black islamist beheads British soldier in London

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I really don't think the US is less secular today than it was in the 80s. I've lived here for 33 years in a bible belt state and I really don't believe its accurate to say the US is sliding into a less secular society. If anything, we're becoming far more secularized (and Balkanized but that's another story all together).

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
If you think this situation is bad, imagine the horror show if the kid who got attacked had actually defended himself and killed all three assailants: One white dude kills three black muslims. That right there would have started the London Riots 3.0.

I am still waiting for all of the moderate muslims to denounce these violent acts. They cry out for tolerance at every turn, and yet are silent in rebuking these extremists. Until they march in the streets, demanding that Militant Islam is abolished, they will fail to earn my full respect or consideration. (That's a huge loss I know...)

satael

Silver Squire
Culture as a weapon. " We will outbreed you with the bellies of our women?

http://sheikyermami.com/2009/08/08/w...orming-europe/

Britain and the rest of the European Union are ignoring a demographic time bomb: a recent rush into the EU by migrants, including millions of Muslims, will change the continent beyond recognition over the next two decades, and almost no policy-makers are talking about it.The numbers are startling. Only 3.2 per cent of Spain?s population was foreign-born in 1998. In 2007 it was 13.4 per cent. Europe?s Muslim population has more than doubled in the past 30 years and will have doubled again by 2015. In Brussels, the top seven baby boys? names recently were Mohamed, Adam, Rayan, Ayoub, Mehdi, Amine and Hamza.

Europe?s low white birth rate, coupled with faster multiplying migrants, will change fundamentally what we take to mean by European culture and society. The altered population mix has far-reaching implications for education, housing, welfare, labour, the arts and everything in between. It could have a critical impact on foreign policy: a study was submitted to the US Air Force on how America?s relationship with Europe might evolve.

http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/sharia-europe.html

In France, home to 13 million Muslims, the government no longer controls the banlieus (right, below is Venice, Italy), the densely-populated, predominantly Muslim ghettos that encircle most major French cities and where the French police seldom patrol. If that changed, the Muslim population among France's prison inmates would rise even higher than the present 70%. All meat sold in Paris is now halal,

In Denmark, Muslims are calling for areas with large Muslim populations like Copenhagen's Tingbjerg to become Sharia law zones patrolled by Muslim religious police modeled after Saudi Arabia's muttawa to catch and punish all Sharia law violators.

Such Muslim police already exists in Spain, where Sharia courts now threaten women for driving cars or working outside the home. Recently, a woman accused of adultery was sentenced to death by a Sharia court and escaped it by seeking refuge in a police station.

In Holland, where "Muhammad" is now the most common name for boys born in its four largest cities (Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, Utrecht), death sentences against Sharia law-breakers actually have been carried out. High profile victims include Pim Fortuyn and Theo van Gogh, both killed for criticizing the religion of peace.
(Missionaries are spiritual warriors who must wield the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. Mission fields, including China, are rife with demonic religions, pseudo-Christian cults and heresies. If you cannot wield a sharp sword of the Lord in that spiritual battlefield, you will be unable to defend yourself or your flock, let alone attack the enemy to expand the Lord's kingdom.

Nice how those links actually show how messed up christianity is too.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
See here's the thing even though religion is fake it's still real to them. so you can't just ignore it, and be completely ignorant of it or you lose sight of what fuels the other persons perspective. when a person believe's that you have the perfect solution you can justify anything to accomplish the aim, and this makes rational sense, if you believe you have the perfect solution.

This isn't JUST religion either, the Russian and french revolutions both had this nature where mass murder was acceptable to accomplish grandiose aims of a more perfect society for example. I would venture a guess it would stem from breaking internal rationality dealing with "concepts of perfection" in the same way infinities break a lot of math equations.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/li...ve/#ParPosLib2.

