Butthurt white guys, an Asian virgin and an angry lesbian walk into a bar...

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I DID get embarrassed... for you. But since your "technique" is simply "guns blazing, all the time, never admit any fault", here's another question for you to ignore like the cowering pussy you are: What exactly is my "ideology"?
rrr_img_130614.jpg

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
But these ideas should be openly mocked because inevitably, fragments of crazy fringe ideas end up in mainstream discourse.Manspreading, for example
The people you're mocking don't reconsider their beliefs because they're being mocked. In fact, people tend to react to being mocked by doubling down, since they feel they're being attacked and don't see "giving in" as an option. People who are on the fence or simply observing don't learn anything from the mockery either, since they see a bunch of obnoxious condescending jackasses and justifiably believe these people aren't a good source for the real story. The only people who benefit from this mocking are the people doing it, in that it boosts their pathetic egos. Otherwise, mocking people offers zero benefits at all to society, and as many times I hear otherwise here, I cringe every time. That kind of self-delusion has no place in any rational discourse, but here we are anyway.

But since you mention it, "manspreading" has bugged the shit out of me since decades before the term even existed. What the fuck is so hard about having a little common courtesy when you're in a situation with limited seating space? If I'm on a bus with more people than empty seats, OF COURSE I'm going to refrain from spreading my legs apart, because that's the DECENT FUCKING THING TO DO. I'm far less offended that some people chose to bring this to public attention than I am by those who try to justify being an asshole with shit like "But there's no other way to sit without crushing my monster balls!" Besides, has the mocking helped at all? We see more "crazy fringe ideas" every day, dude. If anything, being mocked is helping these people get their ideas into the mainstream. Streisand effect, anyone?

iannis

Musty Nester
Restrict yourself to between one and five lines, tan.

You can't handle six. If you can't make the point in five lines then you don't have a point. Lines six through n are for support, context, and nuance. Three things which you seem to confuse with actually having a point.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
This is why you don't talk directly to the cuckwheat. It just ends up in the same pointless circles he likes to argue in.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
He's just no true scotsman'ing feminism right now anyway. It's not like it's anything worth replying to.

Feminists say stupid shit. We come mock it. BUT GUYZ THATS NOT REAL FEMINISM

ignore

Jive Turkey

Karen
The people you're mocking don't reconsider their beliefs because they're being mocked. In fact, people tend to react to being mocked by doubling down, since they feel they're being attacked and don't see "giving in" as an option. People who are on the fence or simply observing don't learn anything from the mockery either, since they see a bunch of obnoxious condescending jackasses and justifiably believe these people aren't a good source for the real story. The only people who benefit from this mocking are the people doing it, in that it boosts their pathetic egos. Otherwise, mocking people offers zero benefits at all to society, and as many times I hear otherwise here, I cringe every time. That kind of self-delusion has no place in any rational discourse, but here we are anyway.
The mockery of the anti-vaccine movement and pseudoscience alternative medicine movement has done a great deal to push them back from the mainstream in recent years. When younger people grow up thinking of these ideas as a joke, they're less likely to perpetuate the bullshit

But since you mention it, "manspreading" has bugged the shit out of me since decades before the term even existed. What the fuck is so hard about having a little common courtesy when you're in a situation with limited seating space? If I'm on a bus with more people than empty seats, OF COURSE I'm going to refrain from spreading my legs apart, because that's the DECENT FUCKING THING TO DO. I'm far less offended that some people chose to bring this to public attention than I am by those who try to justify being an asshole with shit like "But there's no other way to sit without crushing my monster balls!" Besides, has the mocking helped at all? We see more "crazy fringe ideas" every day, dude. If anything, being mocked is helping these people get their ideas into the mainstream. Streisand effect, anyone?
You know you're intentionally mischaracterizing the horseshit behind manspreading. There are pictures all over the web shaming men for sitting with the slightest spread in their legs when there isnobody else sitting near them. And every time I read the term, I look down and sure enough, my legs are apart. It's a natural way of sitting for most men. And you also know about the pseudo-psycho analysis the feminists employ to explain manspreading as a subconscious attempt to assert dominance over women. It's a complete fabrication. And women spread their shit out too.

Also, if you think the streisand effect is in anyway applicable here, you're wrong

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
And every time I read the term, I look down and sure enough, my legs are apart. It's a natural way of sitting for most men.
Not for Tan, you have to actually have balls to feel discomfort.

Jokes aside, the hypocrisy of manspreading is unreal; one chick who participated in one of those free bleed campaigns was arguing about this. She actually let her period stain her pants (Tricked by a fucking 4chan hashtag LOL) to make a point that she should have complete control over her body. When a guy told her there was no reason for that, that it was more sanitary to use modern products, she grew enraged and said he can't know what's comfortable for HER body...Meanwhile, a few months later she is arguing with men who say they experience discomfort when having to close their legs for long periods of time, trying to explain to them that 'testicles don't work like that'.

