Battlefield Hardline

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Yeah said that years ago when they came out with that bullshit "game is too complicated for mods" bullshit. What they really meant EA wants to fuck us all in the ass using fiberglass for lube.

Anyone who buys this piece of shit is a moron and only further degrades PC gaming.
but... but.. this will have heist before GTA 5, I has to buy.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Isn't this a different studio?

Layout is different (on ps4), and the controls also default to the ps3/bf3 settings. (which I preferred and swapped to for bf4 anyway)

I doubt I'll pick this up once it's live unless I completely max out everything on bf4 and I'm not even rank 80 there yet.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Looks cool but I doubt I pay 60 for it. BF4 + premium should take care of my shooter fix for some time. To echo others, looks like it should've been a DLC, even if it was a 20-30 dollar one.

spronk

FPS noob
Beta is running this week on all platforms. For PC, you can preload the beta right now by running Origin, clicking on Hardline, and then clicking on Preload the beta right now on the left side of the product page (you do NOT need to preorder). The beta will be open sometime tomorrow for the rest of the week. Dunno if its whole game or just MP part, I'd expect the latter.
Battlefield Hardline Digital Deluxe for PC Download | Origin Games

For PS4/xbox one/etc the preload should open up sometime tomorrow I think and be available to play soon after. If you are thinking of buying the game I definitely recommend trying the beta since its 99% going to be the same at launch.

The last beta left me very meh had no plans on buying, but given Best Buys $10 preorder bonus for consoles I may preorder on PS4 if I like it and trade it in after SP campaign and a week or so, should net $45 or so credit after paying $35 for it. Can rebuy in the fall on PC when it'll be $10-20.

spronk

FPS noob
xbox one beta is up in the xbox store too just search for hardline, its taking like hours to install but is playable. PS4 version should be up tomorrow

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is better than the alpha was, for sure. Hotwire is pretty fun.

If it was coming out like tomorrow I might consider buying it... maybe... not really but maybe. But coming out so close to GTA5... no thanks.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Enjoying it so far after the usual teething problems adjusting to a new BF. Might just be the novelty of new maps, modes and weapons, so it remains to be seen how much longevity it has.

The UI feels a lot clunkier though. Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to buy stuff during round changes, so you have to wait until game time to do it. Not to bad at the start of a round during the count down, but shitty if you're giving up actual play time to do it, leaving your side a man down.
Changing squads seems similar, in that you can't do it even while dead, the icon is locked out, and have to wait until you respawn to do it.

Those are minor annoyances though, and if the gameplay is still fun then it won't matter. weapon / class / side balance probably isn't even worth worrying about since it's never right and will just end up being a merry go round of rebalancing like most of the BF games go through.

Still, it might be the first BF game, baring a couple of the side ones, that I don't buy on release and instead wait for a good sale or something. That has more to do with not really having spare time or money for it, but does indicate it's not as riveting as the others have been for me. We'll see how hooked I get during the beta though...

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This would have to be a damn good sale for me to even consider buying it. And even then, only if I heard good things about the single player.

spronk

FPS noob
heist and hotwire are really really fun, the game is visually disappointing on consoles with a lot of really flat textures and jaggies and I guess its not running at 1080p 60 fps on either system. I thought the PC version was really, really good looking and smooth. Definitely worth a pickup in the $20 range, at a full $60 though i'm kinda ehhhhh.... it is essentially still a mishmash of BF4 and Payday. Fun stuff though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I heard something about the single player being made by parts of the deadspace team? or something like that. So maybe the single player is decent... but still not 60 dollars decent.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That's not what we're arguing. It has single and multiplayer. The multiplayer is the main draw. But the multiplayer isn't worth 60 dollars, it's barely worth 20 dollars. The single player would have to be a significant added value for this game to even be worth 25-30 dollars, certainly not 60.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
That's not what we're arguing. It has single and multiplayer. The multiplayer is the main draw. But the multiplayer isn't worth 60 dollars, it's barely worth 20 dollars. The single player would have to be a significant added value for this game to even be worth 25-30 dollars, certainly not 60.
Now we know why they disabled mods. This is a mod at best. Now they can mod in their own and resell it at 60 bucks.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hotwire and Heist pretty fun. I like it. Hotwire could be worth the purchase for me, imo. Great if you love a Halo Warthog/Twisted Metal/MarioKart mashup.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I was on the top of the leade rboard every match just buy driving around in the armored truck and running people over. That thing was broken as all hell in Alpha, If I needed to get out to kill someone hiding, pop out and continue my twisted metal rampage.

This game is NOT worth $1, the 2 reasons are this: EA & DICE.

Wiki quote - On July 22, 2014, DICE announced that they would delay Battlefield Hardline from October 21 2014 to "March 17 2015". The reason for the delay was to implement the feedback given during the public beta.

If DICE thinks it's not good enough to launch and delay the final product, it's REALLLY BAD. Like Hitler calling someone a murderer kind of bad. Even though this is pretty much just a mod on top of BF4, it will have BF$ problems at launch. BF4 is barely recovered over what the Swedish DICE team did to it. It was just straight up fucked for a year, be it the new system releases, DICE shitting in their own mouths, PS3/360 still existing. EA pushed BF4/DICE to be on sale while not finished to compete with CoD#162 that was out on some weekend in November.

As you can see, I might seem sour about this a little bit but even thinking about this brought a little rage in my eye yet again. Hardline MIGHT be good in about two years when it's $8 used, I wouldn't buy this game for a blind kid.

spronk

FPS noob
DICE doesn't have much to do with BF:H just providing the frostbite engine and presumably some technical support, the game (both SP & MP) is being developed by Visceral Studios the guys who did Dead Space. I don't understand your rant either, they did an alpha/beta last year, it sucked, so they delayed the game six months.

I still agree the game isn't really worth $60, it can be kinda fun but Conquest is better done in BF4, heist/hotwire are fun but after 10-20 hours I think most people will be burned out. BF4 + Titanfall are just a better combo to play, and you can buy em both on sale for 1/2 the price of this. That said, its an ok game and if all you play is MP FPS then its probably a good buy.

re: rolling around in a van during heist, the chopper is actually the most OP item on that map BUT you need someone who has hit the upgrade level for guns/ammo piercing cannon and who can fly. If one side has a OP choppa pilot with perks and the other side doesn't, its going to be a lopsided game. The chopper just shreds everything.