Better Call Saul

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fantastic episode! Even though you know they were going to make it out, the journey was definitely fun to watch.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont have a problem with that. Besides, Jimmy is basically always the smartest guy in the room, in most situations, he obviously knew the context of what happened, even having been in shock. He is so singularly acquainted with his own mortality and interests, the details almost dont matter to him.

Not only that but his idea of baiting the attacker was brilliant.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Was watching a review of this episode on youtube and had a few "oh shit" moments on things i missed. I must not have been watching when mike took the gas cap off Sauls car with the tracker inside and i had already forgotten the connection jimmy had with the space blanket.

They put a lot of callbacks and easter eggs in each episode.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1586509592004.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
This episode mentions that Tuco is our in 11 more months.

Not knowing how long he was running things before BB, I wonder if we are two years pre-Walter?

Only one episode left this year.

Good season so far.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Man, this show is so good.
i said the exact thing last night. seems when it hits 10pm all the fluff is gone and we go right into the solid drama. that last 20 minutes was intense. holy shit i thought Kim was gonna get killed right then.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
i said the exact thing last night. seems when it hits 10pm all the fluff is gone and we go right into the solid drama. that last 20 minutes was intense. holy shit i thought Kim was gonna get killed right then.
It's just crazy to me that you can have a prequel show about a relatively minor character from another show be this good, then you have like Westworld which has a huge budget, high production value, and a great concept that just fails to deliver. The fact that the 2 shows are overlapping their current seasons just makes it stand out so much more.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
Tell me again

damn Kim is the perfect woman, its amazing how the writers learned from Skyler/Breaking Bad and have made such a capable and no bullshit woman. Lalo has always been a bit of a goofy motherfucker but that was some fantastic acting there, you could literally see in his eyes when Kim told him he has nobody in his organization he can trust and he needs to fix that shit. Daaaaayum. Series ends with Kim and Lalo escaping to China to setup a new powerhouse lawyer and drug kingpin James Bondesque agency, whose goal is to release a deadly pandemic virus and then release the cure a few months later. Breaking Covid

also lol

hvi7d6lz6us41.png

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Man what a fantastic episode this week. That was on par with some of the amazing BB episodes. Kim killed it! I thought she was a goner when she was in front of the door at the end there.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
what i want to know is who are the guys who tried to rob the Salamanca family. cartel guys Mike kills in BB?

Well right after he hangs up with "Don Juan" (the bald mexican boss) Gus said something like "I just spoke to the man responsible for the attack", and he explains to Mike that "he was trying to protect his business by protecting our business". So, maybe the cartel doesn't want Lalo out of prison and since he doesn't know Lalo in prison is still causing trouble to Gus business, and doesn't know either that Gus orchestrated Lalo's bail, maybe $7m is just too much for one guy at some point? During the episode, they're also explaining the DA's office never really expected the bail got paid, and $7m is gonna raise a lot of attention.

There's also something Gus said in another episode, like everything's happening to Lalo in this site of the border is his responsibility. Maybe the cartel thought "oh well he got caught, let's move on". But on the other hand, it's quite clear that while Gus business wise is "with the cartel", the Salacamancas are "in the cartel". Gus is a huge silent, trouble free money maker, while the Salamancas are causing a lot of trouble. Maybe we'll get a more solid explanation in the finale. And let's not forget Lalo initially going back to Mexico brought a lot of joy and relief to someone:

t5vs6rdlfzs41.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user