Andor

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Third episode certainly ramps things up bigtime after setting the table in the first two. Really well executed so far. You can tell they aren't using the volume like Mando and Kenobi did, although i think did in a few scenes. The whole thing feels big and very cinematic. Acting is top notch, not surprising considering the talent. This is going to appeal a lot to some of the people with valid criticisms of the Disney era.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
The same problems exist. Disney Star Wars doesn't know how to do the episode format. Instead of three 40-minute episodes, this could have been a single 1-hour intro and wouldn't have felt so slow.

It's fine so far, but nothing is really happening. I suppose we're all trusting the destination is worth the journey. Feels a lot more polished than BoBF and Kenobi, but still plodding.

Juvarisx

Florida
I am just glad they are filming outside again. That tech they used to film Mando worked well when you don't want to spend a lot of money on a smaller show, but they used it with Obi Won and fucking Love and Thunder and its really obvious.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I am liking it so far, def a slow burn and the place where they chose to end the the first 2 episodes seems really abrupt but thankfully we got all 3. Gonna be jarring to watch 1 more than seeminly ends mid scene. Otherwise I am enjoying it so far.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Okay, watching episode 2. Stellan wtf. Tits was too clothed, but oh well. Love the setting and ambience so far.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Remember it's just a tv show not the second coming.
"Just repeat to yourself 'It's just a show, I should really just relax.'"
3337269019fd3be5d97c3735e37d5617_original.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
A male protagonist that isnt a bumbling fool that has to be saved by strong female mary sues? What studio did Disney steal this show from?

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Okay, watching episode 2. Stellan wtf. Tits was too clothed, but oh well. Love the setting and ambience so far.
Could still see her nice nipple shape through it all, better than most blueballin

Just finished going through them a 2nd time.
Ep 3 is for sure fire. Better than LotR slow shit, but over Wheel, LotR, HotD this is what I am most excited to see the next episode of cause you GET the feeling shit bout to get real.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
from what I understand it's broken down into 3 episode arcs? Or that could be S2 as it does the 1 year time jump each Ep.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
A male protagonist that isnt a bumbling fool that has to be saved by strong female mary sues? What studio did Disney steal this show from?
Ok now I'm convinced this entire thread is a conspiracy to troll me.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

I watched the first 3 episodes. It feels like a show that could exist independent of the Star Wars IP and still work. That isn't a bad thing in this case, because it feels really different than normal Star Wars shows or films. It feels more gritty/"real", but not in a grimdark way. Like you could have literally made this a show about some hustler growing up in a blue collar neighborhood in Pittsburg or Boston or whatever and it still would have worked

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
from what I understand it's broken down into 3 episode arcs? Or that could be S2 as it does the 1 year time jump each Ep.
Season 2 definitely is, each 3 is a year. But i just heard the same thing last night about this season, every 3 eps is a story arc but all contained in a single year. might make this a little janky to watch. The first three definitely benefited from all being released at once.
For the record, the buzz on ep 4 is that it goes to a whole nother level from how ep3 elevated things.

• 1Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
anyone else feel the droid giving Alyn Tudyk K2SO vibes? kinda imagine a situation like Solo where he eventually merges it with the K2SO Droid from Rogue one.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
anyone else feel the droid giving Alyn Tudyk K2SO vibes? kinda imagine a situation like Solo where he eventually merges it with the K2SO Droid from Rogue one.
Yeah, that memory circuit/board is getting repurposed when he reprograms Kay for sure. Of all things in this series, I did not expect to like that droid much but hard to hate a mashup of SW droids and The Blackhole robots. That thing definitely has some of this going on.
MV5BMTMzMjgyNjM0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDc3ODAyNw@@._V1_.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, that memory circuit/board is getting repurposed when he reprograms Kay for sure. Of all things in this series, I did not expect to like that droid much but hard to hate a mashup of SW droids and The Blackhole robots. That thing definitely has some of this going on.
View attachment 434328
is that from The Black Hole?

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Could still see her nice nipple shape through it all, better than most blueballin

Just finished going through them a 2nd time.
Ep 3 is for sure fire. Better than LotR slow shit, but over Wheel, LotR, HotD this is what I am most excited to see the next episode of cause you GET the feeling shit bout to get real.
Absolutely no contest between this and Wheel or LotR, but that's not saying much. It's the first live action show, since maybe Mando, that I might watch more than once.

I am still suspicious that Kathleen Kennedy didn't insert some of her shitty writers into the writers room during mid production. Although, F&F failed spectacularly on Boba Fett, so maybe it's within the realm of possibilities that the KK side can make something decent (at least once). Bait and switching coming in 3....2....

Oldbased

> Than U
Absolutely no contest between this and Wheel or LotR, but that's not saying much. It's the first live action show, since maybe Mando, that I might watch more than once.

I am still suspicious that Kathleen Kennedy didn't insert some of her shitty writers into the writers room during mid production. Although, F&F failed spectacularly on Boba Fett, so maybe it's within the realm of possibilities that the KK side can make something decent (at least once). Bait and switching coming in 3....2....
Generally things improve over episodes not get worse.
Unless you work for HBO.