Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Awesome, thanks for the heads up I would of missed it. No time to play it right now but grabbed it.

monnoh

Golden Squire
I impulse-bought BG2:EE last week, nostalgia aside it's still one hell of a game. Looking forward to Pillars of Eternity.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Have they patched out most of the major bugs yet? the BG2 EE was even buggier than the first one (literally encountered a bug which broke the quest for one of the new NPC's within half an hour of leaving Irenicus' dungeon - at least in the first game the quest didn't break till the very end).

monnoh

Golden Squire
No idea if the Hexxat thing is fixed, I didn't use her in my playthrough. Apparently there's a new patch (1.3) in the works, but the only major problems I encountered were a couple CTDs.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I'm confused, there's already a BGIIEE on Steam for $25. It's been out for a year.
If You Bought Your Game Through Steam (Windows, Mac, and Linux)
You can access the latest Beta build using the following code: IWantToTestBGII

1. In the Steam client, open the Library tab
2. Right-click on "Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition"
3. Select "Properties"
4. Select the "Beta" tab
5. Enter "IWantToTestBGII" in the field provided, then click Check Code
6. Select "updatetesting" from the drop-down
7. Close the Properties window, wait for the game to download the update, and enjoy the beta!
Reading. How does it work?
smile.png

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Oh wow, I was thinking about picking up the trifecta of enhanced editions this xmas. Guess BG 2 is out.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
So I was talking to my nephew yesterday and telling him how crappy games seem now compared to my youth, blah blah blah. Anyway, in the course of trying to get him to play these games I have given myself the itch to play them again. Now the question becomes Android or PC..... hmm. PC is always a better experience, but playing on the toilet or in my recliner seems like a glorious way to rpg.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just started playing BG 1 again. I forgot how fucking OP mages were in this game, they can CC your entire party until you explode.

So I was talking to my nephew yesterday and telling him how crappy games seem now compared to my youth, blah blah blah. Anyway, in the course of trying to get him to play these games I have given myself the itch to play them again. Now the question becomes Android or PC..... hmm. PC is always a better experience, but playing on the toilet or in my recliner seems like a glorious way to rpg.
Play bg2 and IWD on your pc. Play BG1 on your mobile. BG1 plays well on my phone and tablet, 2 really chugs on them.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Mother of god I forgot how good this series is. I haven't even got to BG2 yet because I keep rerolling. I kind of hate playing on the tablet though, no tab key to highlight things and the controls are super wonky. It is convenient though.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Everytime I go back to this game I'm amazed at how much time I have to spend managing inventory. Game would be so much better if there was an easy way to loot items directly to a bag of holding.