wink.png

rrr_img_100850.png

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
If the following snapshot is true, the negative feedback wasn't appreciated
wink.png

rrr_img_100850.png
Lawl.

Yeah, thousands and thousands confirming the same issues on Reddit AND Neogaf. Maybe you aren't having any issues Column, but not all PCs are equal. Shoddy ports cause these issues - Shadows of Mordor on PC was the same thing (and I loved that game).

Column_sl

shitlord
So official statement from the Studio is

"We're aware that some users are reporting performance issues with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight," it reads. "This is something that Rocksteady takes very seriously. We are working closely with our external PC development partner to make sure these issues get resolved as quickly as possible. We'll update this thread when we've got more info to share."
They won't go into the specifics of what those problems are.

Well I guess I'm thankful I'm having no issues, and playing on a 2 year old computer. I can buy all the stuttering, and memory leaks, but how come 5 of us in this thread are able to play over 30 fps if there is a cap?

Only played 10 or so minutes, no problems w/ new driver and 980ti noticed. capped FPS (59) w/out gameworks, 50 or so w/ gameworks stuff all turned on, 1440p. Will get some more time in tomorrow night.
Can't say for the story so far since I haven't played much but for performance I'm getting less than column but I don't have a titan either. Never dipped below 50 for me on i5-4690k, gtx 970 and 16 GB ram.
Mine doesn't seem to be at 30, ran the benchmark test and never dipped below 55 w/ V Sync 50 minimum.
Looks like it was just the initial batmobile stuff that was causing problems. It was also raining and I had turned on the Gameworks rain stuff, so maybe that had something to do with it? I've had the newest Nvidia driver (June 22) installed the whole time.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Getting 50 fps on a radeon 280, drops to about 40 if I turn on high level of detail (had to edit the .ini to change from max of 30 and I also fixed the stupid startup videos too). Few slight stutters here and there, no worse than the witcher. Updated to windows 8.1 to run newest drivers, but it actually ran fine on the older 14.4 catalyst too. No memory leak Ive noticed, had it running from this morning even in the background while I did other things and came back to it and it was fine.

Game is fun so far, one batmobile challenge course of the riddler was especially awesome. The main story seems a bit 'meh', hope it picks up later.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The only thing I can think that my machine would defer from others is I'm running win 10. Other than that my system is nothing special and have had zero issues.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Before I rustle up any more jimmies by spoiling that Talia is the Arkham Knight, I should point out that I didn't buy the game and have no idea who the Arkham Knight is.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Why are you quoting that when we have 5 people in this thread playing it, and saying that is false.

I swear some shit just goes viral, and it's like hive mind " I read it on the internet so it must be true"

No clue on the memory leak thing, It's not happening on my system, but I'm still using windows 7 so it might be something with the newer OS.
And on the same token because you are not having any issues along with 5 others here on the forums means the other thousands reporting it on multiple forums and a dedicated distribution site are all full of shit. :trainwreck:

Glad the game works well for you and you are having fun throwing a grappling hook from a Batmobile. (Seriously I mean that) But quit discounting the other thousands of complaints as he said she said when they are now investigating it. We should all be used to it by now anyway, and yes, Warner Brothers sucks as a publisher.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It's not just reddit, it's all over the internet. NeoGaf has a 71 page thread going on the issues.

Batman: Arkham Knight for PC is seriously broken, say AMD and Nvidia users | Ars Technica UK
Holy shit this part is SHADY AS FUCK.

Hours before the release of Arkham Knight, Rocksteady updated the game's minimum system requirements, noting that "there are some known issues with the performance of Batman: Arkham Knight for PC owners using AMD graphics cards,"
Wow. Just wow.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't noticed much problem on my end, but it looks like there's a plethora of actual problems that all could tie into performance issues:

• PC port was handled by the same 3rd party that did the Origins port, which was... not good at release. There's also a rumor they were given very, very little time with the game to build it out
  • The pre-load on Steam was corrupted for tons of people after unpacking. There's a thread of people checking the integrity and it essentially re-downloads the game (~30-35 GB download to fix the integrity). Some people had significant improvement after the re-download, others it had no effect
  • There's the same DRM as was on DA:I apparently, which can have significant drawbacks as far as performance goes. But the DRM isn't mentioned or listed anywhere officially, it's just what a pirate group said is in the game and why it wasn't leaked yet (as of sometime this morning)
  • Some people are probably legitimately trying to run higher than they should for their specs, but it's impossible to tell the percentage for that.
  • A lot more video options can be set in the INI file than in-game and some people have had good results tweaking it

The game itself is fun (I've played 3 hours so far) and I'm running on like.... a 760TI I think? I noticed stutter but I was pushing the settings a bit too. When I get home I'll probably do the file validation and play with the INI some, and if a patch comes out to remove the DRM (if it exists) I'll try to apply that as well. The game looks nice but no reason I shouldn't be able to run it higher than low.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have enough on my backlog that I'll probably just wait a month or so for them to fix these issues

Column_sl

shitlord
And on the same token because you are not having any issues along with 5 others here on the forums means the other thousands reporting it on multiple forums and a dedicated distribution site are all full of shit. :trainwreck:

Glad the game works well for you and you are having fun throwing a grappling hook from a Batmobile. (Seriously I mean that) But quit discounting the other thousands of complaints as he said she said when they are now investigating it. We should all be used to it by now anyway, and yes, Warner Brothers sucks as a publisher.
Uhh, can you read. I discounted the having to edit the .ini file to reach over 30 fps based on mine, and five others reaching higher then that on the PC. I clearly said that the other stuff could be caused by a wide array of issues even tho people that are streaming it, and the people on these boards were not having any issues.

Stop trolling bro, it doesn't smell good on you. But good look on that lawsuit, lmao.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I have a 970, did nothing to my ini's, and I was getting 60ish with mostly maxed settings and Nvidia Gameworks on. The only time I took huge frame hits (and I mean HUGE 2-3 second freezes) was anything involving the batmobile unless I was stationary or after I got to the riddler's first puzzle. PC Gamer had some fixes listed that I'm going to try when I get home.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Uhh, can you read. I discounted the having to edit the .ini file to reach over 30 fps based on mine, and five others reaching higher then that on the PC. I clearly said that the other stuff could be caused by a wide array of issues even tho people that are streaming it, and the people on these boards were not having any issues.

Stop trolling bro, it doesn't smell good on you. But good look on that lawsuit, lmao.
You can always have Warner Brothers Marketing executives posting as regular gamers on other forums trying to shout down the complaints! Oh wait...

Column_sl

shitlord
You? as I can direct the actions of Warner Bros Marketing? I know I'm a god, but hot damn.

I have no clue what that has to do with editing the .ini file to get over 30fps cap anyway. Oh wait it's UT posting...

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I totally see a lawsuit. When a company goes in and changes minimum recommended PC spec 2 hours before the game unlocks in Steam because they cannot get it to work correctly with rec-spec AMD cards?

If people do not get a refund, which I am sure many are currently, there will be a class action. There always is. You should check out the historical class actions. Sounds like there are PLENTY that you do not know about. But that is why I hate class actions. No one ever knows about them, and no one sees anything out of them. Usually the company feels no pain whatsoever when they give away that $4.99 map via DLC as the "agreement", which some monkey being fed a footlong Sub and a diet coke made in an hour.