The Paradox of Positive Liberty

The next step down the slippery slope consists in pointing out that some individuals are more rational than others, and can therefore know best what is in their and others' rational interests. This allows them to say that by forcing people less rational than themselves to do the rational thing and thus to realize their true selves, they are in fact liberating them from their merely empirical desires. Occasionally, Berlin says, the defender of positive freedom will take an additional step that consists in conceiving of the self as wider than the individual and as represented by an organic social whole - "a tribe, a race, a church, a state, the great society of the living and the dead and the yet unborn". The true interests of the individual are to be identified with the interests of this whole, and individuals can and should be coerced into fulfilling these interests, for they would not resist coercion if they were as rational and wise as their coercers. "Once I take this view", Berlin says, "I am in a position to ignore the actual wishes of men or societies, to bully, oppress, torture in the name, and on behalf, of their 'real' selves, in the secure knowledge that whatever is the true goal of man ... must be identical with his freedom

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I think you don't know what Christianity is if you think when it says sword it's talking about actual swords. That website has other issues that have nothing to do with what you are thinking at all.

Hate Christianity all you want but we aren't the ones with passages in our holy texts to burn the infidel.

Szlia

Umm Szlia you are wrong about France I know that for a fact.

--->The e-mail also mentions France, noting there are islam fueled car burnings and pockets of sharia law in 100% muslim ghettoes... That's pure right wing fantasy land. <---

This part.
I think you forgot to post the actual fact you wanted to post
smile.png
Let me break down my statement then:

Car burning is a french national sport. I think it mostly started with riot because of a teenager running away from the police and getting electrocuted to death because he fled into a power station or something. It has nothing to do with islam.

There are no area of France that is 100% Muslim, unless you break it down to the size of an apartment. On that note, I hear there are in France areas where 100% of the population is made of extreme left wing terrorists (note: one of these area might be Carlos the Jackal's jail cell).

There are area with attempts at self-judication, but it's illegal, whether it's sharia law or gang law. Wherever there are communities, they will try to resolve their own problems themselves, so screaming 'sharia law' is a bit disingenuous. You make it sound like there are area of total lawlessness, states within the state that the french authorities cannot reach... nope. Murder is murder, forced marriage, polygamy and excision are illegal and I never heard of any thief getting his hand chopped off... Allow me to be facetious and note there are more problems with deaths from exorcisms in the USA than with sharia law in France!

In France, home to 13 million Muslims, the government no longer controls the banlieus, the densely-populated, predominantly Muslim ghettos that encircle most major French cities and where the French police seldom patrol. If that changed, the Muslim population among France's prison inmates would rise even higher than the present 70%. All meat sold in Paris is now halal,
That banlieues (suburban housing projects) are a problem in France, there is no question about it. That there is a higher proportion of muslims in these projects than in France as a whole is also certain. That there is a high level of defiance toward authority (police, but also firemen and even paramedics in some cases), higher level of petty crimes and attempts at self regulations is also certain, but this is all part of a complex urbanistic and historic situations. You put poor people outside the city in dense housing projects where there is just about nothing to do (no sport centers, no movie theaters, no museums, no libraries), have all the children go into underfunded public schools with the worst teachers and parents mostly unable to help them and if they miraculously succeed to get some decent or even higher education, when looking for a job they are discriminated against by name, picture or zip code. All the while being the target of police harassment like constant 'random' ID checks and being bogged down by those that gave up on trying to play by the rules. That's the banlieues for you. (afro-americans and latino-americans can probably relate to some degree, but to add insult to injury, remember that many of the people living in these projects are french nationals, descendants of africans that fought for France!)

Religion in general and islam in particular also plays a part in it. For some it helps keeping a clear moral compass, they aspire to become part of an oasis of probity in the urban chaos (many people of all origins living in the projects convert to islam for this reason), for some others, more radical elements, it is a mean of finding an identity by opposition to the french model that treats them so poorly.

And for the meat in Paris, it's just wrong. I am pretty sure there is no such thing as a halal pork chop and I can swear to you those exist in Paris, France. There are many halal butcher shops, but there are also many kosher grocery stores, I am not sure what the problem is.

