Black Widow (2020)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
what is it with Marvel casting women with no tits or asses? did they fucking learn nothing from Captain America? jesus christ. Marvel has been shitting the bed for 2 years now. when do we declare this shit over?
ddo7hih-659a50db-8d49-4e9b-b7ee-d05e4c375147.jpg

she doesnt even have fat girl tits. what a blimp.
in contrast to
captain-america-the-winter-soldier-scarlett-johansson-poster1.jpg

this is a captain america movie, why is black wid... you know what, it's ok i don't mind this movie poster

but now we get blue frigidaire

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm still struggling why in a superhero franchise I'm expected to give a fuck about a normal, albeit well-trained, superpowerless human.

Bewbs aside ofc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I'm still struggling why in a superhero franchise I'm expected to give a fuck about a normal, albeit well-trained, superpowerless human.

Bewbs aside ofc.

I know you're being facetious, but I liked her for her operational / tactical shit, and her "unique" style of fighting, whatever thats called. And they definitely upgraded her throughout the movies with alien technology weapons and all that. (god I soundl ike a faggot)

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know you're being facetious, but I liked her for her operational / tactical shit, and her "unique" style of fighting, whatever thats called. And they definitely upgraded her throughout the movies with alien technology weapons and all that. (god I soundl ike a faggot)

I accept all that but I've watched a bunch of stand alone movies like Hitman and enjoyed the hell out of them, probably will do with this, but I still have that thing about it being a lacklustre character. And a dead one at that. I mean, this movie should have come before she was snuffed out in Endgame and then we would have felt more teary.

I feel equally as uninspired by the Hawkeye series as well.

I suppose you could argue that Tony Stark was a normal guy as well but if through his genius he creates something to replicate superpowers then he crosses into that territory.

I know I'm rambling.

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider

Bewbs aside ofc.

It is somewhat ambiguous if Black Widow is enhanced. In the comics she does have some minor super powers. Maybe in this movie they will go in to what happened to her in the MCU version of The Red Room.

Do you hate Batman as well?

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
stark is a less trained, higher tech version of bruce wayne

stark/Iron Man - Tech based, with martial arts training (boxing is the only "martial arts" we see in the movies for stark)

Wayne/Batman - Tech Based, with martial arts training. as the years went on, it went from boxing to martial arts, to whatever ras al'ghul trained his men in.

well in MA movie theatres CAN open now........

• 1Garbage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I explained this once upon a time in the arrow thread. But the gist is that while a batman, arrow or black widow have no superhero powers, they are exceptionally strong/nimble for a regular human. I had some scale where i said a normal human is a 3 or 4 on a scale of 1 to 10 for strength. Batman would be at a ten and with his super detective skills it puts him at a 12 or 15. Him and BW are just tops for a human.

• 1Like

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
It is somewhat ambiguous if Black Widow is enhanced. In the comics she does have some minor super powers. Maybe in this movie they will go in to what happened to her in the MCU version of The Red Room.

If all Batman did was herp derp around while actual super heroes were flying around in outspace, shooting cosmic beams from their eyeballs, and bench pressing planet sized rocks constantly...yea it would be stupid.

Batman works in Gotham with equal (somewhat equal) playing field with the villain's and the level of power everyone has. Black Widow would also work in a military/spy type World, one where her backflips, luchadores leg grabs, and shooting people with guns, would all make sense.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

No, but that's generally because I consider Batman to exist in a universe where his main opponents are generally devoid of superpowers as well, or are fairly supervillian-lite. Appreciate when you consider him in the JLA universe though he suffers in the same way as Black Widow and Hawkeye and can appear redundant. In any situation where he is confronting someone like Darkseid there are huge allowances made to allow him to contribute. Such as some random code he has to break or a nod to his superior willpower, both of which are easily covered by Cyborg or the Green Lantern.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Isn't Black Widow the Soviet version of Captain America? But less powerful because vagina and all that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
comic Black Widow is serum enhanced, MCU Widow probably is not or else they would have made some reference to it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
from what i remember, black widow is serum enhanced just like nick fury. she's basically an olympic level athlete with a genius level intelligence and extended life span. she is by all definitions, a super spy. she works best as an intelligence agent, but when push comes to shove she's got enough training and shield gadgets to hold her own in most situations.

i never really minded her, especially when the stories focus on her being a spymaster. it's a byproduct of the MCU movies being generally focused on easily consumable summer blockbusters that she hasn't really had much to do, especially when you have people like thor, cap, hulk and ironman who are so flashy. black widow works best behind the scenes but then you don't see her and then people get upset that such a well known character gets no screen time.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why don't we debate if Hawkeye is enhanced since him and Natasha are supposed to be in the "normie" category of the Avengers and if one of them is enhanced the other is likely to be.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked Florence Pugh in the outlaw king. Even in shape, not sure how believable she is as an athletic super spy though. Its like Emilia Clarke being in action movies. She is just too small; she looks absurd doing stunts.

• 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Why don't we debate if Hawkeye is enhanced since him and Natasha are supposed to be in the "normie" category of the Avengers and if one of them is enhanced the other is likely to be.
hawkeye doesn't have any superpowers, he's just been trained as a marksman since a very young age. interestingly, he's the only (or one of the only )person who's reliably been able to throw cap's shield.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They made all the male avengers go on a roids regimen for ten years, but they can't make this fat bitch do a little cardio everyday?

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users