Black Friday 2017

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
That’d be sweet, though I’m not hopeful. Debating trading in my PS4 after I play through the HZD DLC but I’d probably keep it if the Switch dropped that much.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'll put this down for reference Amazon has consoles at
Switch, console only 344

Ps4slim 299
Ps4pro 399

Xbox1s with gow4, 289
Xbox1x 499

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
When I saw this thread title I figured it would be related to a chimp-out... I guess people do chimp out in some places over the "sales".

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'll put this down for reference Amazon has consoles at
Switch, console only 344

Ps4slim 299
Ps4pro 399

Xbox1s with gow4, 289
Xbox1x 499

Considering the switch retails at 300 that seems wrong

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
im hoping for 500 bucks or abouts on BF. i dont watch that much tv anymore so its not really worth it to me to spend more than that. but definitely that tv is the next step. i heard they are already talking about 32k TVs or some insanity.

I think a tv would have to be pretty fucking huge to be able to perceive 32k. Like movie theatre screen. This is just me talking out of my ass basing it on researching 1080 (2k) vs 4K over the years.

I don’t think regular sized household TVs will ever move past 8k.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
BF and I want to upgrade to a 4k TV this year, something in the 50-60" range. I've never really gone TV shopping, so any idea on what places generally have the best sales for the holidays I should keep an eye out for?

Don't know how soon you want to buy a TV but they are the lowest right after the Superbowl.

All the overstock goes on sale plus you can buy an Open Box tv that some American Inventor "rented" for the big game only to return it the next day if you want to have something like that in your home that is.

The only good deals for TVs in black Friday are those 3 per store generic brand TVs they sell every year.

I did it in year and got a Westinghouse for my bedroom and it does a good job for the price I paid for it but it is no means a high end TV.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Plus, a 50in + tv is damn near impossible to put in a shopping cart.

Actually goto Walmart and try putting some in a cart, they just have em out on the floor.

Also, I've since learned from moving, never throw out the TV box, keep it around to store and move.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think a tv would have to be pretty fucking huge to be able to perceive 32k. Like movie theatre screen. This is just me talking out of my ass basing it on researching 1080 (2k) vs 4K over the years.

I don’t think regular sized household TVs will ever move past 8k.
yeah you got me, it was 16k and for gaming and this yahoo had like a shitload of 4k monitors.

this was on my recommended list.

Oldbased

> Than U
Many items the past few years stayed at or near Black Friday prices afterwards and/or went even way cheaper following Christmas.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Every year I scour the ads for a single thing I can get excited about to buy and "beat the rush" and wake up early one year just to "live the experience" and grab glory by getting one of the amazing big ticket items.

Every year I end up with new Tupperware set for $20 at 2PM in a Lowe's or Home Depot.

• 5Worf
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Every year I scour the ads for a single thing I can get excited about to buy and "beat the rush" and wake up early one year just to "live the experience" and grab glory by getting one of the amazing big ticket items.

Every year I end up with new Tupperware set for $20 at 2PM in a Lowe's or Home Depot.
in 2012 Sandy happened and it completely fucked my computer. i dunno how, but after the lights came back on it didnt work for shit. so i had to break out my old OLD IBM Thinkpad and had to get by with that. i immediately knew it wasnt gonna work. so i waited for BF that year and stayed up all night. ran over to Staples and was third in line at 5am. i rushed over to where the PCs were on sale and hooked my self up with a decent at the time HP desktop PC for 280 bucks. only time i ever did that. you can do it too. it just depends on how bad you want it.

Oldbased

> Than U
in 2012 Sandy happened and it completely fucked my computer. i dunno how, but after the lights came back on it didnt work for shit. so i had to break out my old OLD IBM Thinkpad and had to get by with that. i immediately knew it wasnt gonna work. so i waited for BF that year and stayed up all night. ran over to Staples and was third in line at 5am. i rushed over to where the PCs were on sale and hooked my self up with a decent at the time HP desktop PC for 280 bucks. only time i ever did that. you can do it too. it just depends on how bad you want it.
The problem is the "at the time". PCs, TVs anything tech really is already outdated on Black Friday. Newegg has a 50inch 4k TV for $200 right now. Yes it is a weird brand and it is probably shit made but it is still a 50 inch 4k TV.
It is like FitBit shit the past few years. The HR used to be $150. Black Friday it went down to $99 and in January $79 and less.
Unless you are buying clothing, yard equipment, tools and patio/home shit you really aren't getting a deal. You are just cleaning stock for the newer model which will also be lower priced than the previous model.
People will flock like hell though to buy that 50 inch smart TV for $300 only to visit a friend 2 months later who bought a 50 inch smart TV with virtual dick sucking feature for $279.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
i havent bought a TV since 2006-7 so this is all very interesting to me.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
BF and I want to upgrade to a 4k TV this year, something in the 50-60" range. I've never really gone TV shopping, so any idea on what places generally have the best sales for the holidays I should keep an eye out for?
I just bought this. I had a 10% discount from my redcard and there is also a 10% off on the cartwheel along with some gift cards, I got it for 490ish. I read a lot of reviews and this is a good tv. Not best, but not below mid way. I have loved the picture in everything I have watched so far.

It's 65 inches and looks nice. The UI is very easy and so nice to work with.

Don't get a curved tv. Nothing but a gimmick.

Target : Expect More. Pay Less.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I know this sounds silly, but I want to pick up a whitewater raft if one goes on crazy black friday sale. If anyone happens upon a crazy deal and can let me know I will worf you long time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user