Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I mean Blizzard as we knew it is definitely dead, so the thread title is a bit of a misnomer

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
That character is supposed to become the new arbiter of the Shadowlands.

I played Shadowlands at release for about a month and quit almost exactly a year ago, but I'm certain that I played through the main story line of the expansion. I have exactly ZERO idea what the fuck is going on in this cinematic.

Who are these people? What are they doing? Why the fuck should I or my character care? I know there was only one, single content patch that's come out since Shadowlands started - did it really contain so much lore and new information that expanded upon whatever the fuck is going on?

My next-door neighbor's kid is 8yrs old, autistic, and a giant Sonic the Hedgehog fan - during our Halloween block party this year, he tried to explain the lore of the Sonic franchise to me for a solid ten minutes while all hopped up on candy. It made more sense and was a better story than this incomprehensible garbage.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I played Shadowlands at release for about a month and quit almost exactly a year ago, but I'm certain that I played through the main story line of the expansion. I have exactly ZERO idea what the fuck is going on in this cinematic.

Who are these people? What are they doing? Why the fuck should I or my character care? I know there was only one, single content patch that's come out since Shadowlands started - did it really contain so much lore and new information that expanded upon whatever the fuck is going on?

My next-door neighbor's kid is 8yrs old, autistic, and a giant Sonic the Hedgehog fan - during our Halloween block party this year, he tried to explain the lore of the Sonic franchise to me for a solid ten minutes while all hopped up on candy. It made more sense and was a better story than this incomprehensible garbage.
Story is segmented into each covenant, with some covenants being far more integral than the others. Kyrian probably having the biggest influence. Even after saying that, the story is still an incoherent mess that retcons shit at every corner. I dont even think Bellular and his affinity towards WoW Lore knows whats going on half the time and he actually reads the books. Which really makes me surprised more than just handful of people even give a shit about the "story" cause you cant get it all from the game to begin with.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Hell just look at the live action Cowboy Bebop if you wanna see butchered lore. This is what happens when you hire blue haired failure faggots who care about Woke. Honestly all SJWs should be purged of the workplace, ActiBliz should bail on Cali the shithole of all shitholes and republish new games by hiring based and redpilled salt of the earth Americans to make games.

Anyone who loves a franchise should be livid the moment a woke faggot comes near. Gay bashing should make a return.
It will. It will.

art tech GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Chappelles Show Lol GIF
Chappelles Show Lol GIF

This trainwreck just keeps going. Everytime you think it might be over another train crashes into this fucking pileup.

At some point Blizzard has to learn they are just smug retards and promoting MVPs or Community People has got to be the dumbest fucking thing they could ever do.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Once you left wokefags in once you lose everything, because you can never win with wokefags. Bliz new wokefag book isn't wokefag enough, it's racist.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Warcraft can't really recover from this, they already established that all the human kingdoms are White European and that fantasy (sometimes even beastial) races are everyone else.

There isn't enough room in Stanglethorn Vale for all the Africans, Asians and Native Americans to suddenly populate Stormwind.

So they are just going to have race scandals on twitter whenever SJWs want one because they can't go back and fix it without WoW2 remaking the game and gutting the lore.

They should have just left it alone and ignored the mentally ill.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
To be fair, Blizzard specifically didn't invite "content creators" to the community council, because those have their own soap box to speak from. Prosident specifically making a Discord and starting being a "content creator" around his council membership probably irked them, and they looked for a reason to kick them out as swiftly as possible.

And Twitter... well, Twitter is stupid as always.

More interestingly, a survey went out for people re-subscribing for 9.1 and then cancelling their subs. The questions are pretty telling:

-why did you not like the story?

-why did you not engage with torghast?

-did you find korthia boring?

-do you want cross class weapons/skills?

-do you want player housing?

-do you want deeper professions?

-do you want more emotes?

-did you stop playing for FFXIV?

-do you play assassins creed?

-did the negative press about blizzard effect your choice to play?

-are streamers negatively influencing your choice to play?

-was the story too complex/confusing?

-why did you not raid?

Why did you not raid? Ion wants to know!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Thead title needs to be changed.

It's dead.
Hell nah, we're entering the embarrassing community relations period that EQ had. This corpse will slop along the ground for years to come. And thankfully, as was the same when EQ entered this phase, I am more than content to watch from the sidelines.

I, for one, will eat the popcorn from the fires of this hell.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
"Does asmongold hurt your desire to play?"

No, that would be your gameplay design

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It annoys me how much companies and CEO's are getting shit on in todays age but no one wants to touch the fact that there's such a thing as shitty/useless employees.

Well, unless you are in government, good CEO's find ways to remove shitty employees. If you come to an interview with your pronouns, you're a garbage employee.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I think Blizzard PR is still in cognitive dissonance mode that streamers and youtubers can make or break a game.

Bellular had a funny story in his last podcast about how Blizzard signed them up for catch-up video guides, flew them to California only for them to be shoved into an Overwatch league event. Blizzard PR is full of incompetent people that are micromanaging shit and won't let any Blizzard developers talk frankly about anything.

This is why we have that stupid community council, and Blizzard PR is now running around like a headless chicken. For years they could do no wrong because the game was so good it sold itself. Net because of PR, but despite of it. Now that shit hit the fan it became blatantly obvious they have been incompetent, bumbling fools since ... forever.

EDIT: What "content creators" are still loyal to WoW? Talisien & Evitel, although she plays Endwalker while he rages on about bunny girls being literally hitler? Hazelnutty the bipolar cutty? Anyone else?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Watching Taliesin's descent into raging manchild the last year or two has been cathartic. His entire "brand" was the "reasonable, normal" guy

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
His entire "brand" was the "reasonable, normal" guy
You mean the "overly positive guy that gives everyone creepy vibes that he has a hobby of murdering hookers in his spare time."

Meanwhile in FFXIV:

1639940924373.jpeg

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users