I am still waiting for all of the moderate muslims to denounce these violent acts. They cry out for tolerance at every turn, and yet are silent in rebuking these extremists. Until they march in the streets, demanding that Militant Islam is abolished, they will fail to earn my full respect or consideration. (That's a huge loss I know...)
They do, but considering you have large groups of far right extremist willing to do some good old fashioned pogrom, public demonstrations might not be the best of ideas. I did not follow this thing closely at all and even I saw some local muslim religious authority saying that the whack jobs that did this are only muslims in their own mind (or something of that nature).

Itzena_sl

shitlord
If you think this situation is bad, imagine the horror show if the kid who got attacked had actually defended himself and killed all three assailants: One white dude kills three black muslims. That right there would have started the London Riots 3.0.

http://www.mcb.org.uk/index.php?opti...:press-release

You ignorant fucker.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
They do, but considering you have large groups of far right extremist willing to do some good old fashioned pogrom, public demonstrations might not be the best of ideas. I did not follow this thing closely at all and even I saw some local muslim religious authority saying that the whack jobs that did this are only muslims in their own mind (or something of that nature).
The critical reaction is coming from official groups only. There is no widespread shame or outrage coming from the Islamic community when extremists rise up again and again and again.

Fear of reprisal doesn't cut it. This religion is supposed to be their life, it is supposed to be the most important thing ever, the core of their existence. So when lunatics and mad men trash it and construe it as something it isn't, they should become just as outraged over that misrepresentation as they get when a cartoonist turns a turban into a bomb. But you don't see that outrage, because it doesn't exist; At least not in the volume it needs to be in order for Islam to become something that can coexist with the rest of the world.

Szlia

The critical reaction is coming from official groups only. There is no widespread shame or outrage coming from the Islamic community when extremists rise up again and again and again.

Fear of reprisal doesn't cut it. This religion is supposed to be their life, it is supposed to be the most important thing ever, the core of their existence. So when lunatics and mad men trash it and construe it as something it isn't, they should become just as outraged over that misrepresentation as they get when a cartoonist turns a turban into a bomb. But you don't see that outrage, because it doesn't exist; At least not in the volume it needs to be in order for Islam to become something that can coexist with the rest of the world.
You seem to be talking about some sort of mythical moderate extremist muslim. I don't know, but I suspect most moderate christians (even 'going to church every Sunday, pray before every meal and before sleep' christians) would not consider their religion to be 'the most important thing ever, the core of their existence'. I am pretty sure their muslim equivalents also were not in the streets over the Mohammad cartoons.

satael

Silver Squire
I think you don't know what Christianity is if you think when it says sword it's talking about actual swords. That website has other issues that have nothing to do with what you are thinking at all.

Hate Christianity all you want but we aren't the ones with passages in our holy texts to burn the infidel.
Just kill 'em

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I'll link something from wikipedia then about riots and islam in France:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_i...#Recuperations
You mean the riots in 2005 that people are saying aren't Muslim related it was just muslims that happened to be rioting?

I could tell you stories about childhood friends that have been "run out" of France because they were Christian and the muslims around them made their lives a living hell when they found out.

It is one of the most dangerous of the civilized countries for a Christian missionary to live in. You are safer in an undeveloped country full of malaria and dangerous snakes and such than as a Christian missionary than in France.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Just kill 'em

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)
Read up on OT vs NT brosephus. Please read a little before you start laying down judgements you know nothing about. There are a whole lot of intricacies to Christianity compared to Islam. They practice killing the infidel today in 2013.

Szlia

You mean the riots in 2005 that people are saying aren't Muslim related it was just muslims that happened to be rioting?
It's a bit like saying the LA riots were christian related because christians happened to be rioting. To this you could say 'HAHA but muslims are a minority in France, so that is highly significant, unlike christians in LA!' until you realize that not all french rioters were muslims and that a significant portion of people living in french banlieues are muslims, so it would just be weird if none were there in a banlieue riot! It was about being fed up of living in a shitty environment.

