Better Call Saul

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Is there anyone watching this that didn't watch Breaking Bad? I wonder how much I would be enjoying this if I didn't know all those characters.
Another board I frequent has a few people watching this that have never seen Breaking Bad. All have liked BCS so far.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
While it is cool to see Tuco again. I was pretty happy to see Michael Mando getting work. He was pure win as Vaas in Farcry 3/The Farcry Experience.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Sometimes they go to the well in ways that can sneak past ya.

393071ac-51d4-44ff-a807-e0e86033d57f_zps7fd63f64.jpg
I'm a newb. What am I missing in this picture?
The girl doesn't look like she's from Breaking Bad. The officer doesn't look like the mexican DEA agent. Maybe the fadora on the wall, but Walter didn't have that style until later. What am I missing?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm a newb. What am I missing in this picture?
The girl doesn't look like she's from Breaking Bad. The officer doesn't look like the mexican DEA agent. Maybe the fadora on the wall, but Walter didn't have that style until later. What am I missing?
its an easter egg, and a pretty good one. i have no doubt some of saul's "clients" or fellow inmates will be familiar faces as well.
i thought for sure the bailiff trying to get saul's attention was tiny from BB, it wasnt.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I'm guessing Cinnabon Saul is him after the events of Breaking Bad? Does anyone know if the show is supposed to go "back to the future" at some point? Are there a set number of seasons planned?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So I'm guessing Cinnabon Saul is him after the events of Breaking Bad? Does anyone know if the show is supposed to go "back to the future" at some point? Are there a set number of seasons planned?
Yeah it is the future they said they are going to go back and forth.

That negotiation with Tuco for some reason was the best TV that I have seen in a while.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
There were rumors the show was going to have dual stories in the "present" and the pre-BB, but they denied it a couple of months ago. However with them opening the show the way they did I have to imagine post-BB Saul is going to be at least somewhat relevant. I kind of hope they do bring it in in bits and pieces but the focal point has to be the prequel and we definitely don't need Jesse showing up in Nebraska or anything.

Cybsled

They did mention we won't find out too much more about post-BB Saul until Season 2.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there anything to keep Saul in hiding at this point? Walt, the neo-Nazis, and Gus are no longer an issue. Is there anyone that would still be gunning for him?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
So I'm guessing Cinnabon Saul is him after the events of Breaking Bad?
Yes. I believe at some point in BB he mentions a "Cinnabon in Omaha" as an hiding out plan. I"m sure the DEA would like to bring him in and maybe the cartels as well, especially whoever took over after Gus's scorched earth move.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yes. I believe at some point in BB he mentions a "Cinnabon in Omaha" as an hiding out plan. I"m sure the DEA would like to bring him in and maybe the cartels as well, especially whoever took over after Gus's scorched earth move.
"If I'm lucky, in a month from now, best-case scenario, I'm managing a Cinnabon in Omaha."

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
"If I'm lucky, in a month from now, best-case scenario, I'm managing a Cinnabon in Omaha."
That opening scene was classic and I actually had forgot about this line until my wife reminded me. It definitely has the BB vibe to it but it's all going to be about the characters. I don't know if I expect it to be as good as BB because I don't think that's fair (BB is top 1-3 all time series) but it's off to a good start so far. Does anyone know how long this takes place before BB?

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I am really starting to dig this as I loved Breaking Bad. The desert scene left me cringing and that rarely happens. I also noticed the really cool camera angles / cinematography in the first two episodes and that usually never catches my attention. Like the camera shot with the coffee cup falling down and showing Saul leaving it and walking away among others.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I really liked the first two episodes. Definitely in.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
IIRC I think the creator side while this show will mostly be in the past, they will "touch upon" the present (BB present) and future as well.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I'm generally pretty against prequels since 95% of the time they turn out terrible. This has started well though and I'm looking forward to watching more.

I also thinks it has the potential to be better than Breaking Bad. BB had some great, absolutely brilliant episodes and story arcs, but it also had a lot of crap ones and filler mixed in, and some pretty cringe worthy characters. So easy to forget those looking back. It also took a while to find it's footing. I think Gilligan will have a much clearer vision going into this project, and probably have a lot more leeway on what he can do, and many of the characters are already developed.