Black Desert

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
About 90% of BDO content is grinding alone, so unless you're stepping on someone's favorite grinding spot, you shouldn't worry about getting involved in PvP. Anyway, since it's BDO we're talking about, you wouldn't ever want to be involved in any form of PvP at all; it's not fun, quite punishing and requires a lot of knowledge you'll never bother to learn.
Capped Node Wars can be fun, especially if your guild/alliance has a good shot caller, but even then it does require learning a bunch of stuff about gearing and systems.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thankfully you only have to do it once, then you can hot potato it around to every alt/season character you decide to do from now on.

Been doing a Drakania on season, it's a weird class. I kinda like it, but keep reading it was nerfed to shit just before launch for some reason. May give it another couple days of messing around then just graduate and go back to my regular class and resume the regularly scheduled activities.
I think the "nerfs" she got were pretty minor, mainly that long dash/flight skill is slower and costs a lot of stamina. Some ppl claim a certain skill had the number of its "hits" reduced from 50 to 33, but I never saw it have more than 33 on GLabs, and I cannot understand why anyone would ever think a GLab version of a class wouldn't get some changes at its release.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Making progress. Still haven't finished Mediah MSQ yet somehow as I keep running off doing other things and now with awakening I'm awkward af having to relearn my keys after having the previous combos down to muscle memory.

I also broke down and got myself 5 t3 pets cause looting wasn't keeping up and it was driving me nuts. New adventurer pack for like 13k pearls + misc was $60. Took about half the pearls to get all the t3s with coupons and sales. Will probably save the rest for that fancy tent or something similar.

1659134158781.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Making progress. Still haven't finished Mediah MSQ yet somehow as I keep running off doing other things and now with awakening I'm awkward af having to relearn my keys after having the previous combos down to muscle memory.

I also broke down and got myself 5 t3 pets cause looting wasn't keeping up and it was driving me nuts. New adventurer pack for like 13k pearls + misc was $60. Took about half the pearls to get all the t3s with coupons and sales. Will probably save the rest for that fancy tent or something similar.

View attachment 425025
You might have more fun if you open up Succession Guardian, has the same playstyle/muscle memory you're used too, but stronger. Run that til you're 60 and have all the skill points needed to unlock all the Awakening kit, she then becomes a smooth low APM grinder.

Edit: Getting the Pearl tent is something of a trap as it increases the value of the Old Moon Scroll buff (another Value Pack type account buff) since it allows you to buy Villa Buffs and Item Drop buffs... so having that tent makes it almost mandatory to also buy the Old Moon buff every month.

• 1Truth!

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I've already dumped points back into main preawakened skills due to that fact since you can't max out awakened stuff until L60. Saw my damage falloff and noped right back.

I doubt I'll min/max that hard in seasonal play which is where I'll mostly be living for most of actual playtime. When season ends I will look into setting up trade/lifeskilling since that is predominately afk play. I just want convenience whenever possible =]

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'm never going to be OK with this gear system. I had tet main/sub/awakening. 72 failstacks later I now have pen main/tri sub/tri awakening. So tilting even though it's only been a few days and mats are plentiful <_<.

Finished mediah msq and chenga quest lines, going to do the agris quest next to progress seasonal. Probably start the grind to L60 afterwards to get these skill points spent. Already at 1300 which is enough for good entry build for awakening.

I also got pretty luck with fairy. Not bis, but got weight reduction and auto potions so I'm happy enough. Is buying the T8 horse from the tokens worth? I only have the T5 starter ones and they are slower than auto running. Haven't seen anything good on horse market.

1659225727213.png

Molten Core Raider
Sad thing is season enhancing is soooo much easier than enhancing on regular servers. Finishing a season character puts you into a good position to just grind money and buy upgrades and skip the entire god awful process though.

For those that have been playing more than I have lately, are the Godr-Ayed weapons worth messing with?

edit - also, lightstones and artifacts. I scored an Iridescent Lightstone off Kzarka earlier today and that's got me looking at the lightstone combos, etc. Is there any specific combo that's best for pve?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
5yi49pH.png
- is good but GL getting a strike apparently and it's also super expensive.

I'm currently running the below as I could get the stones and it was relatively cheap.

1659300814583.png

--

Wrapped up agris and grinded for a bit. Got halfway through L59. Got around 1500 skill points which is last big tier before getting to 2k and being able to max out everything.

Currently looking pretty good though my sub weapon and chest continue to fail endlessly and I am out of stones =D. Got some tet accessories out of the stacks though at least.

1659300890355.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider
I came across something that suggested that same setup, just wasnt sure if there was better that had been discovered since. I saw another combo (Predation x2, Shadows, Strike) that gives 13 Monster AP, Back Damage +6%, and 3% crit damage that might be what I go with until I come across a Strike. Im not super excited at the idea of dropping 5bil on a lightstone.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'll just keep the cheap stuff as some stats are better than none. Going for bis anything isn't even in my radar with only 1B silver =D

Complaining works. Pen chest, pen neck, tet gloves and back to tet sub. Think I'm leaving that sub weapon alone until I get to the pass part that gives a +80 valks. I've already failed tet to pen on it like 15 times with anything from 50-70 stacks.

