Borderlands 3

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My main question is, will Epic Store player be able to play with Steam store players on BL3, once it comes out on Steam. If not, I might just pirate and wait for Steam.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
My main question is, will Epic Store player be able to play with Steam store players on BL3, once it comes out on Steam. If not, I might just pirate and wait for Steam.
If not that would be absolutely retarded and I just can't imagine Gearbox or any PC company would be that stupid.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I dont use any of those features anyway. -shrug-

Even if those features aren't important to you, Valve has generally shown itself to be favourable to consumers (e.g. refunds) and generally respectful of privacy while Epic through both exclusives and its data slurping has not.

Its also generally annoying to have to manage multiple stores, track where you purchased shit a couple years ago, etc. etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Epic's leadership with cross-platform support... what the holy fuck is he talking about?
Not caught up with the thread yet, but I’m case nobody answered, Fortnite is the first game to ever force Sony into allowing cross platform (or rather, non-Sony platforms) multiplayer. Not sure if they’ve done the same with any other games yet.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why wouldn't they? PC is the platform and 2k/Gearbox will be handling the servers, not Steam or Epic.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Why wouldn't they? PC is the platform and 2k/Gearbox will be handling the servers, not Steam or Epic.

Depends. Previously connections was off of your Steams friend list. Also servers were hosted by players when they made games because of the ability to play solo, then have friends jump in etc.

So i think this could very well be an issue that people are concerned about if they keep it this way. Because of modding and other things that can be done this way, I think it should be kept this way too and don't see why it shouldn't be either. But if friends want to join you, the game needs to interface with a platform of some kind for a friends list.

Wage

Molten Core Raider
Looks like it is going to have cross platform co-op. If a 6 month Epic store exclusive is the price to pay to play with my Xbros and PS4bros, I am glad to do it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Even if those features aren't important to you, Valve has generally shown itself to be favourable to consumers (e.g. refunds) and generally respectful of privacy while Epic through both exclusives and its data slurping has not.

Its also generally annoying to have to manage multiple stores, track where you purchased shit a couple years ago, etc. etc.

I wont be asking for a refund for Borderlands 3

And what? I play games on Origin, uPlay, Steam...it's never been an annoyance to track purchases. "Oh, I play this game on this launcher" -goes to purchase history-, oh look there it is" That stance is less than flimsy.

• 1Salty
  • 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Depends. Previously connections was off of your Steams friend list. Also servers were hosted by players when they made games because of the ability to play solo, then have friends jump in etc.

So i think this could very well be an issue that people are concerned about if they keep it this way. Because of modding and other things that can be done this way, I think it should be kept this way too and don't see why it shouldn't be either. But if friends want to join you, the game needs to interface with a platform of some kind for a friends list.
Hm, true, I had forgotten about peer-2-peer connections.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Epic could have made this free by taking 5 seconds of Fortnight profits to pay for it.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been playing BL2 and I will say the texture pack does make a difference.

As far as exclusives, not really sure how it affects me since I almost never buy games day 1. My preference is always going to be Steam because of the size of the library I got there.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Everyone should pirate it anyway to make Randy Pitchford eat crow.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Why do I hate Randy Pitchford, again? Alien game?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
he's a pedo?
Image result for shocked guy gif

• 1Worf

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Allegedly, iirc. Although his "defense" wasn't particularily reassuring. Also some shit about scamming money, or being scammed of money, or both I forgot. Shitshow from a couple years ago iirc.

Unless the game is super super good, I'll just wait, not so much because I care about the Epic shit, but because everytime I have to buy some GOTY edition with 25DLCs to play the whole thing later on anyway, so I'll just skip and play later. Like I did with the presequel, which I bought a few days ago in the megapack with the BL2 DLCs that I also hadn't played, so I'll be playing both at some point in the future, when I have time for it. Buying games new is really when I'm hyped about the game AND I have time, which rarely happens. I still haven't played Nier, Nioh, the new Tales or Sekiro for example, probably will catch up some during the summer... If FFXIV doesn't devour all my time.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks for saving me 60 eurobucks fuckers, I'll get it from TPB store.

• 1Like