Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I do, but I'm on PS4. (PSN: Soygen)

In the last 10 posts, I've learned a bunch of crap I didn't know about. The best one is playing the fleet on the app at work!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ubisoft tried cramming all these stupid carrots to get you to be social on uplay (Because they must think Steam is successful because people use it as a social base instead of it being the easiest and cheapest way to buy games) but the fleet part is the worst. It's as if they built the system from the ground up to entice you to find a friend to tag team it with.

Really I wish they would have completely dropped the fleet system. It's trivial, slow, boring and the only gameplay is pressing the I-Win button that is the fire barrels. It would have been cool if instead you could capture ships and assign them to patrol around a fort you capture (with maybe two ships max per fort). And if they sunk a ship you'd get a cut of the loot. You could also see the ships sailing around and high-five them when you pass your forts.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I know you didn't just talk shit about San Batista II and his man o war friends.

spronk

FPS noob
fuck spanish ships, I only capture english ships so they are all HMS's, even though I'm a welshman my loyalties lay with the British Crown, not the spanish infidels who have been polluted by moorish blood. I wish there were other nations flying though, where are the dutch, french or portuguese ships.

the fleet stuff is interesting, while it is trivial playing with the tablet app is fun enough for 10 minutes a day. It also is a great anti piracy tool, since you can't ever do it without a legit uplay ac4. There is definitely a lot more they could add, and I would guess ac5 does integrate it even more.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I'm burning out on this game. I'm only on Sequence 5 (I believe) and it's becoming more and more monotonous doing the ship thing. Might stop for a bit and play Witcher 2 or GTA5.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do more of the sequences for a bit IMO - 100% as you go is a bit annoying to do with the ship because there's SOOOOO much to do with it.

spronk

FPS noob
for ps4 at least there was a patch today that broke multiplayer, and is resetting people to level 1. I guess they took the MP servers offline for now, but just as a heads up don't enter MP until its confirmed fixed.

hopefully the patch fixes the social sharing stuff, I haven't gotten any of the whale/chest/convoy sharing shit and I've sailed the seas for a good 20+ hours over the last month

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I haven't seen any of the social treasure/hunt stuff either.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll be adding you guys this weekend, hopefully you'll still be playing. Some of the friends list things are pretty rare, I've come across one friend chest after like 20 hours of playtime.

Having a fairly large friends list is also a great way of getting a crapton of fire barrels which helps make the mini-game a bit easier too... 70 speed schooners are great for taking out gunboats and there are a fair number of long-range missions that go quite a bit quicker between the 70 speed schooner (20 cargo space too) especially if you've had someone on your friend list cut that time in half.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just started this game up, but was curious, is this a game that is worth exploring every little inch? I'm just currently in the first Sequence chasing this dude around the island, and I wasn't sure if I would regret not exploring everything?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
It's worth doing everything other than going out of your way to get every single treasure chest or animus fragments. Those don't really do a whole lot for you, and some are really tedious out in the middle of nowhere. I always snagged the ones that were in towns, but I never bothered stopping on deserted islands for them.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just started this game up, but was curious, is this a game that is worth exploring every little inch? I'm just currently in the first Sequence chasing this dude around the island, and I wasn't sure if I would regret not exploring everything?
Only if you enjoy exploring.