Battlefield V

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I agree, but if you've played 4 or 1 it's aids if you don't have at least one other known player in your squad.
Id say yes and no. In 4 you could still 1 man rambo and rack up massive scores in a vehicle or certain maps and infantry playstyles. <i loved playing sneaky snake prone with c4 blowing tanks>

These newer games with very small or chokepointy maps are just massive meat grinders. Ya a squad will effect change but you are getting wipes and respawns more often despite tight play.

Right now any tard can get 2-3 rounds on target for a kill vs b4 and especially earlier bfs, you were losing 1v1s if you were not on point with your gun skills.

Almost like they want to stamp out better than average players carrying games and trying to force most into the same mediocre homogenous gameplay. Wouldnt suprise me with all the FEELINGS questions in the survey. Dont want your 60% of shitty gamers to not feel safe from uber mensch good players.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The desperation in their emails is hilarious, I've maybe got 5 or 6 last week reminding me that the beta was live.

PLEASE PLAY OUR GAME, PLEEAASEEEE!!! This is going to hurt so many developer feelings I'm thinking some might off themselves.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
The desperation in their emails is hilarious, I've maybe got 5 or 6 last week reminding me that the beta was live.

PLEASE PLAY OUR GAME, PLEEAASEEEE!!! This is going to hurt so many developer feelings I'm thinking some might off themselves.

Luckily I missed out on those fucking things. I remember some of those in years past.

Bloody hell.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah but someone has to teach little girls about the heroic sacrifices women could have been involved in if women were able to solve in ww2!

Big P, didn't you know? World War 2 was like a big party that evil men kept women from through horrible patriarchal oppression. The horrors of not letting them fight is a grievous crime.

When is the right moment to reveal the full horror of the patriarchy to your daughters?

“Having to then explain to her why all the pictures of women are of them in ball gowns or in formal dress looking quite wooden and all the pictures of men are of them rampaging around having a great time, being heroic and climbing mountains, shooting things, being soldiers. That is something I struggle with,” he said. “Now at some stage she’s going to learn that I lied to her and she’s going to find out that women weren’t allowed to do active frontline service so I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.”

Poor women had to go to dances, and dress up, and then sleep warm beds. The HORROR. Meanwhile men got to go be heroic and have their intestines blown out of their asshole by artillery, a great time!

Can't you see the oppression you misogynist? The HATE that came with keeping someone safe while you died to ensure that safety? Fucking men, how terrible.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
I didnt get caught up on all the drama but beta testing last weekend enjoyed it. Squad play is more important now, game isnt as fast pace twitchy, and the frostbite engine environment is a blast to fight in.... The players I hang with that log in thousands of BF hours a game thought it was promising as well.

• 1WTF
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I didnt get caught up on all the drama but beta testing last weekend enjoyed it. Squad play is more important now, game isnt as fast pace twitchy, and the frostbite engine environment is a blast to fight in.... The players I hang with that log in thousands of BF hours a game thought it was promising as well.

Taking all the politics aside. I don't see how you can say this. Between bf5 facebook comments on ads, what I saw comments in game, here, etc. Most people said it felt wrong. Granted half of that is various bugs which if magically are gone by release could make a big difference. But it's still very meat grindery with very shallow kit/gear choices with added superman (compared to previous BF) movement.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What the fuck happened to the FPS landscape?

COD franchise is obviously tired, as is Battlefield, but its crazy how games like DOOM or other 2nd tier shooters (not based around online play, or a AAA title) are getting good reviews and fans are buying, but the big ticket titles coming from EA and Activision have been stale the last few cycles. Overwatch is OK, and maybe that type of squad based Team Fortress type shit FPS is what will be popular for the foreseeable future, but you would have figured that the Battlefield franchise would progress through every iteration, providing the satisfaction the fanbase is looking for as well as generating profits.

I cant honestly say when the last time that happened. It wasnt Battlefield 4. It wasnt Battlefield WW1. The COD franchise has been stuck in mud since Black Ops 2. Black Ops 3, Advanced Warfare etc were all garbage.