The people you're mocking don't reconsider their beliefs because they're being mocked. In fact, people tend to react to being mocked by doubling down, since they feel they're being attacked and don't see "giving in" as an option. People who are on the fence or simply observing don't learn anything from the mockery either, since they see a bunch of obnoxious condescending jackasses and justifiably believe these people aren't a good source for the real story. The only people who benefit from this mocking are the people doing it, in that it boosts their pathetic egos.
You realize shame is an evolutionary tactic that prospered because it ishighly effective at controlling group behavior, right? This entire point is bullshit. And not just your run of the mill bullshit, it directly contradicts observed reality and testing. Even other primate groups, like Bonobos and lower still, like Baboons illustrate strong shaming behavior to curtail bad behaviors in groups.

I'm sure you looked up cognitive dissonance because we make fun of you for it all the time and made up this bullshit from that wiki page to sound extra super duper smart. But you missed the key aspect of that--that it only works in certain conditions where you have a decent enough population of backers. If enough people mock you? It stops working unless you develop a cult. Mocking bad ideas is absolutelyessentialin a functioning society; sometimes it goes too far and is bullying, and as the first article says, that is very damaging. However, in the correct amounts? It's needed to prevent bad behaviors and ideas. In our well meaning fervor to end bullying (Which was a good thing), we accidently classified any challenging thoughts or light mockery for bad ideas into 'harassment' and 'bullying'--this is the result. Censorship, people openly stating extremely racist or sexist rhetoric (Kill all men, I hate whites), and a host of terrible ideas (Glacier science=sexist) that grow more radical and are fostered because everyone is afraid to say 'no, that's fucking stupid'.

Well, it seems we're just about done with that, thank goodness. So welcome to the new world, Tan. Let me join in the glorious new shitlord chorus to say, you're ideas are fucking stupid.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Restrict yourself to between one and five lines, tan.

You can't handle six. If you can't make the point in five lines then you don't have a point. Lines six through n are for support, context, and nuance. Three things which you seem to confuse with actually having a point.
Maybe Twitter is more your style?

The mockery of the anti-vaccine movement and pseudoscience alternative medicine movement has done a great deal to push them back from the mainstream in recent years. When younger people grow up thinking of these ideas as a joke, they're less likely to perpetuate the bullshit
Wrong. The anti-vaccine and alternative medicine movements were crippled by actual science that proved them to be shams. Also, despite their intentions, these movements cause actual harm. People stopped paying attention to them not because they observed them being ridiculed, but because they LEARNED that it was bullshit and harmful.

You know you're intentionally mischaracterizing the horseshit behind manspreading. There are pictures all over the web shaming men for sitting with the slightest spread in their legs when there isnobody else sitting near them. And every time I read the term, I look down and sure enough, my legs are apart. It's a natural way of sitting for most men. And you also know about the pseudo-psycho analysis the feminists employ to explain manspreading as a subconscious attempt to assert dominance over women. It's a complete fabrication. And women spread their shit out too.

Also, if you think the streisand effect is in anyway applicable here, you're wrong
I'm not mischaracterizing anything. Guys who think they have a right to 3 seats so they can be extra-comfortable have existed since LONG before SJWs. It's just because it's en vogue to be anti-SJW that everyone has to try to make a federal case out of anything any of them say.

Also, I strongly disagree that anti-SJWs aren't to a large degree responsible for the extra attention and influence SJWs are getting. Not because they're necessarily wrong in their criticism of SJWs, mind you, but because they choose to rely on condescension and derision instead of legitimate criticism to make their "point". Again (again, again), this ONLY WORKS ON PEOPLE WHO ALREADY AGREE WITH YOU. Everyone else will think you're an asshole (and be correct in their assertion).

You realize shame is an evolutionary tactic that prospered because it ishighly effective at controlling group behavior, right? This entire point is bullshit. And not just your run of the mill bullshit, it directly contradicts observed reality and testing. Even other primate groups, like Bonobos and lower still, like Baboons illustrate strong shaming behavior to curtail bad behaviors in groups.
Yeah, GROUP BEHAVIOR. As in, if you're hanging out with a group and they make fun of you for something, you're going to change your behavior so you can maintain your status IN THAT GROUP. All of that goes out the window on the internet, where it's usually one group mocking another group or individual. Since their behavior is already accepted and encouraged by their own group, being ridiculed by others just makes those others look like assholes and actually REINFORCES said behavior.

You spin rhetoric like a politician, Lith. You take "facts" and distort and misrepresent them in order to shape a narrative, and you substitute arrogance and condescension for logic and reason. You mistakenly believe simplyactinglike you've made your point is as good as having made a cogent argument, and it's getting more obvious every time you get called out on your bullshit. It's OK, Lith. Everyone's human.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
People getting moons to write buttmad novels in this thread that i will never read

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I like Thomas the Tank Engine. The most useful mother fucker is a Spanish Dude. He fixes all the other engines.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Sometimes I wish I was still in College just so I could troll the fuck outta these harpies.