Aradune Returns to EQ aka the EQ Nostalgia thread

Zaide

TLP Idealist
This is going to sound weird but was there some progression server released end of 2010 - beginning of 2011? I found some weird screenshots of my old characters at low levels around this time frame. Guild name was <Fourteen Days> and I cannot for the life of me recall this at all..
<Fourteen Days> was a guild on Vulak. I think Corellon was the leader of it. Basically it was where some of the FoH guys played back when Mischief in Chaos was mage petting all the raid mobs. Once MiC broke up and EoE was formed I believe most of the Fourteen Days crew either joined EoE, Dead Halfling Society or The Faceless.

What were your character names?

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Late post... I only recently registered.

I was in Darkwind from late Velious through GoD. Mortalis vs DW was the only real drama. AoW spawn fights, DW waking Sleeper to cockblock Mortalis, etc. The ONLY time Mortalis was ahead of DW was during Luclin when you guys had some crazy number of school kids / unemployed killing Emp Ssra during the morning - afternoons before anyone else was home from work. This led to the DWaRF (Darkwind and Raging Fury) combined raids to beat your early numbers. There was a particular DW vs Mortalis event in VT where we raced each other in the zone through a differerent level (or wing whatever the fuck it was) and DW won. It was soon after that Mortalis left for VS server because they didnt want to compete any longer.

*edit* There was also the lasting impression Mortalis was a zerg force, and hell, there was a GU Comic of Mortalis killing AoW with the AoW drowning in bodies at one point.

Darkwind certainly had some huge accomplisments in their day. They had dozens of members with BoTB individual and group titles, had a couple worldwide firsts in Luclin and were worldwide #3 behind AL and TR to kill Rathe Council and enter PoTime.

Justice Divine were indeed the running joke of the server. I remember after an NToV raid, heading into the noobie wing to watch DJ wipe repeatedly on scrub mobs. Who was their member who used to leave corpses all over the god damn world?
To be honest a lot of Luclin content on SolRo was getting raided as soon as server would be up after the daily patch (Luclin, remember).
Also Magna Charta tried to cockblock DW as much as possible back then (and i think got the first emp Ssra kill on SolRo too). Luckily for US guilds EQ got emergency patched alot back then and if not, ssra would often repopped by GM-request and that was even after they fixed that annoying tell ctd bug, that got really outta hand at that time.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I know this is a bit off topic, but I wonder if Brad will have anything to do with EQ Next?

I don't know if that would be a good thing or not. Is any of the original EQ devs involved in this?

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was in 14 Days/EoE as well. If I remember right, we had some run ins with your guys up in PoH, Zaide.

I think Vulak sucked any desire to play classic on a live PC server out of me. Ths ridiculous strength of mage pets, out oc control F2P boxing and unbalanced out of era mechanics (HT spam) really took the fun out of it. I think for a while we had like 6-8 SKs being leveled just to instagib raid mobs.

Really love classic EQ so it's a shame to feel like progression servers really hold no value any longer.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was in 14 Days/EoE as well. If I remember right, we had some run ins with your guys up in PoH, Zaide.

I think Vulak sucked any desire to play classic on a live PC server out of me. Ths ridiculous strength of mage pets, out oc control F2P boxing and unbalanced out of era mechanics (HT spam) really took the fun out of it. I think for a while we had like 6-8 SKs being leveled just to instagib raid mobs.

Really love classic EQ so it's a shame to feel like progression servers really hold no value any longer.
Come to EQ Mac.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Love how sol people just don't talk about paradigm lol
I wish I could remember the PD guys who leveled with me in kunark. I know Arazanos was my neighbor and got me into a lot of EQ. Same with Lawrenz he was my RL bff so I went to Mystical Legacy with Chynaa (lol)

@Gultan what was your name? Kelefane is still around and has been in RoV since the merger. God AoT what a long time ago.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
mumble mumble word beat beat mumble word word mumble mumble word beat word beat mumble beat beat mumble mumble beat beat mumble

correction - Bitches be itchin and be litching on itches cause i got the itches, level 60 i dont give a fuck what you think duur mother fucker durrrr fuck see this fuck see this, play other game and be a bicthes just like me

