Better Call Saul

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
TrainWreck1.gif
It's a great gun for home defense. Load it 2:1 410 to 45 LC. Two shots to wound the intruder to let you know where they are by their screams of agony, and then a 45 lc to finish them off.
biggrin.png
biggrin.png

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It does seem like there a lot of stuff in the show for people who've seen BB. Tuco poking his head out at the end of the first episode, Tuco getting pissed at his guy for talking out of turn, the guy giving him shit about not having stickers, etc

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Bob Odenkirk was doing promotional work for this in the UK, and someone asked if he'd heard from Bryan Cranston about the new show. This is an e-mail sent to Bob from Bryan:

"You and the show are really good Bob.
You have led your troops well into battle. Now go slay the critical few and take your rightful place among the stars.
You have arrived.
Bryan.
PS - I've taken a side job with Hallmark."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
What's the deal with chuck? Can't figure out if I missed something, or if maybe it was all explained in BB. I'm guessing he's jimmy's brother even though he looks old enough to be his dad and their interactions are more like mentor/mentee. Do we know what's wrong with him yet? I can't think of any disorders other than 'batshit crazy' that make you sensitive to EM waves.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Probably just batshit crazy. It's Jimmy's brother.

Really enjoying this show. I look at it as an extension of the Breaking Bad universe, a companion to Breaking Bad. maybe that's the wrong way to look at it, but I feel it is just expanding upon the original show.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What's the deal with chuck? Can't figure out if I missed something, or if maybe it was all explained in BB. I'm guessing he's jimmy's brother even though he looks old enough to be his dad and their interactions are more like mentor/mentee. Do we know what's wrong with him yet? I can't think of any disorders other than 'batshit crazy' that make you sensitive to EM waves.
i asked this earlier and abe froman had a pretty decent answer

I'm thinking he has electro-hypersensitivity or he's just fucking nuts. Found this when googling the same thing cause I was curious.

http://www.popsci.com/science/articl...2/disconnected

Cybsled

In the late 90s, I recall there was lots of concern about EM waves causing cancer. Since his brother has cancer, I'm guessing it is some manner of OCD reaction, much like a typical case of aversion to germs, except in this case it is EM instead.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I'm guessing the nail salon his office is in is the same one he tried to hook Walt up with as a money laundering scheme.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Whats with the stickers in the parking lot?Am forgetting a BB reference?
I don't think so. He gets a sticker for every hour he's in the courthouse, but just slightly went over the 5th hour and so his parking wasn't fully validated (ie had 5 stickers, needed 6). I think it's just a reason to have Saul and Mike interact at this point.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I don't get why he wouldn't just have the cops trace his location and fly out there via helicopter and meet him there. Seems like trying to convince two adults on the lamb who stole over a million bucks (in stacks of 50's apparently?) to go turn themselves in.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Terrible confession: I did not watch Breaking Bad.

But I'm loving this show -- Odenkirk could carry this thing to the sun. He brings the perfect level of hammy-ness and overacting, that, with just about any other character, would fail miserably, but it just works so damn well here.

I guess I'll be one of the rare few that does it in reverse: Better Call Saul first, then BB second.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't get why he wouldn't just have the cops trace his location and fly out there via helicopter and meet him there. Seems like trying to convince two adults on the lamb who stole over a million bucks (in stacks of 50's apparently?) to go turn themselves in.
I think he still wants to represent them, this way he can get their business and possibly make a name for himself getting them off the hook. thats why he gave them the choice of turning themselves in, he was advising them as their attorney would.

spronk

FPS noob
you should watch BB in between every episode, its all on netflix and even in 4k i believe. you'll catch a lot of small little references which are cool, like saul and his relationship with cops

mike gave saul the idea of looking close to home, the stickers on the car led saul to the family, mike and saul were fighting every day over stickers

mrs kettlemen was in fargo the TV show (spoilers for image, not naked but may not be sfw)

9gb0532.jpg