Arrow

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I think a decent explanation for Barry as Flash is improved electro-muscular response that makes him super fast. It"ll keep with the semi reality of the show.
Don't really have to worry about it meshing with Arrow as he's getting his own show. Same universe but Flash will just have more super powered villains to deal with. It's not really too big a deal in the DC universe as all these people seem to have their own cities that they protect, with villains that don't seem to city hop very much.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
It's not really too big a deal in the DC universe as all these people seem to have their own cities that they protect, with villains that don't seem to city hop very much.
Yeah it works in DC. It also makes sense really. A villain like The Joker can fuck with someone like Batman or Green Arrow. I imagine he wants to stay as far away from Superman as possible though. Or you know... this happens.
tongue.png

Column_sl

shitlord
Joker definitely city hops, but for the most part they keep a set of villains contained to there heroes.

Unless you are talking about the legion of doom ;}

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah it works in DC. It also makes sense really. A villain like The Joker can fuck with someone like Batman or Green Arrow. I imagine he wants to stay as far away from Superman as possible though. Or you know... this happens.
tongue.png
Thats the problem I have with Superman though, he is just too fucking powerful as a superhero with no evident downfalls other than "kryptonyte".

Lets list his skills shall we?

Super godly strength
Fly at almost the speed of light
xray visoion
Lazer beam vision
Super hearing
Fuck, Basically all senses super heightened...

So what can hurt him? Kryptonite, which is basically some rare ass chunk of his planet which was destroyed and happen to come all the way here as a meteorite.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would have considered blitzing from the start of this series if they had put it up anywhere besides pay for play services. If they don't want my viewership that badly then I won't give it to them.

Column_sl

shitlord
Thats the problem I have with Superman though, he is just too fucking powerful as a superhero with no evident downfalls other than "kryptonyte".

Lets list his skills shall we?

Super godly strength
Fly at almost the speed of light
xray visoion
Lazer beam vision
Super hearing
Fuck, Basically all senses super heightened...

So what can hurt him? Kryptonite, which is basically some rare ass chunk of his planet which was destroyed and happen to come all the way here as a meteorite.
There is no doubt that Superman was created to be the perfect super hero, but he has more weaknesses then Kryptonyte.

He can not see through lead.
He becomes weaker the more time he is away from our sun
He is week to magic which there is allot of in the DC universe
He is week to kryptonyte.
He has been mind controlled many times

And i'm probly missing another one.

Charles Xavier would make superman his bitch.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I would have considered blitzing from the start of this series if they had put it up anywhere besides pay for play services. If they don't want my viewership that badly then I won't give it to them.
If Netflix isn't "free" enough for you, I don't know what to tell you.

Now you've got me curious. Other than torrents/newsgroups, where exactly are you expecting to see previous seasons of ANY show for free? I haven't checked lately, but last I looked even the network websites didn't usually have more than the current seasons available.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Don't really have to worry about it meshing with Arrow as he's getting his own show. Same universe but Flash will just have more super powered villains to deal with. It's not really too big a deal in the DC universe as all these people seem to have their own cities that they protect, with villains that don't seem to city hop very much.
I was making a DCMU take on the character. He could have super powers, but it could be kept grounded as they did with Batman trology and MoS and what they are dong on Arrow

Tea_sl

shitlord
Well, I started watching this show 2 weeks ago. Now fully caught up. Holy fucking shit this show is awesome.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Well, I started watching this show 2 weeks ago. Now fully caught up. Holy fucking shit this show is awesome.
That's been the response of everyone I've convinced to give Arrow a shot.

It starts of something like, "Eh, I dunno...it's on the CW..."

Then they watch a few episodes and they're like, "Holy shit, he's killing the fuck out of people! Holy shit, it's <insert character/easter egg from DC comics>!!!!"

Finally it's like, "WTF no new episodes until January?!?!"

Tea_sl

shitlord
The first season does start a little flaky. It's entertaining, but the writing is hit or miss and there's not a lot of tension. The last few episodes they really start to hit a stride culminating in one of the best season finales in recent memory. Then season 2 hits the ground running and never lets up.

I was in pretty much the same boat. It's on the CW? I'll pass. When people insisted that it was good, I had assumed it was good for the CW. I was so wrong. It reminds me a lot of Chuck with the chemistry between the characters and the breakneck speed at which plots are developed and wrapped up.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
The chemistry between characters is really good on Arrow and their actions affect others. Ollie, Diggs, and Felicity are a great team and have vested interests in each other. Not being a comic guy, I don't jizz when a character from the DC universe makes an appearance, but I think it adds depth to the show.

This is one reason I am giving up on AoS. The characters are like cardboard cutouts and nothing they do really matters in any way. Just them flying around every week and being boring.

Decado

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was a little worried at the start of S2, it was still very enjoyable but i thought there were vague undercurrents of shit gathering but pleased to say i was totally wrong, gets better each week and is one of the first things I look for.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Back on tonight bro's and the preview had him fighting Slade, 2 hours of hopefully ass kicking inc.