Andor

Cybsled

The best compliment I can give this show is you could strip away all the Star Wars stuff and it would still be a good show. It uses the IP to enhance, not as a crutch

• 10Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stellan fucking Skarsgard. Making my neck hairs stand up. Credit to the writers too. Fucking brilliant.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
"I can't swim" deserved a few more seconds of a scene. Excellent otherwise.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everything in this show tracks and makes sense. Every character is layered and complex, like real people. They have motivations, take appropriate actions, and there are brutal consequences.

For the first time in the Star Wars universe, I think you can truly understand the cause and plight of the Rebels and truly fear this Imperial Empire. Star Wars ain't just Space Wizards.

This show deserves an Emmy.

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

spronk

FPS noob
Every other show that would probably be the last of Andy Serkis. I have a feeling we'll see how his story wraps up though. All the remaining prisoners captured and executed to keep it all quiet?

For those wondering if this is worth watching, this is basically the Better Call Saul version of Star Wars. Its plot, writing, and character heavy. If you like that, you'll like this. If you just wanna watch jedi fite with laser swords, this is pretty slow.

Jail break was good, I'll be honest a little disappointing in scale/consequences considering how epic the previous arcs of theft and heist ended up, but I still appreciated the little things like "ohhhh, so thats why he was flooding the pipes", to short circuit the punishment system.

damn luthen. He said he started 15 years ago, which would be exactly the day Palpatine took over and executed order 66?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
all great so far. only very slight thing that throws me off is how cassian always has that hard-core emo-resting-bitch-face thing going. still been able to pull it off no problem, if it was nearly any other actor or a chick i'd hate the character just for the facial expression/mood. but still enjoying every moment, and hoping for lots more of serkis going forward.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Dude if they actually wrote all the Star Wars movies and shows like they are doing Andor, Disney would make trillions off this style.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Dude if they actually wrote all the Star Wars movies and shows like they are doing Andor, Disney would make trillions off this style.

I think Andor is probably the best TV of 2022, easily the best star wars show, but I think this statement is incorrect. This show is wildly non-commercial. There are no toys gonna be sold, no games, no comics. Unfortunately, just being good isn't a path to profit any more.

However, that doesn't mean they shouldn't pursue more like it. Andor is what the movies tagged "A Star Wars Story" should always have been (I know Rogue One was made by this team, but that had way more nostalgia built into it than Andor).

Really, at this point, I think their best path forward is what they wanted to do with Skywalker Movies with A Star Wars Story between each release, before they got scared off by what went on with Solo. (Imagine if Solo was instead an Andor style movie about just the railway heist instead of the origins of Han Solo).

A F&F project, A Gilroy-style Project, taking turns. One more commercial, with nostalgia hooks (but we can leave Tatooine, I promise it will be OK); one more serious and grounded.

• 2Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Never seen an episode, was lukewarm on Mandalorian. Is this worth watching?

ya, there's really no flaws except it's connected to the embarrassment that is the star wars universe and it gives you a taste of what could be

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I will actually say the first episode is a tiny bit of a slog but I honestly think that's because we're conditioned to think this is going to be trash and when I rewatch this in a couple years I bet I won't feel the same.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This blows my mind. All of the crap that has come out revolving around the Star Wars universe and out of practically nowhere we get this small gem. It can be nitpicked but for the most part everything is solid. Its an actual story that is being well told. Never has the understanding of hatred been made so clear in this universe. It was always Empire bad, Rebels good, and that was accepted. Now I understand the rebellion a lot more.

That is what a story should do......

Never thought I would think that Disney could have produced this.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I also really liked that after Luthen gave his speech about his sacrifices, saying he had to use the tools of his enemies, to bring a sunrise he will never get to see, he was framed in the way we've seen so many Jedi, heroes and villains framed.

Standing on that walkway, wide shoulders, cloak blowing in the wind.

This story may not have space wizards, but it certainly has people to be looked on with the same awe.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Wow, that was fantastic.

This legitimately enhances and layers more emotional heft into the original movies, instead of cheapening their legacy by way of lazy writing buried beneath CGI and shoddy nostalgia.

How are prequels supposed to work? Why have them at all? This is the answer.

• 2Like

Musab

Molten Core Raider
This show just keeps knocking it out of the fucking park.

“I can’t swim…”

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
My God.

That soliloquy by Luthen at the end. Holy shit. People will be using that for dramatic auditions for years.

Mon Mothma as she literally shakes in a combination of anger and fear.

"I can't swim"

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This blows my mind. All of the crap that has come out revolving around the Star Wars universe and out of practically nowhere we get this small gem. It can be nitpicked but for the most part everything is solid. Its an actual story that is being well told. Never has the understanding of hatred been made so clear in this universe. It was always Empire bad, Rebels good, and that was accepted. Now I understand the rebellion a lot more.

That is what a story should do......

Never thought I would think that Disney could have produced this.
The more family friendly stuff or simple stuff has its place, but stuff like this definitely has its place. It respects its audience, recognizing that lots of them are educated adults now, and producing a show meant for that audience. I hope it does as well as it deserves.

• 2Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This show just keeps knocking it out of the fucking park.

“I can’t swim…”

I loved that line.

To have survived the uncaring horror of that place only to be defeated by something so mundane.

The guy running the place as well, just some snot-nosed twenty-something making decisions to erase a few hundred lives to keep the factory churning out.

It might be a sci-fi show but the writing on this is next level.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Andor was championed by the Kathleen Kennedy partisan faction within Disney yes? This would seem to cement her position which had seemed tenuous after the pop culture success of the Mandalorian.

Jive Turkey

Karen
The score for this show is also next level. It doesn't even try to pay homage to the John Williams stuff. The weird, dystopian, slightly out of tune synths are spot on. And the music they used when we first see Niamos is like nothing heard before in Star Wars, but it works on its own merits.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Gonna be real disappointed if that's the last of Andy Serkis in Star Wars.

I really love the idea that the empire hardened and trained leaders of men to lead the rebellion.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users