Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (From the creator of Symphony of the Night)

sole

Molten Core Raider
Just started this, excellent game. Odds of playing SoTN again after I finish: 100%

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
damn...Directed Shield shard is nice. It blocks practically everything, including all the fireballs and fire pillars of the 8-bit nightmare boss lol

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I mean, it's a little weeby for a Vania game...

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I ended up platnuming this, it was more fun than I thought it would be. I didnt know, at the time of my post about it, that when you get a yellow shard up to rank 9 that it becomes permanent. I thought detective eye was bugging out on me with the ring being permanent and never gave it any thought.

Great game. 8.5/10

Siliconemelons

Lol BOO!

I posted rarely on the backer forums- but this was an actual discussion.

Being a fan of boobs and succubi I was like the only thing I posted on... They said they would "be true to the more sotn interpretation of the succubus" aka undercut corsette / topless... and other nekked sprites like the flower one etc.

They even talked about jiggle hehe

So... sad

Caliane

They should have had the succubi be dudes for Miriam, and naked chicks for Zangestsu.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

They should have had the succubi be dudes for Miriam, and naked chicks for Zangestsu.

Heh that would be cool, but your assuming their preferences!!

Lol, but now that I thought about this..

It was a very early thread on the backer forums- in relation to if they would be willing to do nudity/exposed boobs - nips no nips etc.

It came down to rating - they were going to see if they could get away with it staying "partial nudity" as they wanted to have their art be with sotn stuff etc.

Anywho...

Got some time to do "5%" more - and it's been fun- really enjoying the game.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
some dude on the nexus is adding nudity to certain monsters. vepar is the only one done so far, but he said he has plans for several others (the harpies and the succubi)

Siliconemelons

I have the ps4 version so I cannot just patch things... IGA should just do another kickstarter for a rated MA patch - it would get funded and then only available to those that "want it" and not a random toggle button that some innocent child will turn on and see evil boobies.

Anywho - this is a fun game... to me it seems a little "un-linear" in a non-good way, in a way of...where do I go? just keep "going forward" oh okay...sure..

So far I am on the fence about how "well" the castle is put together, SOTN is generally the measure of that - with AoS and HoD imo close to that in well progressive "stages" and "logical" castle makeup.

it is however way better than any non AAA game's layout so that is good, but it also was expected. It may get better.

The visuals are amazing - sometimes the backgrounds are just too much and its like "dang! its just a background" - the 3D "towers" and "turns" are cool and well done, so I like that.

Demon cat is hilarious.

Caliane

A thread on reddit about some of the games problems, since most of us are just talking the game up. I'm pretty sure most of these are fairly popular opinions actually.

a_bunch_of_unpopular_opinons_i_want_to_know_if

The games difficulty is a stickler for me. I'm actually pretty shitty at these games... and even I think its a bit easy, on default "normal". Weapons and shards in the game basically range from totally useless, to completely broken, with little to no in between. And the ratio is not even "rare" for the good stuff.. Like 40%/5%/55% for useless/ok/OP.

There is a throwback "cheatcode" that anyone that is not a game journalist, should probably use to unlock hard and nightmare right away.
Start a new game, enter "NIGHTMARE" in caps, as the save file name. This unlocks, hard and nightmare right away.

p.s. there are other codes as well.

You could of course create your own challenge, but just not using the OP stuff. "katana only run", "boots only run" etc.

Last edited:

Fippy Darkpaw

Molten Core Raider
Some friends wouldn't stop gushing about this so I picked it up. Having a lot of fun with it (I'm maybe 7 hours in), but damn is it easy. I wish I would have known about the cheat code to unlock difficulties before I started. I play a bunch of Metroidvania games and this is the easiest I've played in a long time (having just recently played Hollow Knight doesn't help).

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I cannot get passed the first boss. I really REALLY suck.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I cannot get passed the first boss. I really REALLY suck.
On the ship or the samurai dude? Ship I beat first try, but Zangetsu gave me some trouble for a bit.

I will say that I regret getting this on Xbox. I don't even know why I chose Xbox, but as much as I love my elite controller, I would prefer to use the PS4 controller on this. I want to use the d-pad and it just feels odd using the d-pad for extended periods on the Xbox controller.

Caliane

lol. I think it took me 3 or 4 tries for the boat girl. and another 4-5 for Zangetsu. Bloodless 2 tries I think. everyone easy 1 shot. And I did start cheesing with heretical grinder after bloodless.

on normal. And honestly, I never did figure out the fish girls patterns. At that point, there was def a bit of , "I dont know what is hitting me." bg tentacles part of the fight or not?

Siliconemelons

yeah I am at "twin dragons" now - and it is taking me a few tries - I am sure I will get it with the combo of grinder and book sheild... but it is more difficult than the flying jumpy silver duder - that I just cheesed and was like "bah guess i got OP stuff..." then I get to the dragons and they eat my tits off.

I would say to me the normal difficulty is actually where it should be... I have not face rolled anything yet...died once to the silver guy even lol