Zaide

TLP Idealist
mumble mumble word beat beat mumble word word mumble mumble word beat word beat mumble beat beat mumble mumble
All these IV muthafukers trying see us, they can't be us, all the can do is breeze us
This is ASF in this bitch, gon' stomp on this IV itch,
fuck them Wakandans*
You wanna talk about our lives,
IV level?n 24/7 little kids and housewives*
Sweatband wearing macroquesters,*
I thought Photek told ya,
but now we bringing out the real guns to show ya,
Your shit talking made this thing, now watch how we play this game? bitches.
*Fuck Insidious, uh huh yeah, Fuck Insidous, come on yeah , Fuck Insidious, we put our magic boots, Fuck Insidious, up your uber loots*

Fuck Insidous, Everquest they win, Fuck Insidious, pocket GMs*Fuck Insidious, playing with one hand, Fuck Insidious, wearing sweatbands?*

Ya?ll ain?t shit but GM snitches,
should?ve joined the combine and been FOH?s bitches
Meditate and DIE?*
Ya?ll joined the Sleeper server dreaming of riches-and-all-the-fame, you think killing Trak first, would give ya?ll bitches a name?*
Feeling hard cause IV zerging level 63 dragons,
braging about your classic epics like nobody ever had ?em*
You wanna fuck with us, feel the pain yo let?s get insane,
keep on stealing our mobs we?ll send Damdor with the trains
It ain?t no secret how we do it we the shit and that?s real,
it ain?t no secret that ya?ll losers zerging shit for tha kill*
All the officers in your guild suck a dick keep it real,
trying to keep us out your groups cause you know we got the skills*

Why don?t you take your asses back to Misty Thicket raiding bixies with your power leveling macroquesting no life level 60?s.

*The whole server knows you stink we don?t give a fuck what you think;
you would all be faggot assholes if it wasn?t for Brinks, SUP BRINKS!*You can hate us or celebrate us, degrade or elevate us,
you fakers and player haters disgracers and commentators*
We know what your raid leader shouts when IV raid "Zerg Muthafukas, Zerg Muthafukas, Zerg Muthafukas Zerg?.*"

Ya?ll playing a man?s game with real Kangs, why don?t you go play World of Warcraft with them little kids?

Bitches.

Gultan

Trakanon Raider
I wish I could remember the PD guys who leveled with me in kunark. I know Arazanos was my neighbor and got me into a lot of EQ. Same with Lawrenz he was my RL bff so I went to Mystical Legacy with Chynaa (lol)

@Gultan what was your name? Kelefane is still around and has been in RoV since the merger. God AoT what a long time ago.
Was guilded as Gultan, necro. Was around the time veyah was more or less actively leading.
Kelefane, actually goy me a RoV invite during my last return to live, think he moved on to fu recently though.
Not sure if you were there but I was the other necro in the fire raid when pharren and I /dueled and used wtd on fennins corpse, probably the only thing id stick out for lol.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
My most recent nostalgic moment was playing EQMac last year and spending about 24 hours over four days trying to farm the Undead Jester before discovering he may not actually be on Al'Kabor. Also forgetting that the POK book in Freeport was behind a secret door in the wall. All of which led me to believe that it is pain in one form or another that drives nostalgia. Sort of like how you now fondly remember the time your psycho ex-girlfriend stabbed you with a fork.

Fish1_sl

shitlord
Raster is on Al Kabor. I saw him track a few times. But he is rare and a really dull camp unless you do it at a low enough level to get xp nearby.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Raster is on Al Kabor. I saw him track a few times. But he is rare and a really dull camp unless you do it at a low enough level to get xp nearby.
Al Kabor has lots of weird issues with spawns. But I meant the Jester in Kurn's. Who knows he may be there just super rare compared to live servers. I don't regret my camp, I watched some movies in the background. That's EQ sometimes you don't get what you're camping for. I never saw the glowing black stone guy.

Fish1_sl

shitlord
Not really lots of issues, I've only seen one in my time on that server, and that's about 6 months or so. But I'm sure they can be annoying if they happen to be something you need. And yeah the camping can be slooow. But I do the same, if I'm xping I race around killing stuff constantly, but if I just want to camp something, I take the opportunity to chill and watch a film or something and just keep alt tabbing back when I hear myself getting hit.