Avengers: Age of Ultron

Sterling

El Presidente
I just got back from seeing this. While I thought it was definitely good, I still think it's easily adistant5th in the MCU, behind Avengers 1, Winter Soldier, IM1, and GotG. I think some of that is simply because we've already seen an Avengers movie before. Whereas with the first Avengers, it felt like a culmination of all the movies before it. It was incredibly awesome to finally see all of these heroes, who at that point had only really had individual movies/cameos, finallyassemble.So, I think a lot of Age of Ultron's flaws were more easily noticeable without the "Wow!" factor clouding plot holes, stupid lines, pointless characters, etc.
This is largely how I feel about it. Movie was quite good, but the Marvel movies in general have set a very high bar and this is sort of middle of the pack.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So if the dialogue was misogynistic you'd have the same reaction, right? It's amusing that you say your complaints make you like an SJW but don't follow the logical conclusion of that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
On the appeasement side, we get a fucking billionaire playboy and the god of motherfucking lightning pedestalizing their women, fighting over which girl is the better "catch". Right, because when faced with those 2 options as suiters,
Suitors.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Maybe it's because I didn't know or care about sjw agenda crap, but none of that bothered me. I brag about my wife being the best wife all the time. I'd totally get into a pissing contest with someone else about who's girl was better. That's not feministic or chauvinistic. That's human nature encouraging us to believe that we have made the best choice.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Just came back from seeing it, I was totally entertained. Loved Ulton, love Quicksilver much better than the one in X-Men, Scarlet Witch was awesome. The Vision was the best.
smile.png

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw this with the wife tonight. Really liked it. I'd say an 8/10. Not as good as the first, or IM1.

My question, when cap is fighting Ultron on the truck (I think this is in some of the previews/trailers/commercials too) it shows Ultron struggling because cap has him in a choke hold from behind... Ultron... who is a decentralized AI... who doesn't even have his "brain" in his head... is having issues with a choke hold?!?

Still love Ruffalo as Banner, still pissed he's not getting his own movie.

WIfe was pissed about what happened to QS, my bet is they had a deal with Fox that they can put both QS and SW in the movie, but since they have used QS in DoFP they had to agree he'd just be a "cameo". And in WhedonVerse "Cameo" means... dead guy.

Oh. on the topic of 3d glasses...

My wife and I avoid 3d whenever possible, We pre-purchased tickets to a 2d showing, then when we got there they were all "Oops... this is a 3d showing now, we're sorry.." I actually brought home the ones they gave us, snapped off the side stems and built a bracket for my wife. She wears normal glasses, so now she has a pair that clip onto her normal glasses, just in case we ever go to another RealD show.
rrr_img_96381.jpg
Assembly line them and shut up and take my money!

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
After Nova Corps and GoG I don't know how someone could say the series doesn't fit in the film universe they are creating. Actually making those story lines into a movie though, it seems like it would take many movies just to cover it all. You could try watching John Carter and pretending he is green, that is probably as close as we'll ever get to seeing a Planet Hulk movie.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Here's a question that I had coming out of the film:

Do the general public know that Age of Ultron actually happened?

It seems that everyone in the MCU knows about the Battle of New York and additionally the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D. in Captain America: Winter Soldier (although it may be debated that they don't necessarily know much about Hydra). From the movie it seems very clear that everyone knows about Hulk ripping through a city in Africa and Hulkbuster Iron Man / Hulk battle what with the television coverage we see plus Maria Hill commenting on the possibility of calls for Banner to be arrested. They also know that the Avengers didsomethingin South Korea what with the chase scene and flying tractor trailer.

But we don't see any major news stories about the Ultron bots attacking the various facilities around the world, only reports from Maria Hill that installations were attacked. We also don't see any news coverage of Sokovia either the evacuation of the city by the Avengers / S.H.I.E.L.D. remnant or the battle with hundreds of murderbots. Given the real world precedent for bad things happening in third-world countries that don't get much airplay I could easily see the whole Sokovia thing being largely overlooked by the public at large even with the city flying in the air and getting blown up. If it was New York, or Tokyo, or Paris, or some other major world city then yeah everyone would have been watching... but it seems like Sokovia is an easily overlooked balkan / eastern european republic that no one much gives a rats ass about.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Watched it a second time on Sunday and liked it even better. I felt like I was being overly analytical the first time through and was looking for reasons why it wasn't as good as the first. I was pleasantly surprised as stated in my first post and really went in the second time to just enjoy the movie. I think I liked Ultron more the second time around but once I got home and thought about the storyline there are elements i'm going to miss such as Adam Warlock but i'm pretty excited to see how they handle all the movies that lead up to the next Avengers.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Ultron's mouth annoyed me. It was way too articulated for something made of metal. Beyond that, liked it.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I loved the shortcut they used to establish Vision as a good guy. Totally unexpected and perfect. (we all thought it'd be Cap) "So here we have a big origin story speech where this newly created life form explains his motivations and feelings and... fuck it, just have him casually hand Thor the hammer and move on to the explosions"

