Andor

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah knowing a character's future really hurt Better Call Saul.
Saul is just an awesome character. Andor is literally the least interesting character in the show. :)

Andor is basically the Bella Swan of Star Wars. A complete stand-in for stuff to happen around them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Thought this was pretty fucking good, overall. Had some issues, but nothing that made me turn it off. I'm looking forward to Season 2.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's great about this show is it finally shows why the Empire is bad beyond "super lasers" and "Darth Vader is scary."

My brother in Christ, they brutally murdered Lukes god parents, tortured a princess and then blew up her fucking planet.

• 3Worf
  • 2Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My brother in Christ, they brutally murdered Lukes god parents, tortured a princess and then blew up her fucking planet.
Right, because Luke was the heir to Vader's space magic, she was a princess, and because of super lasers.

This movie is about what the Empire did to regular people, simply to maintain order and skim graft off the top.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Mist is right. OG star wars was like watching presidents senators and oligarchs fight it out, this story is about the plebs and what effects the empire had on them, and in the case of Andor, and others like him, why he joins the resistance. Or is going to in S2.

• 1Rustled

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know I've said this before, but I hope season 2 focuses on the alliances with some of the larger factions that helped fund and support the rebels. Mainly on Corellia and Calamari. They could do a whole corporate espionage type thing (which is what I think space simps story might be leading toward)

Also the fucking Bothans. We must know how much their sacrifice meant!

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was the second Death Star, bruv
Yea I know but it involved mon mothma so I feel like its a thread they could pull. Also it was a joke.

Old Star Wars was so great at making references at stuff and just not explaining shit and leaving you wonder, hmm?

1669897461499.png

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
great show, and amazing compared to other starwars... but if comparing to other first seasons, HBO has at Least 5 or 6 season 1s that I think were better. on the HBO scale this ranks near boardwalk empire s1 for me

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm caught up. I haven't read anything in this thread fearing spoilers, but I enjoyed it. Decent tv is so rare It probably seemed better than it was, but I find myself liking the characters.

I even like the overzealous fastidious guy and the mean spy lady. They aren't the usual cardboard cutout villain.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This has been really great.

I wonder what they were actually making in that factory though.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This has been really great.

I wonder what they were actually making in that factory though.
Death Star Soft Serve Ice Cream machines. Fills 6 cones at once. There's one on each floor, for the troopers.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The factory prison is one of those suspension of belief arcs where you want to show how the empire has labor camps but you also want to show its ruthless pragmaticism in a scifi setting. In a universe where a kid can built a fully functional bipedal droid that requires basically nothing in terms of maintenance of power (Anakin, c3po) or that you can make a droid army (roger roger the idea that you need slaves to slowly perform what is an obviously automatable job is kinda ridiculous. A prison break in the kind of mining shithole environments that Brasso works in would probably fit better but wouldn't be nearly as Star Wars sci fi fun as a silly prison.

That the goofy ice cream machines ended up in the death star is a cool touch. So much of the Star Wars world building is built around how to make these ridiculous space ships that George Lucas thought the scales up in a speedball-fueled fever dream.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They explained why human labor was preferred. It was way cheaper and endless.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im not saying it was a GOOD reason, just that they tried to explain why.

• 1Like