Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
They have to hurry and beat Marvel to the punch with Thanos. Thanos was meant to be a ripoff of Darkseid, wiki it. Now Darkseid rips off Thanos, instead of worshipping death, he's trying to find the anti-life equation. So both Marvel and DC are trying to rip each other off.
Sad thing is Darkseid is so much better as a character than Thanos ever was. They are going to dumb him down to the level of that first new 52 justice league arc. Anti Life is about control, its about subjugation of will. He wants to BREAK the universe and bend it to his will. If Thanos had hair it would be in a shitty emo haircut and he would cut himself and cry. Darkseid is control, Darkseid is about the aspect of Evil.

DARKSEID IS!

rrr_img_124317.jpg

Caliane

Close.
Darkseid god of Tyranny.
the key aspect of the Anti-life equation is its already true. he doesn't want to break the universe. he already owns it. Your free will is a lie. Every minute you deny him, is rebellion from the true nature of the universe. Anti-life is metaphysical mathematical proof, Darkseid is.

this is where Speedforce comes in. Speedforce is an element from OUTSIDE the multiverse. It is "change", and the will of the reader to deny that truth.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Who is that? I don't follow DC (or really any comics for the past decade or two) so have no idea.

And if they did cast her, you know they'd just cast Gwendoline Christie and call it done.

Sad thing is Darkseid is so much better as a character than Thanos ever was. They are going to dumb him down to the level of that first new 52 justice league arc. Anti Life is about control, its about subjugation of will. He wants to BREAK the universe and bend it to his will. If Thanos had hair it would be in a shitty emo haircut and he would cut himself and cry. Darkseid is control, Darkseid is about the aspect of Evil.

DARKSEID IS!

rrr_img_124317.jpg
This is just begging for a Screamfeeder shoop.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Big Barda and Mister Miracle(Scott Free). Same section of DC as Apokolips and Darkseid, Barda was actually kidnapped and raised on Apokolips in a nightmarish orphanage. Scott is the son of the Highfather who was part of an heir exchange with Darkseid, Scott was raised on Apokolips and Orion was raised on New Genesis to prevent war from breaking out between Apokolips and New Genesis.

Big Barda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Who is that? I don't follow DC (or really any comics for the past decade or two) so have no idea.
???

The New Gods have been around for almost 50 years now. Any other post in here that is Pro-Superman from you is now invalid. You obviously haven't read enough comics to form an opinion.

Noob.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
???

The New Gods have been around for almost 50 years now. Any other post in here that is Pro-Superman from you is now invalid. You obviously haven't read enough comics to form an opinion.

Noob.
Well, Lyrical has spoken, so I guess that puts me in my place.

I've pretty clearly stated in the past that I didn't follow DC much at all when I was reading comics, I was 85% Marvel, 10% Image/Valiant/etc. and 5% DC pretty much. I've heard of Big Barda, but aside from a vague memory of old Jack Kirby art, (if I'm supposed to recognize her from the first pic, gee, you sure got me tough guy!), I never read much of anything with her in it.

Except for some very early and very random issues of most of the big names in DC when I was in elementary school, when I read DC it was mostly in the decade or so surrounding the Death of Superman and the Breaking of the Bat. If Big Barda was a huge part of that time period, well then slap my ass and call me Sally because I'm just a big noob. Otherwise, how the fuck would I be familiar with her?

You're actually lucky I haven't read much since then, because it is my understanding that after that is when Batman got really fucking ridiculous. Thankfully some of my final memories of Batman are when Azrael took over for him. God, that was such a relief!

Thanks for the info Gavin.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
I would have no fucking clue who Big Barda was if it wasn't for the Justice League cartoon
Some good Big Barda trivia, Lannie Kazan probably most famous for big fat Greek wedding and Zohan was the original model who inspired Kirby to draw her that way, granted she's in her mid 70's now but the mid 60's playboy spread must have really inspired Kirby.

Poor New Gods, DC's never known what to do with them other than Darkseid.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Some good Big Barda trivia, Lannie Kazan probably most famous for big fat Greek wedding and Zohan was the original model who inspired Kirby to draw her that way, granted she's in her mid 70's now but the mid 60's playboy spread must have really inspired Kirby.

Poor New Gods, DC's never known what to do with them other than Darkseid.
John Byrne, Jack Kirby, and Grant Morrison seemed to have a great grasp on the New Gods.The fuckery was with them pre-final crisis. Morrison explicitly asked for them to not be touched. Then they ran an entire series fucking with them. The problem with the New Gods is that are super metaphysical and you have to have an above average writer to even begin to sniff the high concept of it. Plus its super duper hard to make space jesus and space satan really interesting. Thats why you get the fucking glory boat:

AC280b.jpg

The Glory boat is rad as hell

Karloff_sl

shitlord
John Byrne, Jack Kirby, and Grant Morrison seemed to have a great grasp on the New Gods.The fuckery was with them pre-final crisis. Morrison explicitly asked for them to not be touched. Then they ran an entire series fucking with them. The problem with the New Gods is that are super metaphysical and you have to have an above average writer to even begin to sniff the high concept of it. Plus its super duper hard to make space jesus and space satan really interesting. Thats why you get the fucking glory boat:

AC280b.jpg

The Glory boat is rad as hell
Heh I forgot about that, one of the first comic stuff I really read back in the late 70's was Kirby's New Gods when he came back to DC, they had the 3 series that ran about a year or two, then Kirby went back to Marvel. I would have loved a more modern take out of the general DC continuity but other than a few stories here and there, not much. I gave up after final crisis debacle. I just pull out the hardcover New Gods and re-read them every so often.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
For fan of Batman and/or Hot Toys.

Life size armored Batman from the movie.

rrr_img_125277.jpg

Oh yeah, it's just $7,999.99
smile.png

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I hear lyrical just paid off another backhoe and is once again in the market for a large tool.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
All that armor and you just shoot lazer vision into the giant mouth hole.
I don't know what you could possibly make the armor out of that it would resist the laser vision anyway. In MoS it burned right through basically anything.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also super can punch through buildings so pretty much no armor is gonna help unless kryptonite