Black Desert

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Whoever decided to make hours upon hours of unskippable cutscenes is a colossal asshole.
Yeah, the story is absolute ass in this game. That's exactly why I watch TV on my other monitor.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, the story is absolute ass in this game. That's exactly why I watch TV on my other monitor.

Wasn't there a question about story in the anniversary stream and the answer or smart ass response was F(aka spamming F to just go through it reading nothing).

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
This one's based on Korean culture or something isn't it? No skipping allowed! Appreciate glorious Korea!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finally finished the story. It was buggy as hell. Probably had to force close the game a dozen times.

Not super excited about just doing these bosses 5 times a week. Such a bizarre decision to make that the only thing there outside of lifeskills.

Edit: Nice, and they just did an announcement in game about the Sangoon quest being bugged, after I spent probably an hour trying to get it working (it did eventually work).

Last edited:

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
I saw someone today say that Black Desert is basically becoming a season only type of game, and I'm thinking he was right.

Everything "end game" has been capped. And the new "expansion" doesn't even use your gear. So what's the point?

It seems like once you hit a certain AP (somewhere between 290 and 300 probably?) that the gear grind just disappears. It's like the developers decided that they didn't want anymore carrot after that point.
I agree at this point. There is so much content that has been abandoned in the game. It is really only about seasons, getting to 61, and then the game kind of starts now. Everything 1-61 is fluff. It is a shame they went this way. There is a ton of content this game would be perfect for. Doing dungeon dives with your guild would change the dynamics of the game, but I think it would be a good change. Ive always thought at Protty cave they should adapt it to be like the old DnD module Journey to the Center of the Earth. You could spend hours exploring something like that.
The new expansion is odd at best. I was hoping for a huge continent of Haso with lots of dungeons and places to explore. We got 5 competition boss fights.... Cool crystals, but not much to do if you are not super geared. (I dont want to run from Abyssal Ruins to Haso, then back again even with fast travel)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I also like the weekly 5 chest lockout thing means a Debo earring is going to take literal years to hit PEN.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure what is worse, the story or the voice acting...and yeah...not skippable - its like fucking torture. I was fucking around earlier and just put the window on mute while I was doing something else on my other screen.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Just got my 2nd Garmoth Heart drop. 3 months after the first. That's some bizarre luck.

Only in BDO is getting a 2nd drop of something after 3 months considered luck, in most games that's terrible luck. :)

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Only in BDO is getting a 2nd drop of something after 3 months considered luck, in most games that's terrible luck. :)
Or be me and literally give up on Cronmoth after never seeing a heart after 100+ kills.

On the plus side, I finally finished the Pila Ku grind for the final piece of the map. I was watching the D4 campfire dev stream and half paying attention, looked over and saw in my item log that the deportee piece had dropped. Probably took about 30-35ish hours total, which I feel pretty fortunate about. WAY easier/smoother than my infinite pot grind. However, I also learned from the infinite pot and learned to break up the grinding sessions. Never did more than 2 hours at a time, played other games, did other grind spots, etc. inbetween. Now I just need a couple gem orders or grinding powder orders to fulfill to complete it "officially".

Just waiting on goddamn early grad so I can really put in work on my Lahn. I saw the huge Awakened Guardian changes and slightly regretted not staying Guardian but now that I've played the Lahn more, I just don't think I can give up the movement Lahn has.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've tried other classes and yeah, I can't give up the movement of Lahn. It's just so damn handy. It's basically the reason Arduanatt is vastly superior to the other dream horses, but in class form. Especially with Land of Morning Light, having Lahn and Arduanatt was like cheat mode. Saw one of my guildmates complaining about the journals two days ago. Finished it yesterday and the only annoying ones were in the Dokkebi Forest.

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So this expansion is ass. It's got the same problem I was talking about with Lost Ark, where you've got this decent new content, but you lock it behind a weekly timer.

If you've done the story and journals, and you've hit your 5 weeklies, there's literally zero reason to be on the new continent.

