Batman: Arkham Knight

Column_sl

shitlord
I totally see a lawsuit. When a company goes in and changes minimum recommended PC spec 2 hours before the game unlocks in Steam because they cannot get it to work correctly with rec-spec AMD cards?

If people do not get a refund, which I am sure many are currently, there will be a class action. There always is. You should check out the historical class actions. Sounds like there are PLENTY that you do not know about. But that is why I hate class actions. No one ever knows about them, and no one sees anything out of them. Usually the company feels no pain whatsoever when they give away that $4.99 map via DLC as the "agreement", which some monkey being fed a footlong Sub and a diet coke made in an hour.
rrr_img_100877.jpg

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I would like to formally request Column be sent to the Rickshaw again for posting real life photos!

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Are the people in this thread with bad stuttering using SSDs? A lot of the stuttering issues sound like the same I had with some games before I upgraded to an SSD, and I gave one of my friends a spare SSD and it fixed a lot of his problems.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I totally see a lawsuit. When a company goes in and changes minimum recommended PC spec 2 hours before the game unlocks in Steam because they cannot get it to work correctly with rec-spec AMD cards?

If people do not get a refund, which I am sure many are currently, there will be a class action. There always is. You should check out the historical class actions. Sounds like there are PLENTY that you do not know about. But that is why I hate class actions. No one ever knows about them, and no one sees anything out of them. Usually the company feels no pain whatsoever when they give away that $4.99 map via DLC as the "agreement", which some monkey being fed a footlong Sub and a diet coke made in an hour.
There won't be a lawsuit because I don't see Steam denying any refunds.

Column_sl

shitlord
Are the people in this thread with bad stuttering using SSDs? A lot of the stuttering issues sound like the same I had with some games before I upgraded to an SSD, and I gave one of my friends a spare SSD and it fixed a lot of his problems.
I have a SSD, and confirm no suttering so far. That would be really evil tho if they made people get SSD's just to play this game lol

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
A bunch of Diablo3's frame issues are solved via SSD as well. Though I don't see why this game would have the same problems D3 faces to run much better off SSD.

Nester

Vyemm Raider

Cant you get a refund on any steam game you have not already played for 3 hours?

Class action? LOL

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if one gets filed, but it will more than likely be denied, ESPECIALLY if they actually patch the game to better mesh with their initial requirements. The problem right now is shitty optimization which could be caused by one of like 6 or 7 factors, some of which may not even be in their hands.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
4LgJ6ve.jpg

Is this the complaint? Shit isn't installing a 30 GB patch it is unlocking. The downloading part on the right now says unpacking.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Im really enjoying it, feel sorry for all you guys who have problems because it's actually quite fun to play (still get stutters which are slightly annoying though).

Reading the neogaf thread, apparently the port is so bad for some people it has them thinking that WB put out a 2012 build by accident, thats pretty bad lol. Hope the issues get fixed soon as there is actually a decent game underneath it all.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Seems like the people not complaining as much tend to have Nvidia 900's of some sort. That's a pretty high requirement.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And we thought Arkham: Origins was bad. Shit was a masterpiece in terms of video stability compared to this.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Playing it on a 980m, but man there are issues if I try to enable any of the NVIDIA special features, like semi-transparent Batman, or blurry artifacts on the screen. Or weird textures popping up. Had to disable that shit right off.

I guess I could move stuff around to put it on the SSD but I haven't really had a ton of stutter.

The game itself is pretty awesome though.

Column_sl

shitlord
I wonder what the percentage is based off, is it the story mode, or everything in the game.

Feels like I've been playing this for abit, and I'm just cracking 15%. So far another Rocksteady Classic.

I wonder why the art direction changed tho, they went from more surrealistic designs from the first 2, to more realistic in the 3rd. Not that I mind, because everything still looks cool as fuck.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Just played for three hours straight on a 970, the framerate issue is very minor for me and only while using the bat mobile which is a fun addition, I really like the riddler tracks.

spronk

FPS noob
Apparently the team that ported the PC version had 6 weeks and only 12 people, so they just slashed features until it kinda worked. There is no ambient occlusion and people are finding missing textures all the time. For now, if you have the choice between a console and PC you should play the console version

face rain textures missing on PC:
Md7V0YZ.png

neck/shirt left side/face (AO missing on PC):
Zkzb.jpg

Personally I don't really notice these kinda things after 15 mins but I'd be annoyed if I bought the PC version. Makes me also wonder how Fallout 4 is gonna turn out.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Fucking christ. I noticed that texture streaming was definitely bad, even on an SSD, but fuck them for making the port this shitty.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly it's pretty impressive it runs at all if 12 people had 6 weeks to port it. I would wager that's WB fault if anyone wants to point fingers though.