Battlefield V

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
How do you get $200m in sales if you only moved 1m units, with a likely majority of units being sold at an unbelievable discount for a new release AAA game?

Something isnt adding up.

You read it wrong. They fell short 1m units from their target sell through. They fell short in revenue because to get to their sell through target (Or increase it beyond complete shit) they had to drop the price significantly. When they made the forecast they figured 8+ Million units sold at higher pricing. Hence 1) They fell short of unit sales. 2) They fell short of $200 Mil in revenue because they had to discount the game by half the price to even achieve 7.3 million units.

This means not a lot of people bought the game outright at full price, limited deluxe / ultimate sales (Higher price) and ultimately, a combined hit of $200m falling below forecast revenue. They are looking at the totality of the circumstances. They aren't saying 1m units lost them 200 mil.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
bf5 sold 7.3m copies to date, but still 1m copies less than they expected. crazy. it heavily impacted EA earnings, dropping revenue by over $200m from what they had estimated. Even with 7.3m copies sold though, a TON of those went out at 50% off
EA: Battlefield V Did Not Meet Sales Expectations

i wonder what APEX launch yesterday means for battlefield battle royale mode, internally they seemed to have yanked it from testing a few weeks ago across EA, might just have been to give APEX some final polish but could also mean they are delaying or quietly cancelling BR mode and letting APEX be the star for 2019
giphy.gif

No matter how much chuckleheads try to deny politics is poisoning this shit--people see it. No one is going to ignore the King's dick hanging out.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I love how EA tries to blame competition. Competition never hurt BF sales before. EA you cucks, you did this with your SJW bullshit and it will continue for others so my word of advice? Keep this political bullshit out of our video games or you will be out of jobs. Welcome to the real world.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The lead dev that got fired told people to not buy the game if they didn't believe in their SJW bs. They called the fuckers bluff.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Segment Next: EA Execs Dump Millions Worth of Company Stock Amid Crisis | SegmentNext

By Sikandar MahmoodFebruary 1, 2019 Share
The last two years have been a disaster for EA and things don’t seem to be improving for the company at the financial front. We previously reported how the company’s stock dropped 44% in 6 months thanks to the botched PR and launch of Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Battlefield V.
EA’s stock value has been in a state of flux since late last year and it seems the continued failure is forcing top EA execs to abandon ship and pull out their money from the company. In the recent week and months, top EA execs have pulled millions from the company which is a clear sign of “every man for himself” mindset among top Electronic Arts execs after the continued failure. Battlefield 5, Star Wars Battlefront games, and even FIFA Ultimate Team aren’t generating enough revenue for the company.
EA’s dubious practices and aggressive monetization is to blame for consumer mistrust that led to the company’s current state. Many of the buyers of Star Wars, Battlefield, and even FIFA were refused refunds. Such buyers took to social platforms to share their stories that went viral. Such shady practices open up Electronic Arts to lawsuits and affect consumer goodwill.
According to a table published by Insider Insights, company CEO Andrew Wilson dumped $716,097 worth of stock recently. COO Blake Jorgensen dumped a total of $892,768 in recent times.
EA-Stock-drop.png

Such large stock dumps show how EA execs have a dismal view of the company’s future. It seems even the company doesn’t have much faith in the success of BioWare’s Anthem, EA’s last chance at redemption.
BioWare’s latest AAA IP is releasing next month but already suffers from critical server issues that are expected to mare the game’s launch as well.
EA’s reputation could affect Anthem’s sales, in fact, many fans on social media are calling for a total boycott of Anthem due to EA’s poor handling of Star Wars license and political agenda behind Battlefield V.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
EA stock plummeted because they catered to SJWs. ActivisionBlizz stock plummeted because they made a mobile game instead of D4. Take 2 stock plummeted because Red Dead 2 and GTAV online were wildly successful...

I think the lesson here is that no matter what the market does there will always be shitty 10 minute long youtube videos about it.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Friends and I were looking forward to combined arms. Looks like a continued dumpster fire.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Yea I only get on for a few hours each week now, just to complete the new war story and get the new weapon/vehicle.

Game seriously needs more maps. More unlockables. More weapons/vehicles then one a week. More new stuff to do.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yea I only get on for a few hours each week now, just to complete the new war story and get the new weapon/vehicle.

Game seriously needs more maps. More unlockables. More weapons/vehicles then one a week. More new stuff to do.

yeah I am waiting too.