Arcane

Caliane

I'm surprised how bad I felt for Jinx. But I also didn't even know she was supposed to be a villain before this, the other animation she's been in was always kind of endearingly crazy. Is the Odyssey Jinx an alternate reality or something? Cause she seemed like a mostly normal person in that.
Almost all the skins, etc are alt reality.

Caliane

hey can we make this darker? animators: no problem fam.

Sky dies, Jayce kills a kid.....

just no resolution at all. Wonder how Ekkos time rewind will come in, if at all. they kindof had it in his head... wonder if it will become reality. I feel like Mel survives. Mel dying, makes her war mongering mother correct.
Also... all Jinx's fault..

I wish VI just flattened Silco's enforcer in one hit. She already beat her once, bare handed... gets her gloves, and has a harder time...
Stupid sexy shirtless Jayce.

I wonder how long it will take for a season 2?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Their first collaboration with Fortiche for the painterly shader look was in 2017 and this teaser was released in 2019, which has a lot of footage from the first two acts already:

It was originally announced to air on March 2020, but COVID hit and it got pushed to more than a year later so let's say it was more or less complete by 2020. Without knowing the specifics on when they actually started we can at least say they couldn't have started before working with Fortiche in 2017 so production took anywhere from two to three years for the first nine episodes.

Of course if it overperforms, or if Riot wants to exploit the show's popularity to drive subs for their MMO, they could moneytruck the production team and get it out sooner.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Sky dies, Jayce kills a kid.....
Wonder how Ekkos time rewind will come in, if at all. they kindof had it in his head... wonder if it will become reality.

I think one of the biggest ironies from the show is that in-game Heimerdinger is quite literally a walking arsenal of hextech weaponry. So if anyone could lend engineering help, it's him.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I have to admit I am curious about LoL after watching this just because I want to know more about the characters. This show has been fucking amazing, the best way I can express it is every single episode I was left wanting more, I was interested and invested in the characters, I wanted to know more of the backstory. The ending of this left you wanting to load up the next immediately. It isn't that they just had solid animation it was that they actually built a rich and compelling story.

One I finished this Netflix recommended Cowboy BeBop remake, what a stark contract from an utterly amazing show to a massive runny dog turd in the middle of your living room floor.
Riot producing the whole thing is the only reason Netflix didn’t fuck up the whole thing with their SJW bullshit. Hopefully it gets a sequel snd Netflix is kept out of everything but distribution.

5C1480D5-7200-4479-9E10-7635DB4F2307.jpeg

• 1Worf

Caliane

top hat guy from that promo never showed up. looking back at it, he looks like he was supposed to be in the first set. Watch it again, slow. he shows up several times. one, we see him with a cane and almost robot hand. which flips to the front shot, where he lights up the cigar. This is outside the bar, in the green lighting. like we see in episode 3. Then, later we see him enter the bar, in green. Then we skip to, broken glasses on teh ground, and we see him in reflection. and then swap to a seen in shadow silhouette, where he gets tackled.
I think this guy was in the place of Grayson. (the enforcer Vander was working with). They swapped out that guy, who probably was a dick, and replaced him with the her. and that scene was him going after Vander like the end of Episode 2. and the start where Silco's chem people take out the guards there to collect Vander, when he turns himself in, to save Vi.

Mel's shimmer at the end.. She appears to be wearing Solari, not Noxian cloths when young..

riot is not afraid to retcon champs.. I mean, Vi's amnesia. Camille might be a "rebuilt" cyborg Caitlyn's mom.

[/spoiler

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
If they go ham and full-blown MCU on this franchise, I could see them just doing separate shows with the "League of Legends" subtitle. Then they can silo the different arcs for Noxus/Demacia/Bilgewater etc and have them intersect only when they need to instead of cutting down character development or cramming way too much exposition into a season.

Since they're more or less doing that with the actual LoL game (IE: branching out into CCGs, fighting games, autochess and ARPGs) just so they don't dilute the core game of LoL, they're already exposed to the benefit of managing their world and lore this way.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It's cancel-proof, there's an actual pink-haired lesbian lead in the show.

View attachment 383603

Definitely but if Netflix had done it she would have been a 'lesbian' with a 10" dick visibly showing in every episode. And 6 of the 9 episodes would have discussed how she was coming out and why men had destroyed the world with their toxic masculinity, not with magic. Anyone who has watched a live reboot of any anime on their service knows how easily they could fuck up a wet dream. I'm shocked they didn't win the rights to fuck up Wheel of Time instead of Amazon.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Definitely but if Netflix had done it she would have been a 'lesbian' with a 10" dick visibly showing in every episode. And 6 of the 9 episodes would have discussed how she was coming out and why men had destroyed the world with their toxic masculinity, not with magic. Anyone who has watched a live reboot of any anime on their service knows how easily they could fuck up a wet dream. I'm shocked they didn't win the rights to fuck up Wheel of Time instead of Amazon.

The woke shit isn't the most infuriating thing about it for me, it's how much utter disdain they'd have to feel towards the target audience to think we'd lap up any kind of "legit" hollywood validation of the fandoms regardless how phoned-in it is.

The SJW shit is just an accessory to that if you think about it: "these weebs will watch it anyway, may as well normalize transgender pedophiles while we're at it." Or "any adult who'd watch He-Man probably needs their fragile masculinity examined."

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is there any particular reason to assume that anyone in the council room survived? With the tone of the show being so dark and the significant changes to the backstories of Jinx and Vi, I don't think we should be assuming Jayce gets to survive almost certain death just for being a champion in the game.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there any particular reason to assume that anyone in the council room survived? With the tone of the show being so dark and the significant changes to the backstories of Jinx and Vi, I don't think we should be assuming Jayce gets to survive almost certain death just for being a champion in the game.

Well, there could be "plausible" survival paths, maybe. Like his partner's magic/hextech/greengoo experimental body allows him to grab and somehow save/teleport Jayce.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really enjoyed this. I love good surprises.

I was a bit hesitant at another video game adaptation into a series/movie. They rolled a perfect strike with almost every aspect of this show. It is wonderful how a show can just show strong women without going over the top to force it as some message. I favored Jinx's character most of all. She reminded me in a lot of ways of the Joker. The Yen/Yang of the 2 sister's personalities was damn near perfect. I am glad to see this get renewed for a 2nd season. With as many characters and areas that exist in this world, this show could go for a long time. I do hope that the ending actually represented what it looked like it did.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff

In this case I am perfectly fine with them taking however long they need to. I would be very happy if it was next year, but this is goddamn art and it needs to take as long as it needs to take.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can’t get over how good this series turned out. I don’t know or care about LoL, and loved every minute (sans imagine dragons random music video). I can’t wait for season 2 and hope they come out with a MMO or some other immersive type game for this world.

• 2Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Oh wow. They went with more of an MvC/Guilty Gear arcsys look instead of something closer to SF4 for their upcoming fighting game. Still a ways out but they couldn't resist waving the flag during Riot's undercity nights event:

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Vi and cait is lesbian romance done right.

It fits, it's subtle, it's not in the way of the story or in your face just cause.

Also

Vander is obviously warwick. Too many hints for it not to be true.

1637472935488.png

The warwick jinx and warwick vi interaction in league fit.
Vander was 'the hound of the underground'
And warwick's bio on the riot site fits right in

• 2Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

I think Mel glowing like a Solari and Viktor being there with his Hexcore augmentations to save Jayce would lead me to believe the 3 of them surviving. However, I assume the others, including Cait's mom, are crispy Super Mega Death Rocket toast.

• 2Like