1659305396021.png

Molten Core Raider
I also lack a lot of reading comprehension as my backup lightstone plan also included a Strike stone. Ill probably do the same, just look up some sort of passable monster AP combo and run with it for now. Any sort of damage increase will be better than none, even if it's not the best it could be from the start.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here are 3 vids by EvilDoUsHarm that go over 3 systems that you can work on as you play Seasons. The first two are about the guaranteed PEN gear systems for the Accessory and the Armor/Weapons. I would highly advise doing these as you play even if you're not sure which pieces you actually want (though, you'll need to think first about which of the Accessories you want to end up with). The last is about the Fairy system.

Avatar of Nyx Avatar of Nyx The Godr-Ayed weapons are worth and not worth. You take a TET Blackstar weapon and convert it to Godr-Ayed, which will then allow you to upgrade it via normal RNG enhancing, but with FAR lower cron costs if you want to cron your attempts (can get the wpn to DUO without crons safely). Each successful enhance will upgrade the stats, so a DUO Godr-Ayed is better than a TET Blackstar, but you'll only ever get it as good as a PEN Blackstar. I got my PEN BS Awakening on a 175fs (lucky). I would only do this if you can grind Elvia Calpheon spots comfortably, since that is where you'll get the materials to make the stones needed for each enhance (there is a 1 time quest which will give you lots though).

Since you guys were mentioning Artifact/Lightstone combos, here is a link with every possible combination you can use:
Lightstone Combinations

Vids:
PEN Accessory

PEN Armor / Weapons

Fairy System

Edit: Also, if you're above lvl56, try to go kill Garmoth and Nouver whenever you can (might skip Bloodstorm Nouver though, since you'll die a lot). An event is going on that gives you an added chance at a Garmoth Heart from kill boss Dragons. One of the best items you can ever hope to obtain, as it allows you add 2 crystals slots to your awakening weapon.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm never going to be OK with this gear system. I had tet main/sub/awakening. 72 failstacks later I now have pen main/tri sub/tri awakening. So tilting even though it's only been a few days and mats are plentiful <_<.

Finished mediah msq and chenga quest lines, going to do the agris quest next to progress seasonal. Probably start the grind to L60 afterwards to get these skill points spent. Already at 1300 which is enough for good entry build for awakening.

I also got pretty luck with fairy. Not bis, but got weight reduction and auto potions so I'm happy enough. Is buying the T8 horse from the tokens worth? I only have the T5 starter ones and they are slower than auto running. Haven't seen anything good on horse market.

View attachment 425228
Yes, 100%. You can buy a "riding crop" of various ranks that will make auto-path travel pretty fast.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
Highest failstack I've got banked right now is 147. I despise the enhance system so much in this game, I never do a PEN roulette and building stacks is always a bridge too far for me most of the time. I've only successfully enhanced one item to PEN (my gloves), rest have been bought or the guaranteed kind. I've got a TET blackstar awakening wep and the only time I attempt an enhance is with J Hammers (at only a 3ish% chance, so...yeah). The Godr thing looked appealing because it would be a small AP boost for a reasonable price, but I had no illusions I'd ever get higher than DUO with it.

This is me at the moment. My immediate goals are getting a decent artifact/lightstone setup. Short-term is amassing enough Magic Shards and Memory Frags to get the Kzarka to guaranteed PEN. Semi-longterm is to finish the Caphras on my Dim Tree so I can switch it to the Godwhatever. Longterm goal is to not rage quit somewhere between immediate and semi-longterm goals.

BDO gear.PNG

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yes, 100%. You can buy a "riding crop" of various ranks that will make auto-path travel pretty fast.

That crop was the best I could find. Most of these random items don't seem to ever be in stock =O Garmoth looks like it spawns in 20 minutes so I'll head that way. Edit: 2 Garmoth, but no heart.

1659310757486.png

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That crop was the best I could find. Most of these random items don't seem to ever be in stock =O Garmoth looks like it spawns in 20 minutes so I'll head that way. Edit: 2 Garmoth, but no heart.

View attachment 425474
Aim for getting the Manos riding crop, they usually go for around 250m on the Market, but you can probably get one for free at some point via event tokens / shakatu coins.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
I ended up going with the same lightstone combo as Chimney (Trained Fists), looks like a good spot to stick with until the rng plays in my favor with a Strike stone (aka never).

I forgot they added the private grinding areas, I usually only grind for an hour at a time so this might be a pretty good way to dabble with the Elvia stuff. Think Im toeing the line of being able to do the Calpheon elvia stuff (maybe only Saunil), but the original Elvia areas I should be good for most spots.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I found this vid by the infamous/famous PotionShop to be pretty funny, but also informative. Musa OP.

Molten Core Raider
Both. PEN everything before you graduate off the season server. Actually I dont think early graduation is available yet, so you've got plenty of time to keep grinding stuff, you will have plenty of ore available to fight with those last two PENs before early graduation goes in.

• 1Like