Avengers: Endgame (2019)

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
He lost it when giant ant man punched the flying worm and stepped on the one child of thanos

I always loved this scene, even though based on how they explain it in ant man (shrunk down, power of a bullet in his punch), he'd be punching a giant metal-ish creature and sharring his hand and everything else.

At least the hulk punching it in Avengers he has the rageface strength godmode

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
He actually sat through Homecoming and he was not quite five yet. We were at the theatre which helped, but the pacing in that one was pretty good, he really liked all the elementals. Thor is perfect pacing though, and all the silliness helps, he’s watched that three or four times now. Infinity war has great pacing too, he sat through the entire thing which is extremely long for him.
I know a 3 yr old who saw the live action spiderman movie last summer (his mother thought it was animated). Kid was telling me about the giant spider man, so I think he liked it. (His first movie theatre experience).

• 1Garbage
  • 1Dislike

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I know a 3 yr old who saw the live action spiderman movie last summer (his mother thought it was animated). Kid was telling me about the giant spider man, so I think he liked it. (His first movie theatre experience).

Thats kind of young! We actually have to anticipate and cough or distract him during these movies because of the swearing and some of the scenes like thanos getting his head cut off, BW plummeting off a cliff.

Hopefully this three year old doesn’t grow up to kill you, glad he likes it!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thats kind of young! We actually have to anticipate and cough or distract him during these movies because of the swearing and some of the scenes like thanos getting his head cut off, BW plummeting off a cliff.

Hopefully this three year old doesn’t grow up to kill you, glad he likes it!

Why, did he grow up without you ever reading him any fairy tales? Any kid raised on fairy tales should be completely used to the concept of death by age 4.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Why, did he grow up without you ever reading him any fairy tales? Any kid raised on fairy tales should be completely used to the concept of death by age 4.

The concept of death and watching someone get their head cut off in realistic CGI are two totally different things to a kid that young. In my opinion as a parent anyways.

He watched iron man die and understood. Just don’t want him getting violent nightmares. At least until he’s six or seven.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
The concept of death and watching someone get their head cut off in realistic CGI are two totally different things to a kid that young. In my opinion as a parent anyways.

He watched iron man die and understood. Just don’t want him getting violent nightmares. At least until he’s six or seven.

My understanding is that the 3 yr old involved does not watch such things. I personally did not see the most recent Spiderman movie but I assume it does not have decapitations or the equivalent.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Homecoming was with Vulture. Far From Home was with the elementals.

Derp yeah, misspoke. He hasn’t seen homecoming yet. I’m guessing another 6 months or so and he’ll have the attention span to watch the slower films. Going to be fun watching these all in order again. Haven’t seen many of them since release. Damn kids are lucky, I would’ve loved this shit as a kid.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Derp yeah, misspoke. He hasn’t seen homecoming yet. I’m guessing another 6 months or so and he’ll have the attention span to watch the slower films. Going to be fun watching these all in order again. Haven’t seen many of them since release. Damn kids are lucky, I would’ve loved this shit as a kid.

Shown him into the spiderverse yet? Should be more kid friendly and visually appealing to him.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Shown him into the spiderverse yet? Should be more kid friendly and visually appealing to him.

Oh yeah. We saw that in theatres, and have probably watched it 7 or 8 times since (something kids do anyways) Some kid movies they watch over and over you get so sick of as a parent. It’s the most tolerable movie to rewatch over and over with him, I don’t really mind. It’s one of my favorite marvel movies, can’t wait for the sequel.

We also dressed as this for Halloween. I was sweatpants spidey, he was Miles, wife was Gwen.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh yeah. We saw that in theatres, and have probably watched it 7 or 8 times since (something kids do anyways) Some kid movies they watch over and over you get so sick of as a parent. It’s the most tolerable movie to rewatch over and over with him, I don’t really mind. It’s one of my favorite marvel movies, can’t wait for the sequel.

We also dressed as this for Halloween. I was sweatpants spidey, he was Miles, wife was Gwen.
Please tell me you black faced him

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I was at Target yesterday and saw the movie was "On Sale" from $20 to $15 and was tempted but then I thought hmmmmm. With popular DVDs, is $15 generally as low as they'll ever go or should I wait a few months still for another price reduction? I have Endgame on my desktop (Arrrr, matey! Get me?) so I can be quite patient with the purchase.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was at Target yesterday and saw the movie was "On Sale" from $20 to $15 and was tempted but then I thought hmmmmm. With popular DVDs, is $15 generally as low as they'll ever go or should I wait a few months still for another price reduction? I have Endgame on my desktop (Arrrr, matey! Get me?) so I can be quite patient with the purchase.

I haven’t bought a physical copy of a movie in years but what I’ve seen on the digital side is that Disney shit very, very rarely goes on sale and if it does it’s usually $5 off. Might be different with physical media.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
$15 for the 4K? Or regular bluray? The former, that's cheap af. The latter... meh. I stopped buying physical media once digital became more or less reliable, with the same quality. If I lived where there wasn't gig internet, I'd reconsider.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
$15 for the 4K? Or regular bluray? The former, that's cheap af. The latter... meh. I stopped buying physical media once digital became more or less reliable, with the same quality. If I lived where there wasn't gig internet, I'd reconsider.
$15 for the DVD, $20 for the BluRay.

The only physical copies of movies I get are the ones I actually want to pop in and watch on my big screen (i.e. my humble 58 inch).

So is this the "guess I better buy it cuz it ain't getting cheaper" price or nah?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
$15 for the DVD, $20 for the BluRay.

The only physical copies of movies I get are the ones I actually want to pop in and watch on my big screen (i.e. my humble 58 inch).

So is this the "guess I better buy it cuz it ain't getting cheaper" price or nah?
i havent bought new release bluray in close to ten years. dvd much longer. i buy from the clearance bin or used from thrift store/flea market. no film is worth it to me to pay full retail anymore.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
DVD.... People still use those.

You'll be able to get the bluray/DVD combo for $15 eventually. The 4K HDR tend to stay above $25 and generally also come with a copy of the regular bluray.

I've gotten single disc copies of some Marvel bluray-only for $10. Just DVD you can expect it to be $7.99 or $5 soon enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user