Boston Marathon Explosion - Today's Topics: Public Schools

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
"Can white people say American Inventor?"

Few will know the awkwardness of the time I took a black history class I was the only white person in the class. We where watching roots at the part where they where whipping kunta kinte. The whole class of black people was laughing but I just couldn't laugh at that.
You went to one seriously fucked up school if they found that funny.

gn0me_sl

shitlord
Dude, our whole class thought the American Inventor whipping scene was funny, too. This was in like sixth grade. We were all white kids from Jesusland, though.

Tral_sl

shitlord
I was right around the corner from the first explosion. Didn't sound at all like an explosion - I figured, at worst, that a piece of scaffolding had collapsed or something. I ran closer to find out what happened and if I could help. By that time they had more than enough first responders on the scene, so they were just clearing people out. I walked right by where they found one of the unexploded devices.

Fuck.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
There were no unexploded devices, just the two. (update from this morning)

Also, if you have any shred of faith in humanity left, reading user comments on cnn will cure that. For example, the argument that today's godless society is more violent than the good ole days because of our lack of Jesus (despite statistical fact to the contrary) is currently raging under the heartbreaking article about a dead 8 year old boy pictured holding a hand drawn sign with a peace symbol on it.

Only moslims and atheists do bad things, duh.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So in all likelihood they wanted to hit the finishers (or maybe the Sandy Hook guests?) for more publicity and may have had issues getting around security, it would seem. If they were spotted by local close circuit cameras, they are likely as good as caught with all the ones around there.

gn0me_sl

shitlord
With advanced facial and pattern recognition technology put to use on the thousands upon thousands of images taken at or near the finish line and deep trawling of internet/email/phone records they will get this guy pretty damn quick.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
521918_545858572146886_579617302_n.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I know that place. Do not want.
Yeah it's almost 90% dumpster babies. I went there a few years ago and there was this chick Lee or Leah or something. Perfect body with a huge ass and titties, but the rest were terrible. They call it the pigs inn for a reason.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Good god. If you people dont think this was an inside job do I have some sad news for you. It was.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Hey CNN, I'm not one to tell you how to do your job, but:
Discussing how awful the Boston bombing was, how terrifying/horrific/tragic/etc is not news.
Hearing what Mitt Romney's son has to say about it is not news.
Showing excerpts of Conan O'Brien and Tom Bergeron "taking a moment" to acknowledge the bombing is not news.
Showing a montage of headlines from newspapers about the bombings is not news.
People's Facebook and Twitter posts are not news.
A picture of the deceased 8 year old from two years ago holding a sign for a peace walk that says "No more hurting people" is not only not news, it is the most blatantly emotionally manipulative and distasteful pandering I've seen yet. Shame on you, CNN.
I understand events like this hit people hard, but instead of pandering to people's emotions by milking everything you can from this story, you can demonstrate responsible journalism and continue to cover the rest of the newsworthy events taking place around the world. In the meantime, I have to worry about who's benefiting from stories that aren't being reported on, something more likely to have an effect on all our lives than yet another nutjob with a bomb.

And don't take this to mean I don't care about the bombing victims. My heart goes out to the families of the dead and the injured, but CNN is not the place for exploiting emotions. We have Facebook for that.

- Slightly modified version of what I put on Facebook. Rustled one person's jimmies, got the support of 5 others. Popularity win for me!