I could tell you stories about childhood friends that have been "run out" of France because they were Christian and the muslims around them made their lives a living hell when they found out.

It is one of the most dangerous of the civilized countries for a Christian missionary to live in. You are safer in an undeveloped country full of malaria and dangerous snakes and such than as a Christian missionary than in France.
French author Maurice G. Dantec also fled France (to Canada) because of all the muslims. He is also an extreme right wing lunatic and self described 'christian sionist'. So we are at 'cool story bro' level unless you can make a parent of your childhood friend register to Rerolled.

In case it was not clear before by the way, the repartition (socially and geographically) of muslims in France is absolutely not homogeneous (a bit like afro-american in the USA), so if you can move from France to the USA, surely you can move from France to a part of France with almost no muslim. Also note that if your friend's father was an american christian missionary in a french banlieue, his proselytism (a literal 'holier than you' attitude) composed with rampant anti-americanism would have been a pretty horrible combo to deal with.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
You seem to be talking about some sort of mythical moderate extremist muslim. I don't know, but I suspect most moderate christians (even 'going to church every Sunday, pray before every meal and before sleep' christians) would not consider their religion to be 'the most important thing ever, the core of their existence'. I am pretty sure their muslim equivalents also were not in the streets over the Mohammad cartoons.
Ok so there is a wide spectrum of belief found in every religion. From othodox, conservative, or extremist to moderate, modern, new age and weird interpretive variations. My point is simply that these violent acts are claimed to be gross misrepresentations of the faith of Islam. But the reactions to these events, when looking at the similar groups within the faith, are not met with disdain equivalent to other misrepresentations.

As for Christians, you take any church going Christian and put them on the spot about what is most important in their lives, the majority will say God, Jesus, their Faith or something similar.

The First commandment is "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." followed by number two which is "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image". I know plenty of Christians who interpret idol worship to be anything that gains more importance in their lives than God. It's preached almost unanimously across the denominations that God should be first and foremost in the Christian's life.

Islam is very similar in this regard. Any member of these faiths who does not hold this to be true, would not be considered a true believer by their brethren.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It's a bit like saying the LA riots were christian related because christians happened to be rioting. To this you could say 'HAHA but muslims are a minority in France, so that is highly significant, unlike christians in LA!' until you realize that not all french rioters were muslims and that a significant portion of people living in french banlieues are muslims, so it would just be weird if none were there in a banlieue riot! It was about being fed up of living in a shitty environment.

French author Maurice G. Dantec also fled France (to Canada) because of all the muslims. He is also an extreme right wing lunatic and self described 'christian sionist'. So we are at 'cool story bro' level unless you can make a parent of your childhood friend register to Rerolled.

In case it was not clear before by the way, the repartition (socially and geographically) of muslims in France is absolutely not homogeneous (a bit like afro-american in the USA), so if you can move from France to the USA, surely you can move from France to a part of France with almost no muslim. Also note that if your friend's father was an american christian missionary in a french banlieue, his proselytism (a literal 'holier than you' attitude) composed with rampant anti-americanism would have been a pretty horrible combo to deal with.
I am talking about people our age. Not my parents age. They are taking a break and trying again after a year off.

Saying that they could move to another part with no muslims because the muslims are that bad is just an excuse. You are saying that there is no problem with muslims while saying there is but they at least stick to their own neighborhoods when before you said they don't have their own neighborhoods.

My friends didn't go around with a holier than thou attitude. They took care of the people who professed to be Christian and welcomed them to bring their friends. They are the type of missionaries that believe in integration with the people and winning them over with real life and not just this preaching. She speaks fluent french and her husband is French born. Their kids were all born there in France.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Read up on OT vs NT brosephus. Please read a little before you start laying down judgements you know nothing about. There are a whole lot of intricacies to Christianity compared to Islam. They practice killing the infidel today in 2013.
Depending on the branch of Christianity - some weight OT very heavily. (For example all those against homosexuality - never mentioned in the NT, End of Days - not NT)