BB.com Misc Refugee Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bodhy

Mr. Poopybutthole
He already asked me to rescind his pol section ban. I told him 3 months and maybe I'd think about it based upon his body of work up to that point.

So far I've seen no indication of a change in attitude.
Ever since, I've constrained my activity on here to the special interest forums (music, tabletop gaming, reading etc.) Look through, say, the last few weeks of my posts. Since I'm simply discussing a hobby and interest which is similarly shared by other denizens of that forum, the interactions have been civil and entirely without incident. As opposed to the highly volatile and polarizing nature of a politics forum.

Why is that? Because there is literally nothing here that can't be explained by childish tribalism and hatred stemming from political factions. That's all that is, and there is nothing this can't explain.

I'm actually adhering quite well to your exhortation to interact civilly and substantively here, which is exceptionally easy when I stay in the special interest forums, for those reasons I just outlined.

• 2Dislike
  • 1WTF
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Why is that? Because there is literally nothing here that can't be explained by childish tribalism and hatred stemming from political factions. That's all that is, and there is nothing this can't explain.
i'm pretty sure it's because you have delusions of grandeur on how you view yourself as the ultimate academic and you can't comprehend why no one doesn't just bow down to your imaginary dissertation of bullshit, while making up covid "truths" only citing some med students blog.

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ever since, I've constrained my activity on here to the special interest forums (music, tabletop gaming, reading etc.) Look through, say, the last few weeks of my posts. Since I'm simply discussing a hobby and interest which is similarly shared by other denizens of that forum, the interactions have been civil and entirely without incident. As opposed to the highly volatile and polarizing nature of a politics forum.

I'm actually adhering quite well to your exhortation to interact civilly and substantively here, which is exceptionally easy when I stay in the special interest forums, for those reasons I just outlined.
If you pay me some Benjamins, I will write you dissertation for you using the GPT.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

1674834155700.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

MjAxMy1mNzc2YjAzYjQyMzNkY2Yy.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Isn't ace the proper term for kill? Like, I aced that guy. So you'd suggest someone ace themselves.

Deuce is, and will always be, shit. If I want you to go shit yourself, I'd suggest you deuce yourself.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Isn't ace the proper term for kill? Like, I aced that guy. So you'd suggest someone ace themselves.

Deuce is, and will always be, shit. If I want you to go shit yourself, I'd suggest you deuce yourself.

i prefer "go visit canada for some life-affirming care"

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>

You're wrong about this, it's not due to 'tribalism'.

The reason there's any civility to be found whatsoever is because the moderation staff and I have VERY actively funneled ALL such discussion into the pol section to the best of our ability. When divisive type subjects or tangents start to get brought up in the non-pol parts of the forum -and they do with semi-regularity because Clown World is pathological about politicizing all things great and small- that discussion is either asked to be curtailed or physically moved by the moderation staff to the proper threads in pol. If you can't see this happening, it's because the mod staff is doing their jobs well, and that people have figured out that if they want to go off on rants to do it in the pol section or they can get slapped down.

Once again you can't fathom the fact that maybe, just MAYBE the people you oppose have a point, and you can't avoid insulting them for daring to use different standards than yourself for their beliefs. You are nothing but a modern-day religious scold, deriding the heathens around you for not being able to see how foolish they are for doubting the morality that you yourself believe so fervently in.

So, swing and a miss. Add another 4 months on to your time because of your attitude.

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You're wrong about this, it's not due to 'tribalism'.

The reason there's any civility to be found whatsoever is because the moderation staff and I have VERY actively funneled ALL such discussion into the pol section to the best of our ability. When divisive type subjects or tangents start to get brought up in the non-pol parts of the forum -and they do with semi-regularity because Clown World is pathological about politicizing all things great and small- that discussion is either asked to be curtailed or physically moved by the moderation staff to the proper threads in pol. If you can't see this happening, it's because the mod staff is doing their jobs well, and that people have figured out that if they want to go off on rants to do it in the pol section or they can get slapped down.

Once again you can't fathom the fact that maybe, just MAYBE the people you oppose have a point, and you can't avoid insulting them for daring to use different standards than yourself for their beliefs. You are nothing but a modern-day religious scold, deriding the heathens around you for not being able to see how foolish they are for doubting the morality that you yourself believe so fervently in.

So, swing and a miss. Add another 4 months on to your time because of your attitude.
Don't kid yourself, there is also a whole lot of tribalism. But that isnt a bad thing. Its how humans are wired.

• 5Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

:emoji_fork_and_knife::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag:

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Krackerjacked

Golden Squire

I was thinking of it in the context of how people say deuces like peace out but I’m laughing at the idea of someone telling someone else to shit themselves.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like

JohnezJr

Bronze Squire
How the fuk are y'all miscing right now? I keep getting "bad request" constantly. Can't even open threads half the time I click now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
He already asked me to rescind his pol section ban. I told him 3 months and maybe I'd think about it based upon his body of work up to that point.

So far I've seen no indication of a change in attitude.

A wise judgment, mi'lord.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user