Ashes of Creation

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Game doesn't seem like it is going for a real classic MMO feel, and instead something like GW2. Not a bad thing I guess, but certainly isn't going to scratch that real MMO itch.

No one is going to make that real classic MMO-type game. Blizzard took that kind of market and twisted it into garbage. No one wants to make a new ground-breaking MMO that is too similar to 20 year old games. The market moved on. This is by far the closest we'll get to a AAA MMO in the next 5 years or longer. We have to enjoy what the market gives us or move to another market.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is one MMO that will most likely release in the next 3 years. One that, at least, took considerations from the genre into account.

I'll take it.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
cleric skills level 1- 10 posted about an hour ago. link

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As long as the particle effects can be toned down. Given the environment with MMO's, I really hope they can pull this game off. So far it looks good.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
As long as the particle effects can be toned down. Given the environment with MMO's, I really hope they can pull this game off. So far it looks good.
Most MMO by default have pretty blinding particle effects so having the over the top wow them for screenshots option is normal but I would be shocked if there were not ways to tone it down.

Xevy

Log Wizard
If you look at EQ nowadays and watch some one playing with full particle effects on every cast it's pretty fucking wild. Any boss fight is a fucking fireworks show for 6 minutes straight.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If you look at EQ nowadays and watch some one playing with full particle effects on every cast it's pretty fucking wild. Any boss fight is a fucking fireworks show for 6 minutes straight.

It was like that even back in Planes of Power. I had to turn off spell effects any time I'd raid because I literally couldn't fucking see anything. Even in groups I left my particles at like 10% opacity.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

I'm actually really glad you mentioned that. I really need to turn those down. EQ raids are seizure inducing.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Try playing GW2 these days to see just how bad the particle bullshit can get. The visual noise if off the charts and not only can you not see your own character: You often can't see the enemy either. It's really fun in fights where you have to avoid aoe or see an enemy's animation to know when to dodge.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
The two most common complaints/feedback I see on reddit and youtube is the particles need toned down, and the combat system needs work, especially the animations. The best thing for particles would be to just add some sliders to adjust the density and brightness maybe. Definitely agree on the animations needing work, they need to add a greater sense of weight to character movement and a bit more exaggeration on abilities.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is a big part of why I cant stand current WoW. Its fucking awful and your screen is just full of flashing lights.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have to say at this point I am getting pretty amped up for where this game could end up. It isn't necessarily the type of MMO I was looking for but it has grown on me a ton. If they keep the pace and don't rush anything, this should be a solid entry into my favorite genre.

• 2Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
ff14 in one of their raids with full effects on is like a disco barfed on my screen especially if you get some of those healers with the giant aoe crystal dome effect spell.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Virtually every MMO since EQ1 has had a way to turn off spell effects, so it seems like a non-issue to me.

• 2Like