Worse is that once you get your gloves and whatever crystals you need (not sure how long that'll take), the entire continent becomes a ghost town of dead content.

And then see above with the comment about everything being AP/DP capped, and...I don't know what their goal is with the game. It literally seems like they just want to have people come for seasons, buy a pass, and then put it down until the next season.

Molten Core Raider
Ive been debating on jumping back in to try it, but not been very impressed with the reactions Ive seen on the expansion. Im still grumpy about all the PEN blackstar fails ive racked up, not sure this expansion is the thing to draw me back in yet. I have been kinda feeling the pull of switching off my Nova back to my Lahn, but it's probably easier to just start a new one on season than try to pick back up a character that i used an equilibrium scroll on years ago and is only level 58. But i have burned money on weight and inventory slots for her, so there's that, ugh. Might just stick with the Nova.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So this expansion is ass. It's got the same problem I was talking about with Lost Ark, where you've got this decent new content, but you lock it behind a weekly timer.

If you've done the story and journals, and you've hit your 5 weeklies, there's literally zero reason to be on the new continent.

Worse is that once you get your gloves and whatever crystals you need (not sure how long that'll take), the entire continent becomes a ghost town of dead content.

And then see above with the comment about everything being AP/DP capped, and...I don't know what their goal is with the game. It literally seems like they just want to have people come for seasons, buy a pass, and then put it down until the next season.
Yeah, the continent is actually pretty big, so I have to imagine they add a couple grind spots over the next few months. I figured 1-2 solo spots, 1 2-3 man spot, and 1 5 man spot would be good.

They just cater to the "no risk, slow reward" crowd way too hard. It started back around when I quit where they were thinking about adding "private" instances of grind spots, to the penalties for PKing, etc. I think they get a huge influx of cash each season from the passes, new classes, outfits, etc. Because the game is "F2P" and has consistently been around 15kish concurrent daily players the past several years, I just don't think they have much in the way of revenue stream outside seasonal stuff.
Ive been debating on jumping back in to try it, but not been very impressed with the reactions Ive seen on the expansion. Im still grumpy about all the PEN blackstar fails ive racked up, not sure this expansion is the thing to draw me back in yet. I have been kinda feeling the pull of switching off my Nova back to my Lahn, but it's probably easier to just start a new one on season than try to pick back up a character that i used an equilibrium scroll on years ago and is only level 58. But i have burned money on weight and inventory slots for her, so there's that, ugh. Might just stick with the Nova.
Nova is in a weird spot. Awakening Nova is arguably the best grinder in the game, while Succ Nova is arguably one of the worst.

Molten Core Raider
I play as the awakened flavor exclusively, i hated when i first leveled her as the slow, plodding mace user, but it didnt last long. The last scroll of eq they passed out I debated hard on flip flopping the nova and lahn and kinda wished I had, but it's long since poofed. Isnt there a Ball of some sort during the summer months? Maybe another one isnt far off

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
And the boss blitz rewards are officially disappointing. May as well just call it Dark Rift v2. This is with a 6th place, two 13th, a 19th, and I want to say 20-something.

Untitled.png

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I play as the awakened flavor exclusively, i hated when i first leveled her as the slow, plodding mace user, but it didnt last long. The last scroll of eq they passed out I debated hard on flip flopping the nova and lahn and kinda wished I had, but it's long since poofed. Isnt there a Ball of some sort during the summer months? Maybe another one isnt far off
Yea, Heidal Ball should/might be in July.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
And the boss blitz rewards are officially disappointing. May as well just call it Dark Rift v2. This is with a 6th place, two 13th, a 19th, and I want to say 20-something.

View attachment 478431
On the plus side, if you average a debo every other week(lmao good luck), it'll only take about 8 months to get it to PEN.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you've been wanting to change your main, like, legit change it, now is the time.

14 days of guild buffs which include weapon exchange coupons, health/breath/strength exchange, combat/skill exp exchange, and most of all, an inventory/weight exchange coupon.

• 1Like