Avengers: Age of Ultron

Column_sl

shitlord
How do you know Thanos didn't know, he is the master manipulator in the comics. Maybe he has a reason we don't understand yet.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
How do you know Thanos didn't know, he is the master manipulator in the comics. Maybe he has a reason we don't understand yet.
Because his whole MO is to GET the gems. No way he'd freely hand it over. And if he did and it got lost, his very first response would be to go get it himself

Column_sl

shitlord
I doubt it is that cut, and dry. He doesn't seem to be in that big of a rush to get them right now. He knew Star lord, and Ronan were both after one of the gems, and really didn't pursue it.

He's still very powerful even without the gems.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Umm, Ultron knew because the AI that is the base of Ultron was the stone itself.

Thanos gave Loki the scepter to conquer earth which already had two other stones, the tesseract and aether. Easy to go to a conquered planet and collect. Loki fucked up and lost the sceptre and will probably pay dearly for that mistake.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Thanos is using the gems he "has" to lure out the ones he doesn't or weaken those who could stop him.

Loki used the Mind Gem to try to capture the Space Gem, his shenanigans weakened Asgard and revealed the Reality Gem.
Ronan used the Power Gem to weaken the Nova Corps.

He probably knows he can take Loki and Ronan alone with a Gem since I assume he has some sort of strategy for them. He'll be happy for multiple parties to capture and fight over these Gems, then he will step in at the end to claim them all since no one else seems to know what they actually are.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Loki didn't know what the stone was. He just knew he had a bitchin charm staff. Either Thanos knew Loki wasn't smart enough to figure out he could do a lot more with it, or the staff itself limited the gems power (I think this is the case), or Thanos used the staff on Loki to begin with the control him. I watched Avengers 1 before 2 and I wondered what the fuck was wrong with Loki's eyes. They were really dark/baggy when he first comes through the Tesseract. Maybe ol' Papa T used some mindfuck on him to put all that in motion.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Also, this conversation reminded me that as of Thor 1, Asgard had the gauntlet. It was just an easter egg at the time but it was there. How did thanos get it after avengers 2? Sure, Loki is in control of Asgard, so he could have just given it to him to appease his "mistakes," but that doesn't really fit Loki's character. It would really be great if instead of dumping so much money into TV shows that mostly don't connect with current MCU happenings, if they spent some time and energy on actually fleshing out some stories. Agents of shield really needed to be about the team dealing with the movies, from a different perspective. Have some time devoted to finding banner. Have time devoted to finding Bucky. The movies spend so much time expositing future movies. Cut that and put it in the show. The show doesn't even need to know they are looking for Bucky. Black operative contacts them for a favor, queue side story shenanigans that pulls them in, drop off new info to falcon and move on to next thing. Have sif ask them for help investigating murders in Asgard as they are outsiders. Turns out you see just how mortal these immortals are plus sets up the gauntlet being "taken"

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So if the dialogue was misogynistic you'd have the same reaction, right? It's amusing that you say your complaints make you like an SJW but don't follow the logical conclusion of that.
No, I think it'sallfucking retarded and my point was a sarcastic, "devil's advocate" way of using their worthless, tired arguments against them to point out how fucking ridiculous/hypocritical it all is. My point about these people being completely unappeasable stands. Whedon basically bowed down to these retards after the last movie and they arestillripping him apart. So much so that he took down his twitter.

Yeah, I'm always fucking that one up.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
The prima nocta joke RDJ says when he's attempting to lift Mjolnir.
That's it? Really? I was expecting some kind of nuanced, really gotta look for it deep offensiveness about "hide the zucchini" and violence against women. They get upset about a one-line zinger?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You know I didn't even get the hide the zucchini joke the first time I saw it? Then the second time I wondered how the hell I missed it.

*edit*

I mean I got that it was a sex joke, I just didn't get that it was a 'sex with the hulk and not banner' joke.