Bicycling

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Glad you recovered it. I don't know about your town, but mine has a collective "Stolen Bikes" group with a bunch of local commuters that are always on the lookout. They've done a shitload of recoveries of other people's bikes. I'd recommend checking if there is one for your area.

Tobin

N00b
Climber's build achievement in progress.

i-can-haz-food1.jpg

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Tobin Tobin sexy.

Took the family out this weekend, was good times minus putting my foot in a large red ant pile. How I missed it I do not know...

IMG_1109.JPG

Last edited:

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Live in snake country, you get used to walking around looking down at your feet pretty quickly.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
those wheels aint climbing wheels. aside from that, looking good tobin

Last edited:

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
btw actually came to post that Liege-Bastogne-Liege and Fleche Wallone both dumped onto my DVR tonight. Make sure your DVR's are set to record any cycling as we are getting into the classics bigtime right now. Sorry Tobin, didn't mean to hate on your setup.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seventh

Golden Squire
I ordered up a new toy. Should be here in a week or two. Who can guess what it is?

Hints:
- Will be green anodized shit everywhere on it
- My other bikes are a slacked out 160mm all mountain, an awesomely-comforable-but-slow 27.5+ trail couch, and a fatty.
- I needed something fast for XC races.
- Official bike of roadies with shit bike handling who try to sandbag lower brackets.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I ordered up a new toy. Should be here in a week or two. Who can guess what it is?

Hints:
- Will be green anodized shit everywhere on it
- My other bikes are a slacked out 160mm all mountain, an awesomely-comforable-but-slow 27.5+ trail couch, and a fatty.
- I needed something fast for XC races.
- Official bike of roadies with shit bike handling who try to sandbag lower brackets.
All I know is that I need one also.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
After much research and future plans of going to places like angel fire new mexico I bought a giant trance 2 2017. So sexy, so pumped.

IMG_1139.JPG

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
those 26 wheels or 650b? either way, nice.

I keep looking at a new bike, but I'm torn between something to do bikepacking with or an actual hard tail (or fullsusp).

Speaking of bikepacking... anyone have any experience with planning those trips? I've got a couple of destinations in mind (Dinosaur provincial park near Calgary), but just learned I've got a decent camper available, so some other spots have become a possibility.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
those 26 wheels or 650b? either way, nice.

I keep looking at a new bike, but I'm torn between something to do bikepacking with or an actual hard tail (or fullsusp).

Speaking of bikepacking... anyone have any experience with planning those trips? I've got a couple of destinations in mind (Dinosaur provincial park near Calgary), but just learned I've got a decent camper available, so some other spots have become a possibility.

To better answer the question most of the full suspension bikes have a climb setting as in little to no movement so if you think you will need full suspension I would go for it.

• 1Like

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
I think he would be more concerned with rear rack options on a full sus bike.

While there are racks that just attach to the seat post, they can't handle as much weight as a rack that also attaches to the stays in some way.

• 1Like

Seventh

Golden Squire
After much research and future plans of going to places like angel fire new mexico I bought a giant trance 2 2017. So sexy, so pumped.

Fuck yeah dude. I have a 2014 Trance Advanced , and almost 2000 miles later I still love it. Fantastic bike, enjoy it and beat the hell out of it!

x0qzpcy.jpg

Seventh

Golden Squire

Check out the Rocky Mountain Sherpa. It's their 27.5+ "Bikepacking Bike". I have one and it's fucking awesome, it's insanely comfortable and a great all-rounder. Decent for XC, usable in snow (if you get any), great in rock gardens and has a ton of range.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Check out the Rocky Mountain Sherpa. It's their 27.5+ "Bikepacking Bike". I have one and it's fucking awesome, it's insanely comfortable and a great all-rounder. Decent for XC, usable in snow (if you get any), great in rock gardens and has a ton of range.
I've got a fatbike for snow already (5" or death!), but I'll check the Sherpa out. One of the well-known local places sells Rocky Mountain, so maybe I can borrow a demo for a while.