of the galaxy.
Well, if you want to keep that question open, I'm sure Gilroy and D+ would be happy to elaborate on it. Pretty sure it's gonna play a role in the forthcoming seasons. Personally, I think it's an elegant way to answer how the Empire managed to build the Geonosian design in secret.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well, if you want to keep that question open, I'm sure Gilroy and D+ would be happy to elaborate on it. Pretty sure it's gonna play a role in the forthcoming seasons. Personally, I think it's an elegant way to answer how the Empire managed to build the Geonosian design in secret.
Again, we here on earth have top secret projects, like the latest B21 bomber they just revealed. This shit was prob going on for the better part of a decade and thousands if not tens of thousands of people were used to build it make parts for it and yet it remained a secret. Again, its called compartmentalization.

• 1Picard

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

The bot still hasn't grasped the concept of "non sentience", lmao. Honestly, you came out of hibernation for these takes? lmao

• 1Picard
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They also showed non sentient robot factories that were churning out bots for the clone war shit in the prequels so there is no question that there were non sentient fully automated robot factories.

• 1Picard

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The point is that its free labor from dissenters. It doesn't matter if robots would do it better or not. If they're going to house and feed prisoners they might as well make them work as well.

Also I'm retarded. I missed the part at the end (was it post credits?) that showed what they were making. I thought it was some type of joist for the Tie Fighters. But looking back that's pretty stupid.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
The point is that its free labor from dissenters. It doesn't matter if robots would do it better or not. If they're going to house and feed prisoners they might as well make them work as well.

Also I'm retarded. I missed the part at the end (was it post credits?) that showed what they were making. I thought it was some type of joist for the Tie Fighters. But looking back that's pretty stupid.
Yeah it was post-credits. Worth going back to see it tbh. The last shot could've made for a great poster for the show.

spronk

FPS noob
its hilarious arguing about efficiency and costs in an IP/movie/show where they build a ridiculously oversized laser to destroy planets, and have zero problems rebuilding the whole stupid thing when one dude destroys the first one in a single fighter ship.

in a space religion sense you could say just as the Jedi "vibe" off positive energy from the force/life, maybe The Emperor feeds off human suffering somehow, similar to the God Emperor in WH40k

I didn't think about it but Krennic has to be in season 2 of Andor, that'll be pretty awesome

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Again, we here on earth have top secret projects, like the latest B21 bomber they just revealed. This shit was prob going on for the better part of a decade and thousands if not tens of thousands of people were used to build it make parts for it and yet it remained a secret. Again, its called compartmentalization.
Yes but it's not the size of a fucking moon.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If krennic is in, also makes me wonder if Galen Erso will also be in season 2.