Battlefield V

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I haven't seen a lot of obvious cheaters in my game time, BUT the ones I have seen don't seem to get any ban. I saw one every week for a whole month who got reported non-stop by people and was super obvious with his hacks. But the subtle and graphical exploiters though are an issue.

Heard cheaters are a HUGE problem in the Asia/oceanic servers.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Alot of this could have been avoided had they allowed people to rent/admin servers.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Custom servers are one of the biggest things this game needs imo, for a lot of reasons besides even cheaters.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
People who cheat in multi player games are fucking shit stains. The number of games I've seen ruined by them is... Many.
Fuck you if you've ever been one of them. Especially you aimbot piece of shit devourers.
Although.. Cheating is historically accurate.
/flogsdeadhorsemore

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
I think the tank killer reinforcements are borderline overpowered atm. At least while no one knows how to deal with them.
Spawn one and sit it deep behind the line and use it's unlimited ammo to shell the fuck out of any capture point pretty much turns the match in your favour 90% of the time.

spronk

FPS noob
bf5 sold 7.3m copies to date, but still 1m copies less than they expected. crazy. it heavily impacted EA earnings, dropping revenue by over $200m from what they had estimated. Even with 7.3m copies sold though, a TON of those went out at 50% off
EA: Battlefield V Did Not Meet Sales Expectations

i wonder what APEX launch yesterday means for battlefield battle royale mode, internally they seemed to have yanked it from testing a few weeks ago across EA, might just have been to give APEX some final polish but could also mean they are delaying or quietly cancelling BR mode and letting APEX be the star for 2019

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
bf5 sold 7.3m copies to date, but still 1m copies less than they expected. crazy. it heavily impacted EA earnings, dropping revenue by over $200m from what they had estimated. Even with 7.3m copies sold though, a TON of those went out at 50% off
EA: Battlefield V Did Not Meet Sales Expectations

i wonder what APEX launch yesterday means for battlefield battle royale mode, internally they seemed to have yanked it from testing a few weeks ago across EA, might just have been to give APEX some final polish but could also mean they are delaying or quietly cancelling BR mode and letting APEX be the star for 2019

From all appearances looks like Apex would be a better option anyway for a BR game.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
How does 1m copies of a game = $200m in revenues...

Many of the copies sold were sold at a very heavy discount. So the delta is a lack of overall copies sold and the reduced revenue from each copy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
$200m/1m = $200?

Math is mind bottling.

Not when they forecasted 3 million more sales at normal retail price.

It means over half the population bought it at a discount. And some, a major discount - just to get out the door.

Hey Soderlund, you prick, looks like people took your advice. And Dice, maybe you will think twice before opening your fucking yaps again and just ship a fun game without your political bullshit which didn't effect the game anyway. Take a nice healthy dose of $200 Million of shut the fuck up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
How do you get $200m in sales if you only moved 1m units, with a likely majority of units being sold at an unbelievable discount for a new release AAA game?

Something isnt adding up.