Archeage

Cybsled

Unless they changed it, small houses were 15 Gilda (which you should get from the beginner quests)

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
It sucks they raised thatched farmhouse to 300. I'm at 200 gilda's right now, so if they don't delay land rush will probably place the manor as a 24x24 placeholder.

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
So is this casual/solo friendly (as in possible at all) or no. None of my click are playing but I’m intrigued

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think it absolutely can be, depending on your goals. You might not get land right away but you can always buy/claim later. There are a lot of public groups right now for raids and other stuff.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’ve been trying to solo but I’m so lost. It looks like I have to upgrade my own gear ie the stuff I got at lvl 1? But I don’t have the labor and don’t have enuf of the infusions to do it all. And not sure where to get the other infusions. Plus have no idea how to spec, it’s pretty overwhelming, and game seems very different from when I played in 2014

agripa

Molten Core Raider
I’ve been trying to solo but I’m so lost. It looks like I have to upgrade my own gear ie the stuff I got at lvl 1? But I don’t have the labor and don’t have enuf of the infusions to do it all. And not sure where to get the other infusions. Plus have no idea how to spec, it’s pretty overwhelming, and game seems very different from when I played in 2014

You need to log into your glyph account and activate your token for the character you are playing to start getting labor. There is also a good reddit post on upgrading your gear.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So, a question for the people playing. Is the graphics update already active in the "unchained"-version? If yes, is everything updated (all zones) or just specific zones?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
The update was just for certain stuff I think.

Also, land unlock times confirmed.

Update on the Ability to Claim Land on Oct 19th
Hello Chainbreakers,

We have taken a lot of things into consideration, one of which being the importance of the originally announced time for the housing claim to be active. The feedback provided across multiple channels is something we take very seriously and we understand the desire for a delay. After reviewing these items, we have made the decision to take a staggered approach. The land claim process for the original three servers opened at launch will proceed as scheduled on October 19th,. The servers that were brought online post launch will have their land claim times shifted to fit with when they were brought online.

The reason behind this decision comes from multiple points. Delaying for an additional week on those launch servers would increase the quantity and quality of housing placed, which makes it harder to place land for the population on each server. Additionally, we are still working on resolving the grace period. If that system were in place at this time, we would have more strongly considered postponing the land rush to have an optimal experience. Based upon this, and a review on the progression of the servers at this time, we are going to stick to the original announcement.

Land Claim Times for ArcheAge: Unchained are as follows:

EUROPE
Alexander, Halnak, and Belstrom - Saturday, October 19th at 10AM UTC.
Tinnereph - Sunday, October 20th at 10AM UTC.
Gildaron - Saturday, October 26th at 10AM UTC.

NORTH AMERICA
Tyrenos, Wynn, and Denistrious - Saturday, October 19th at 10AM PDT.
Kaylin - Sunday, October 20th at 10AM PDT
Runert - Saturday, October 26th at 10AM PDT.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks a lot , learned how to do the gear upgrading now. I’m guessing you don’t do the Lumina stones until end game ya?
How do you level after 30? No more story quest and not sure what the fastest way is

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, a question for the people playing. Is the graphics update already active in the "unchained"-version? If yes, is everything updated (all zones) or just specific zones?
Only certain areas got the update, and I think water / skybox globably got update. The Elf females got an updated model (which you don't need to use, and it just might be the face). Everything else is the same.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks a lot , learned how to do the gear upgrading now. I’m guessing you don’t do the Lumina stones until end game ya?
How do you level after 30? No more story quest and not sure what the fastest way is
They push you to 30 so you get into the conflict zones for pvp. When I hit 30 and started looking around at the "wasted" content of the non-starter areas, I went to the last two zones pre-30: Villanelle(?) and Silent Forest. They were full of quests. At this time I also unlocked the Premium Pass track that also unlocked the Pass Missions. There are 4 types of Pass Missions: Killing, Crafting/Gathering (I think, haven't unlocked that one), Honor, and Premium (seems like a freebie each day). The Killing missions are for areas around your level, so when I unlocked them I would get missions for Villa, Silent Forest and Yrnstere.

So what I did then was quest in the Yrnstere conflict zone til it went to war, then went to Villa or Silent and quested. While doing this I would naturally do the Pass Missions for Killing and Honor. Doing that earned quite a bit of extra xp over what you would get from going immediately to Yrnstere/Cinderstone Moore(?). As of now, at lvl43 I've just finished off questing in Hellswamp and moved into Sandeep. The Killing missions are now soley taking place in conflict zones due to my levels, which is fine since it helps with the Honor missions. They both give good xp / gold, but limited to 17/day.

Have to find some noobi guide on gathering / crafting that I can do while waiting for zones to pop out of War, since soloing in War zones is tedious. =)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
With the LoL season about to end, we were kicking some games around to add to our mix as we wait for the next season. This game has come up 2-3 times now and the enhancements intrigue me a bit. However, I've heard a few P2W comments... any truth to that? Can a small group of 5-6 friends playing semi casually enjoying the game? Personally i'm interested in t he housing and such as well. We've been talking in the EQ2 post and that's some I miss in MMO's and feel they did very well and hoping Archeage may have captured some of that

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
How did land grab go for everyone? I woke up at 5:30 pst, barely made it in. Luckily they seemed to be kicking afkers, otherwise the queue was moving so slowly.

Got a manor and scarecrow down in my ideal spot, solzreed south of lacton right next to the ocean and just over the hill from dewstone.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider
I had my eye on two potential housing locations and managed to snag one of them, which was very unexpected (one of the separated spots in Airain Rock, a 16x16 and 24x24 connected spot). Had no competition for it, people just kinda hovered around the area they wanted to place and for the most part late-comers respected the squatters rights and moved on. It was weird.

Im in the process of grinding up another 200 gilda for a townhouse (ultimate goal of having a tradesman house). How did you round up so many gilda so quick, Uriel? Best I could manage was 140ish (minus the 15 i lost due to the archeapass daily crap not resetting)

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having the oddest bug in AAU right now, haven't seen anything like this in a game or program. Maybe some a genius here can think of what is happening. Whenever I go to type anything in the chat or search windows in the game, the first few letters of a word will just disappear, or something I can type a few words before they all disappear. Absolutely no idea what is causing that.

Also noticed an odd sound that just keeps happening no matter where I am or what I'm doing. Sounds like a couple heavy pages in a book being flipped, best way to decribe it. Only goes away if I turn off Effects.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kaylin land rush is in a couple hours, I really had to push it to get to 50 and finish the trade quests last night, was up til 4am and just woke up, sitting in queue.

Whoever was selling ground grain last night made a fucking fortune and sadly I helped...64 gold for 270 ground grain! A short term loss for a long term gain though *shrug*

I'm also hoping for a spot near lacton but we'll see. I barely made it to 50 last night with working and I haven't been screwing off when I have been home. Without spending most of yesterday at aegis island I wouldn't have my 16x16 so I'm sure the land rush wont be as chaotic.