Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
As someone who never got into comics, why does batman fight superman in the first place? Seems stupid.
Usually mind control. But Dark Knight Returns it was because Superman became a Government stooge and Batman was doing anti establishment Batman things. Then Raegan put out the order to get rid of em.

Caliane

As someone who never got into comics, why does batman fight superman in the first place? Seems stupid.
Shitty writers. Same mentality that gives us Nintendo vs Sega, or sony, etc. or DC vs marvel.
Fanboys of the last generation are now the writers. and bringing their fanfics into production.
Also manifests into shitty meme's, like Hank pym slap, etc. For the life of me, I have no idea why these idiots think its a funny to beat a dead horse.
so what might have been a single cool moment in a non canon story with The Dark Knight returns, gets repeated over, and over and over again, generally with the new writers not even understanding the original context.

the linked comic. sigh. its a bit of a mismatch.
on one hand, really fucking stupid. as stated, Batman beating superman at all. The entire comic is Batman pulling ridiculous shit out of his ass. Beating WW with a magic lasso pulled directly out of his ass, mini red sun armor? lol. Its like a 12yr old. "Lazer eyes!" nuh ah" Batman has lazer shields to block it!" super speed. "nuh ah" Batman has magentic gravity fields to slow superman down!"
It feels really childish in this context. Imagine a Nolan batman or Arkham Batman doing that shit.

You wouldn't really blink at a Brave and the bold Batman doing it though. or Batman 66'. or, Look at Thunderworld which just came out. Not Batman, but The Marvel Family.
"Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sivanaday?" Adding an 8th day to the week, to beat Captain Marvel. campy as HELL. Glorious.
So, I can appreciate the silverage absurdity. But it feels out of place in a modern batman comic.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of that, I just watched the DC villain documentary, Necessary Evil. For being just a bunch of people commenting on shit for the most part, and not having much invested in DC personally, it was pretty interesting. I believe they showed that part you guys are talking about too.