Breaking Bad

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think they are ending the show too early right when its become popular, which is likely why they broke it up into 2 seasons for maximum milkage. im not saying they should draw the show out longer, because that can kill a show the same as ending it too short. im just saying i think they sped up the process of ending the story too quickly. i would have liked to have seen more walt/jesse survival puzzle scenarios or hell even more jesse and mike scenarios. they killed mike off way too soon IMO. i hope gillgan has another great show up his sleeve to replace the epic one he is ending so quickly.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
While I absolutely love the show, I'm a little annoyed with AMC's choice in releasing a half season (8 episodes) on Blu-Ray calling it the full season, for the full price. Looks like I'm going to need another Blu-ray set now for the 2nd half of season 5.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't think they're ending it too soon personally. I love the show but it's following a pretty natural timeline and I think they may have stretched it out a bit already. Everyone can see that something is going to have to happen that will make Walt completely change course or he's going to have to go down in flames. I think if they tried to get 2 or 3 or 4 more seasons out of it the story would just more and more over the top until it wasn't a good show anymore.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Walt is supposed to finish the series at his absolute lowest point in life. That's what they've said from the beginning. At first he was a science teacher that needed some money, but he progresses into a criminal mastermind.

My guess is the final episode (or maybe 1 before), he'll have ostracized everyone from his life and he will die alone.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure how you can say that, without the finale even releasing yet. Have ye no faith?

I expect by the end of this 8 episode run, we will all be hailing the show as a contender for the best of all time. I believe giving Gilligan an entire year to come up with an amazing 8 episode series finale will pay off.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah bro, I don't know how you could say that. After Gus died we had had some epic tv moments. The first half of this season as a whole was amazing, probably the best yet from this show. And then to cap it off with Hank's "Holy shit..." face, that was fucking EPIC.

Bergraven_sl

shitlord
I suppose i have little faith in hollywood doing the right thing. Don't get me wrong, I still love the show and will be there August 11th waiting to see what happens next, but I don't see how the season ending can be more epic than the Gusplosion. It felt like it was the perfect ending to the show and a great way to wrap up the series. He ends up being the badass he always was, pieces his family back together, has his nest egg he always wanted and rides off into the sunset like a boss with no one none the wiser. Guess we'll have to wait and find out. I hope I'm wrong.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't see how this show could have a happy ending. Walt's going down.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Everyone expects Walt to go down, and this show has been built on being unpredictable.

I don't know what to think.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the big downer unexpected ending would be, is that walt sees everyone he cares about die and meanwhile hes just fine. his cancer is in remission and he has boatloads of cash. he then screams and picks up the handgun he used to accidentally kill a loved one and then he shoots himself. fade to black.

iannis

Musty Nester
The really edgy thing to do would be to have Hank shoot Walt in the face the 1st episode, then you have the other 5-6 where it's just Skylar going to the carwash and crying.

Edgy. As. Fuck.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love the show, but it really should have ended after Gus died. It would have been the best ending to a great series.
As fantastic as that episode was, I think ending there would've been like they cut Walt's story short. Gus wasn't just an adversary, but a roadblock. Up until that point, Walt was on his way up but almost always under someone else's thumb. Being the kingpin has been what Walt was working towards, so I would've felt a little robbed if the show ended before Walt achieved that, particularly since we know that is likely to result in an even bigger downfall for him at the end.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i think Bryan Cranston said that the ending is what he wanted during his reddit AMA.

he wanted Walt to die.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't think a happy ending was really ever in it for Walt. What I want to see is whether or not he ends up killing Jesse. I've regarded Jesse as the tragic figure of the show for a long time now and it's his story I want to see the conclusion of more than Walt's.

iannis

Musty Nester
Walts been a dead man walking since he was diagnosed with lung cancer, so Walt dying is a given. The questions there are only will it be onscreen or offscreen, will it be a violent adversarial shootout or will he suffocate alone in his bed?

Jesse is the much more interesting part. Walt could kill Jesse any number of ways for any number of reasons, Walts enemies could kill Jesse, Walt could give Jesse all of his money as an act of contrition (that would be a very Walt-y to do as Walt realizes the imminence of his own death), Jesse could survive unscathed but largely unchanged, Jesse could GTFO and set up shop for himself somewhere else becoming a kinder gentler Walt, Jesse could GTFO and decide to go work down at the Best Buy, Hank could flip Jesse with threats of 30 years of American Inventorcock assrape, or Jesse could just straight up go to jail and never pass go.

The show got good when Jesse got interesting. And his story -- who the fuck knows. They wanted to kill him off after season1, after all.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
If the writer was interested in any social commentary--Walt should win unscathed. I have never understood the need, in cinema, to have the "bad guy" lose. I hate to tell these people, but the kingpin's, or the "big" "bad guys" rarely lose in the real world.