Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
So I bought the BG2 enhanced edition against my better judgement, and it seems just as fucking buggy and low quality as the first one was. Been out of Irenicus dungeon for 20 minutes and the first piece of new content I did is completely broken (Hexxat's Tomb, I got the rod off the ghost, stick it into the slot near the door, but no new entrance opens up and no new enemies appear, so I can't do shit).

Really pissed off, although mostly at myself for making the impulse purchase after how shitty the first one was.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Part of the game for me is debugging quests in NearInfinity. No idea if that's possible in the BGEE.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I might actually play that. I couldn't get through IWD the one time I attempted to play it but loved BG.

IWD was never as popular as the BGs but I really enjoyed it for a couple of reasons:

1.) It was actually hard. Lots of monster variety from level one, and swarms of them. I think I've died more in the first areas of IWD then I did in all of BG1 and BG2 combined.

2.) Semi randomized loot. You couldn't build a character around certain over powered items like you could in BG because you might never see them. It also made the really nice items seem special when you did get them in a play through.

3.) Having total control of your parties makeup and each characters weapon proficiencies. No more being stuck with crappy point distribution on a party member without having to use Shadowkeeper.

4.) More actual roleplay based on choices then the BG games offered. Different dialogue or quest options based on who was in your party. Having a Bard/Druid/whatever actually mattered from a questing perspective.

5.) The music. Just awesome.

6.) Bards and Druids were implemented much better then they were in the BGs.

The thing I am looking forward to the most is probably the fact that the kits from BG2: EE will be implemented in IWD: EE. Here I come Skald/Barbarian/Beserker/Cleric of Auril party.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
20bucks only? Wasn't BG:EE like 50 at first? Sounds great, even though I'm not sure when I'll find the time to play this, will be a good filler. No release date though so who knows.

20bucks only? Wasn't BG:EE like 50 at first? Sounds great, even though I'm not sure when I'll find the time to play this, will be a good filler. No release date though so who knows.
Their release date is TBA, but they are already in beta, and the announcement said hopefully within a month of release. The announcement was made on the 2nd or something like that. Beamdog did the same thing with their BG:ee announcement and it came out four and a half weeks later.

BG:EE was 20$, BG2:ee was 26$ for some reason.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I loved the IWD games and am very excited for this. Lots more combat and excitement than the BG games for sure, even if the story is more on the light side. Playing through all these EE's has been some of the most fun gaming I've had in the past year or so. Very excited that they're being successful enough to continue on with the updates.

I played through BG:EE, The Black Pits, and am currently maybe 15% of the way though BG2:EE and haven't run into any bugs. Pretty sure that even if you do, most of the save game editors should work? Anyway, will definitely be getting Icewind Dale as well.

Doing a 6 character game again, using following party:

- Half Orc Fighter - grand mastery long sword / shield
- Half Orc Fighter - grand mastery 2-hand sword
- Elf Archer - grand mastery longbow
- Halfling Cleric/Thief
- Half-Elf Cleric/Mage
- Half-Elf Cleric/Mage

The top 3 rape everything and the bottom 3 just heal, dispel, and summon a shitload of pets.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's fun replaying these games solo if you didn't the first time around. Though, running into a caster with maze is
frown.png

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Better than you might think, but not as good as you might hope.

I wouldn't play it on the iPad unless you have an A6 (retina) or A7 (air) processor. My cousin had one of the old iPads and BG1 chugged hard on it and crashed quite a bit.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I am still rocking the Ipad 2. No reason to buy anything else since it does the job just fine. Oh well, i can wait.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Hopefully they'll continue the Black Pits. Last one was buggy as all hell at the end, but really fun. Especially the dialogue in the last 30 minutes or so. Sending the team out to bring back a Tarrasque for you to fight was pretty funny. Then it all ended on a cliffhanger.