Bicycling

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What are you looking for? Most places wont have a thing that breaks it down year to year just what size the part is but no compatibility, thats on you.

I want some new rim brakes first off. Might have to replace some other parts on it too.

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
IMG_20191006_161216.jpg

Rode some downhill today, this is 1 of 3 brand new dints in the rear.
Clipped a foot too and smashed my peddle, glad I use plastic ones as it would have smashed my foot... Over the bars you go hippy.
IMG_20191006_161207.jpg

No head injuries today so that's a bonus

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
latheboy latheboy looks about right... DH will abuse the fuck out of everything. Buying a YT Capra soon for my whistler trip and it is going to go from brand new to looking a year old over the course of the 10 days. Unrelated finished my DJ finally, wife bought me fox 831s and the Kashima coating ties in rather nicely.

D93749B6-F822-482A-BFF1-9601EEC6151F.jpeg

0A53BCDF-8E0F-4104-BB68-69C12D65D9BF.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
Hatorade Hatorade , yeah dh is hard on gear.
You are going to love whistler, I spent a month there in 2012. Rode every day, so good.
Your YT is going to be rooted after that haha .. Do dirt merchant, freight train... black velvet and blue velvet were fun. A-line of course ..

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
Schleyer, DO IT!!! Joy ride is fantastic. Detroit rock city is sick... Fuck it man, just ride everything... B-Line and crank it up are really good warm up runs.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Schleyer, DO IT!!! Joy ride is fantastic. Detroit rock city is sick... Fuck it man, just ride everything... B-Line and crank it up are really good warm up runs.
Hell yeah, making an excel spreadsheet on what ti hit. Avoiding all tech where possible :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pops

Haha, my yeah but Hater. I took my new pup, a GSP, for a run, crashed in seconds.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Self xmas gift, nicest wheelset I will have ever owned. Added to cart at 48% off, and it took another 10% off for some coupon code Honey found.

apparantly Enve carbon is shit, talking to anyone that has ever worked at a bike shop or has delt with them say they are worse than even the Chinese knock offs. They were just first to market and stuck around. That said I have no personal experience but they are also known as the “bose” of the bike world.
My local wheelset builder says they are hit and miss so stopped build them, the test is to run your hands all around the rim and if you get a splinter you should return or warranty them.

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Somewhat related just had these built, stans ex3 laced to I9 101 hubs. Upgraded my rear shock as well. It feels so much better over tech and the little bumps. Went from feet coming off down the double blacks to steady as can be. Bike is ready for Whistler trip july 2020.
382E0C66-00EE-4942-92C0-B197B5ABB95D.jpeg
9218A6EC-1F83-4CDC-9F14-635C56242850.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
apparantly Enve carbon is shit, talking to anyone that has ever worked at a bike shop or has delt with them say they are worse than even the Chinese knock offs. They were just first to market and stuck around. That said I have no personal experience but they are also known as the “bose” of the bike world.
My local wheelset builder says they are hit and miss so stopped build them, the test is to run your hands all around the rim and if you get a splinter you should return or warranty them.

I haven't heard as much bad about them, aside from the cost. That used to be the primary reason people went with Chi-carbon a few years ago, when there wasn't as many brand options. If I recall light-bicycle was the most popular Chinese choice at that time. Regarding splintering, I also read the article where they mention that happening. That article was for a ultra spec E bike, and supposedly wasn't even handled correctly by Enve warranty staff. I saw another related article where one of their managers said they should have been upgraded to the highest grade wheel out of the gate, at the first failure, and not had to do multiple warranty replacements for the group testing them.

I have always been an alu hoop guy, but figured with their warranty and at the price offered I may as well try them out. Everybody is moving to the 12x148 boost rear end, and I wanted a set that can go between 135x10 and 12x142. I'm sure that is why these were such a deal, got to love new standards. They will get used on Colorado front range chunk, and I am a decently capable rider. If they do give out, I'll post an update for sure.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Update #1, not good BUT fixed by Comp Cyclist really fast!

First set arrived with what looked like a chip from being dropped without a tire installed. The red spots all were down to the fibers, and being right where the tire seats, I was a bit concerned. I called and asked for a return/replace, no questions asked and took only a couple minutes. I also did a bit more reading between and found out that the new special pinch preventing strip is only on 7+ models. They also allowed me to change to the m730 set instead, high points for Comp Cyclist, do recommend.

New wheels just got here and look great. Will be installing them and new tires this weekend, and hopefully out riding Monday.

wheel1.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user