BB.com Misc Refugee Thread

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Made an account... never been here before.

How tolerant is FOH regarding race threads about astronauts, Golden Bulls, migrants and the tunnel crew?

We notice things, on a scale somewhere between Kanye and Mel Gibson.

late show beard GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Or Uncle Adolf, in some cases.
1712695354210.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>

How tolerant is FOH regarding race threads about astronauts, Golden Bulls, migrants and the tunnel crew?

We do a lot of trend analysis here.

Being 100% honest I think misc has been largely unmoderated for the past 6 months. The amount of rules broken and nothing done lol,

I got banned for two weeks for suggesting we airdrop American Jews over Israel. A mod thought that somehow meant genocide (I'm sure it does by the ADL's standards).

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 2Like

Headturner1

Misc Refugee
Do these "bodybuilders" realise they can just make a new forum under new leadership to replace the old one?

This is at least the third Fires of Heaven forum.
What the fuck did you just say bro? where did the other two foh forums go? Geocities type shit?

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
What the fuck did you just say bro? where did the other two foh forums go? Geocities type shit?
It's a long and sordid tale. First iteration was left to rot by an autist and his new gf who allowed the site to be infected with malware through neglect. A bunch of people started a new site and migrated over. That was around 2011. There was 2 failed attempts at this, then ReRolled got traction until 2016. At that point, the people who ran ReRolled tried to sell the site to MMORPG.com (or did sell it? Not sure on that detail) but the users noped out to this site, and scraped all the threads from the old site. We've been here in this iteration ever since, though I have only been running the show since around 2019.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Headturner1

Misc Refugee
It's a long and sordid tale. First iteration was left to rot by an autist and his new gf who allowed the site to be infected with malware through neglect. A bunch of people started a new site and migrated over. That was around 2011. There was 2 failed attempts at this, then ReRolled got traction until 2016. At that point, the people who ran ReRolled tried to sell the site to MMORPG.com (or did sell it? Not sure on that detail) but the users noped out to this site, and scraped all the threads from the old site. We've been here in this iteration ever since, though I have only been running the show since around 2019.
That’s solid work man.. When the misc goes, I highly doubt it comes back under any iteration.

I think the few remaining miscers just want to go down with the ship. Kinda sad that forums dried up because they’ve always been a mainstay for me.. Honda-tech back in the late 90s/early 00s, then twoplustwo in the middle 00s, kitco (lol) in the late 00s and then the misc in the early 10s.

• 2Like
Do these "bodybuilders" realise they can just make a new forum under new leadership to replace the old one?

This is at least the third Fires of Heaven forum.

Even the moderators barely do their jobs on the misc, so no regular miscer is gonna be motivated enough to try restarting that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AlwaysFocus

Golden Knight of the Realm
That’s solid work man.. When the misc goes, I highly doubt it comes back under any iteration.

I think the few remaining miscers just want to go down with the ship. Kinda sad that forums dried up because they’ve always been a mainstay for me.. Honda-tech back in the late 90s/early 00s, then twoplustwo in the middle 00s, kitco (lol) in the late 00s and then the misc in the early 10s.
I still use vehicle forums. They definitely are not as good as they used to be. People are like oh use Facebook groups now. You know how annoying it is to try and learn anything about your vehicle in Facebook groups? Its piss. I hate those "modern" social media platforms, they are just dopamine hits of shorts and click bait, not documented information with pictures and how to's.

Internet has changed for the worse, thats what happens when everyone has access nowadays I guess

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

yabbayabba

Peasant
Being 100% honest I think misc has been largely unmoderated for the past 6 months. The amount of rules broken and nothing done lol,

There was still some moderation. In R/P people were getting banned for what didn't seem like huge things for all the stuff that went on. It does seem like if you criticized the small hats too much you got put on a list to get banned. Though lefties were getting banned too, but I think that might be because of how unhinged some were becoming trying to run interference for the pantsshitter-in-chief.

Got to love your first post is "how racist can I be here?".

• 3Like
  • 2Worf

Headturner1

Misc Refugee
I still use vehicle forums. They definitely are not as good as they used to be. People are like oh use Facebook groups now. You know how annoying it is to try and learn anything about your vehicle in Facebook groups? Its piss. I hate those "modern" social media platforms, they are just dopamine hits of shorts and click bait, not documented information with pictures and how to's.

Internet has changed for the worse, thats what happens when everyone has access nowadays I guess
Agreed man. The internet of the mid/late 90s was fucking legit. Like you said, most of it is absolute piss now. This is the only place I go now with no misc. I hate even gmail at this point lol!

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

You will be welcome with open arms. Race is viewed here through the lens of openness and diversity. Religion, however, can be hit or miss. Especially if you are tolerant toward a specific religion who frequent temples and bagel shoppes.