Its strange how certain genres evolve and devolve. I remember when FPS games were peerless, there were the juggernauts like Counter Strike and Modern Warfare, the earlier Battlefields, etc, but there were also other great fucking games, Like Rainbow Six, SWAT 4 and many others. Over time they added dynamic textures, better game engine physics, improved visuals, more itemization options, increased player communication capability, improved netcode.

Now its just the same fucking shit repackaged and resold with new maps and a slightly different gun line-up and accessories. Its a shame. Maybe it just plateaued?

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
What the fuck happened to the FPS landscape?

Same thing that happened to the RTS one, and the MMO one?

The games industry seems to employ 99% idiots in the important places, maybe because noone that isn't involved in gaming seems to take it serious.

Genres and individual games both suffer from this, a lot. Mount & Blade bannerlord has been in dev time for 6? years, and still doesn't have an ETA. How the fuck is that even possible? You can't expect people to wait 10 years for a sequel.

Where is half-life 3? Were they afraid it wouldn't sell? Were they unable to write the story for it?

I can't imagine the lost income on that, and valve has the money to recruit whoever they want. Apparently they just recruited idiots and Gabe got rich enough not to give a fuck.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Taking all the politics aside. I don't see how you can say this. Between bf5 facebook comments on ads, what I saw comments in game, here, etc. Most people said it felt wrong. Granted half of that is various bugs which if magically are gone by release could make a big difference. But it's still very meat grindery with very shallow kit/gear choices with added superman (compared to previous BF) movement.

I dont know, maybe there is a disconnect from social medial vocals and actual people who tested the game. Reddit BF5 seemed to flow towards the more favorable opinions as well.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I played the open beta, and felt the game was fun, but I agree that something has definitely gone awry with the modern FPS genre. Replayed some Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and had a god damn blast, didn't realize that almost 4 hours had gone by kind of thing. I don't know if it's level design, gun handling, perk variations, or what it is, but most of the older titles just feel better. BF3 is the same, can hop back into that, have a blast, but most of the newer stuff just doesn't have the same feel. I know with the majority of newer CoD games, map design, clutter, verticality, and a pervasive feeling of needing to have 4 hands and 3 sets of eyes to do well, pushed me away from the franchise. Battle Field I can't put my finger on what has changed, some of it is the way they do vehicle spawns, and diminishing immersion, but there is some core aspect of the games that doesn't feel right that I can't articulate. Destiny still has almost perfect gun/movement/ability play, but they've shit up so many of the other aspects of the game that I can't get into them more than as a passerby. Since BF3, my entire friend group hasn't been able to collaborate on an FPS for longer than a month, when we use to have multiple multi-hour online or LAN get-togethers per week. Some of that I can attribute to getting older, responsibilities etc, but when every single one of us has brought up the same general feeling of meh...

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think I'm going to spend the time I'd usually be playing FPS's this fall playing wow. FPS games are going full retard this year.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Just thought I'd drop this here. YongYea's been killing it lately as far as loot boxes reporing.

EA & Brad should get together. EA's love of money is like opioids. Brad's love of opioids knows no bounds.

Both can go down in flames together.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Video summary:

1) They plan to boost the starting ammo on some weapons
2) Supply stations being auto-available at all flags being nerfed, flags will have to be built (HQ is stationary)
3) They plan to make closer players easier to see, but might make more distant harder to see (distance haze is what they call it)
4) Letting you bleed out faster/faster respawn
5) TTK / Trying to fix packets so you don't get bunched up hits due to packets
6) Video shows some of the new tank classes. Light/Medium tanks will have faster turret speeds.
7) Vehicles will have gradual damage...so if you damage a turret, it moves slower vs. being worthless like in BF1. They're also working on planes.
8) quick glimpses of new maps, including Africa desert maps

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Making it harder to get ammo sounds like some dumb shit.

• 1Like