It was an Indy-shoots-the-swordsman moment.

"The elevator is not worthy!"

Sure, Vision was under-utilized really but ffs, he's part of a huge ensemble here - there's a million other movies where they can establish his powers and personality before Thanos rips that gem out of his head.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If you look closely, his mouth is a series of metal shutters that are very small

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Also saw it again Sunday night. There was a lot I missed the first time. Lot of jokes I missed. The Stark line of "hide the zucchini" about got me to choke.

In regards to the Ultron plan: when Scarlet witch reads visions mind in the take she sees the meteor/city coming back to earth from space. Plus coupled with the reversed repulsors is enough for the plan to work for my understanding/knowledge level.

About Vibrainium: they mentioned Howard Stark had the world's available supply. The stuff Klaue had was stolen from Wakanda hence the brand of thief.

For those that watch SHIELD: The hydra head Dr List was with Strucker in the raid. Did he escape, get killed, or get captured? Will be interesting to see the fallout this week. Fury is back with a new base and an operational helicarrier. Guessing the Upstate New York base is Theta protocol. Beds and supplies and whatnot.

Overall I loved this movie. Wasn't as 'fun' as guardians but that's not what I was looking for in this movie. Civil War will be interesting. I think the new Avengers team will be temporary for Civil War then back to the A team for Infinity War.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Also saw it again Sunday night. There was a lot I missed the first time. Lot of jokes I missed. The Stark line of "hide the zucchini" about got me to choke.

In regards to the Ultron plan: when Scarlet witch reads visions mind in the take she sees the meteor/city coming back to earth from space. Plus coupled with the reversed repulsors is enough for the plan to work for my understanding/knowledge level.

About Vibrainium: they mentioned Howard Stark had the world's available supply. The stuff Klaue had was stolen from Wakanda hence the brand of thief.

For those that watch SHIELD: The hydra head Dr List was with Strucker in the raid. Did he escape, get killed, or get captured? Will be interesting to see the fallout this week. Fury is back with a new base and an operational helicarrier. Guessing the Upstate New York base is Theta protocol. Beds and supplies and whatnot.

Overall I loved this movie. Wasn't as 'fun' as guardians but that's not what I was looking for in this movie. Civil War will be interesting. I think the new Avengers team will be temporary for Civil War then back to the A team for Infinity War.
I beginning to think the entire team will not come until the second part or at the main end of the first. Maybe thinking Hulk comes in at the Savior as he'll probably be the most difficult to find or make his way back. I'm thinking the second Infinity War movie will be the best of all that is left. I'm afraid part 1 will be primarily the new Avengers and moving all the pieces into place.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not as good as first one. Not bad but not a billion dollar movie ether. Will draw the comic book fans but will disappoint the mass market looking for avengers 1 and guardians quality. Marvels unbeatable winning streak is over. There some studio execs getting very nervous about Ant Man right now,
627 million dollars in the first 5 days.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
took the family yesterday at the imax in jordans furniture in reading ma- had lunch there then showed up 45 minutes before the showtime to stand in line- which had about 300 people already in line.

liked it a lot..in terms of placement that is REALLY hard.. i'm thinking third or 4th - IM1, GotG imo are better...not too sure about winter soldier and the first avengers.

kids loved it, wife didn't like it as much as the first one- one complaint i had was,, the action in 3d got blurry while watching a 2d version of it, i could see it fine (ya i got one of the uploads last week). did not mind the black widow origin stuff or the love story with banner ...or hawkeye's family stuff....

my wife is programmed now for end of show stuff though, at the end, she didn't move...then the thanos scene..she still did not move, because she was EXPECTING a very end credit scene...

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think Ant Man will be ahugetest of Marvels invincibility. Maybe Doctor Strange as well.