Bicycling

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Training on stationary bikes only goes so far as well, because you're not getting the bumps and bounces that help build the calluses.

Seriously though, get her a nice new saddle for that ride. Test ride the shit out of them. My normal shop has a bunch of demo saddles you can check out. I would suspect someone nearby has something similar.

I know nothing about saddles, reading your previously posted link has me understanding a V shape is the way to go but should I look for one with springs, more width, more cushion?

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
Get on ebay and buy a cheapo mechanical dropper post, great things they are...
My wife has problems with bike seats, she is an outie and it gets sore. Be totally honest about her innie or outie body and try lots of different seats until she finds the one that doesn't hurt her.
Your Wife will enjoy riding and want to do it if she is comfortable.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Thanks latheboy latheboy some good info.
So the seat post on the Talon is:
Giant Sport, 30.9mm
I assume this means for any seat suspension it has to come in that size, or will a 31.6 mm or 27.2 mm Amazon.com : Suntour SP12-NCX Mountain Road Bike Suspension Travel Seatpost 31.6 x 350mm : Sports & Outdoors work?

NM looks like I need a shim.

double edit, looks like finding 30.9mm to 31.6mm is going to be a pain in the ass.

Triple edit ebay had the answer, went with 30.9 mm to 27.2 mm shim, and the Suntour seatpost.

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Installed and feeling good.

IMG_1070.JPG

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Paris-Nice started last night, first big multi stage race of the season. Its on NBC sports. Its off to a doozy of a start, they were flying in stage 1.

• 1Like

Tobin

N00b
Guys I'm blind and did this... (glad my frame is steel or the seatstay bridge would have delaminated)

enve-screw1.jpg

enve-screw2.jpg

enve-screw3.jpg

Last edited:

Tobin

N00b
Guys I rode bikes with a friend who hasn't been riding much in 4 months. We took him up Quimby Rd in San Jose.

Here's a bit of the reward for doing the climb

• 1Like

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
I did a DH race on the weekend but had a crack on a pump track the day before.... Concrete hurts yo..
Oops_zpsrztgcaie.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ouch, I remember those kind of injuries. Stings like a mother for days, oozes forever and a bitch to heal up.

Seventh

Golden Squire
Built some new wheels for my trance. Stans MK3 with glorious blue anodized Hope hubs and nipples. Anodized parts = KOMs.

Unintentionally artsy farsy pics are just because the background is snow, heh.

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 11.49.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 11.49.13 PM.png

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
sexy, hope new wheel day was epic. I've got a carbon wheel upgrade on my tarmac loosely scheduled for September, those blue nipples would look awesome with my paint scheme

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So I took the family to the Anthills as shown in video below(nothing too technical. Wife on her new Talon 3 and the 10 year old on a steel frame piece of shit, she took her first big dump and skinned up her arm from wrist to elbow, bent her back wheel to the point I had to stand on it and lift to allow it to rotate without pulling the breaks to one side and stopping the wheel. All she did was walk in a small circle for a few mins holding her arm, we stopped the bleeding(wasn't too bad) she got back on her barely working bike and finished the trail. Was a proud day.

So on Sunday took her to bicycle world got her fitted to a small Tempt 4 Tempt 4 (2017) - Liv Cycling | United States the Xtra small fit a little better but not enough to warranty room to grow as she is 5 feet tall today but in no time she will be 5 foot five.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Dangit I have the bug! All I can think about is hitting that trail again but it is raining...

So pumped to vacation somewhere that actually has a mountain.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So 6PM today some kid stole my daughters brand new Tempt 4 out of my garage, we heard our garbage cans shifting and that made us look outside. Sure enough bike was gone, I put on my shoes and hopped on my bike still in my work clothes. I cruise the neighborhood while the wife gets in her car and does the same. Thinking like a piece of shit I head towards the bayou trail and sure enough three fuckers on bikes in the distance so I haul ass towards them, as I get closer I see the one fucker has my daughters bike. He is looking back and yelling to his friends that "he is still coming" they go under the bridge and start to make their way back up the other side but I am so pumped full of adrenaline I catch up just as he turns to head up the other side. I aim mid frame and smash right into him knocking us both down. He calls me fucking crazy and yells "You can have your bike back" as he moves away. I am tangled up a bit trying to pull two bikes up a slope and I am screaming at this kid. "I have cameras you stupid fuck, I am going to find you mother fucker!" and so on. He is wide eyed and freaked out, thought about dropping the bikes and grabbing the kid but he hauled ass away before I made up my mind. Not wanting to leave a bike behind he got away. Oh and they tore up the seat, literally had it for fives mins and they ripped up the seat. Asshole.

Wife picks me up, load up the bikes and cruise around looking for him, nothing.

Go home and cameras didn't record (I assume sensitivity and the angle he came in but not idea, further testing required)...FUUUUUUUUUUU

Got my daughters bike back so I start my D&D night and prepare to move on but get to thinking I got a really good look at this kid and what if he retaliates, so I call the police and make a report. I know the neighborhood he ran towards so going to cruise through it for a while and hope to find him. His buddy had a really distinct bike as well I have never seen before so they must be from a different but close neighborhood. Stupid cameras, going to go Liam Neeson on this fucker.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users