Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Greece)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
One really cool thing too for me though which I think had something to do with it was I visited Greece last September and saw Athens, Santorini, Mykonos, and Olympia. One of the coolest things was my wife and I were touring where the olympics were first held - complete with the Zeus Temple ruins, the arch way leading into the field, the marble foul line, and the trench where water was surrounding the entire field and we thought how cool it would be to see it when it was originally built. These guys did an AMAZING job on the recreation. When I was playing through that segment I actually compared it to pics I had and it was SPOT on. From the field, to the mountains in the back of the field, the water fountains, the grassways on both sides of the field veering up on both sides, etc.

Fantastic.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I too am very obsessed with ancient cultures, admittedly Greece was never my #1 (shoutouts to the Minoans), but I have always wanted to visit the Acropolis more than anything. It was rad as fuck to see it all ingame for sure.

Also if you haven't seen it:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah that looks exactly the same! Right down to some of the pillar architecture at the smaller temple next to the acropolis. It’s so cool.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
FYI I highly suggest doing the daughters of Artemis quest line. You get an achievement. But you also get an all female crew and they are MUCH better singers on the ship.

• 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
FYI I highly suggest doing the daughters of Artemis quest line. You get an achievement. But you also get an all female crew and they are MUCH better singers on the ship.

Wait fem singers are different? Why the fuck haven't I tried that I'm well over 100 hours in wtf.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
1580501419631.png

The recreation was amazingly well done :) (Took this from the Ubi site but that pic looks like a replica of one I took in September)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I have the steam version and the season pass from steam, but it won't activate on Uplay? I start the game, it says "You have additional content available, exit to the title screen to apply it automatically", though nothing happens. DLCs show as installed on Steam.

Do I need to progress further in the story (just started again) to activate the DLCs? All I see in game as additional content is a blue level 5 bow.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Resumed today and remembered right away how much I hate the bounty hunting system. I specced assassin with the poison set you get from cultists. But whats the best way to deal with bounty hunters as assassin?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Resumed today and remembered right away how much I hate the bounty hunting system. I specced assassin with the poison set you get from cultists. But whats the best way to deal with bounty hunters as assassin?

So I would usually pay off the bounty but it still marks them white. Then sneak up and assassinate.

• 1Mother of God

xzi

Mouthbreather

I'm also maxxed out assassin pretty much. Basically I wait in the bushes to crit assassinate them followed by a Hero Strike (in the assassin tree) and then usually just give him a handful of love taps until they die.

Alternatively a guaranteed kill on almost all of them your level is using Predator Shot -> Rush Assassination (IMMEDIATELY once it hits) - > Hero Strike

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Got the ultimate edition on sale on PS4 over Christmas. I wrapped up the 3 main story lines in the vanilla, and just finished the first DLC Legacy of the First Blade.

Game is legit awesome as far as I am concerned. I have about 60 hours in so far. The first DLC I just finished up was some of the best DLC I have played (Still haven't finished Witcher 3 or that DLC ). The voice acting and Alexios is one of my favorite characters of all time. The humor is great, his reactions are hilarious, and some of the lost greece quests had me rolling on the floor. Especially the one where someone was his imposter on an island and you had to figure out what was going on.

Graphics are ridiculously good, HDR, 4k, etc - all shine. Controls are fun and the abilities are fun. Going to start fate of Atlantis tonight and see if I can wrap up some stuff. I may even try for my first platinum. Not bad for $29.99 for the ultimate edition.

Doesn’t that version also come with AC3 and liberation remastered as well? Is that any good?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Pretty sure I ended up with crit damage and crit build, either raw crit/crit damage or when full health one. With the rest being fire damage.

Pretty much just wrecked everything

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
so far im 2 hours into this game and its same greasy greeks i knew in chicago doing same greasy greek shit but 2500 years earlier. arguing about money, calling each other "malaka" and just generally being retards

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Finished this after 75 hours, half map isnt done and a buttload of quests from atlantis, sisters of artemis, xenia, whatever that i didnt do much of.

Awesome game but Im all Odyssey'd out, despite that there is probably another 40-70 hours of content left in just the base game

• 1Like

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Started this recently, was afraid about this abstergo bullshit they keep trying to hammer in in all their ac games. So far 5 hours in and ive yet to see the 2 bitches hooking in matrix style at the beginning. Am glad and hoping it stays that way.

• 1Like