Butthurt white guys, an Asian virgin and an angry lesbian walk into a bar...

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
MIT Office of the Provost, Institutional Research

Oh wait, here's that data. Looks like cohort graduation rates are actually even higher for the female students. So the idea that they're letting in all these unqualified female applicants to make up quotas is bunk.

Any elite school is only going to admit those students most likely to graduate. Their graduation rates are one of their most touted statistics.

Jensae

Molten Core Raider

Oh wait, here's that data. Looks like cohort graduation rates are actually even higher for the female students. So the idea that they're letting in all these unqualified female applicants to make up quotas is bunk.

Any elite school is only going to admit those students most likely to graduate. Their graduation rates are one of their most touted statistics.
Unless, you know, they're pushing them through to graduate, giving passing grades when they aren't deserved. No, that never happens...

Or stated another way, graduation rates are just as poor metrics as application rates. I could counter-retort that the number of women working/succeeding in the professional world is the only "true" metric worth looking at, but it would be just as absurd as your stipulation of which metric is most important.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Unless, you know, they're pushing them through to graduate, giving passing grades when they aren't deserved. No, that never happens...
Got anyfactsthat's happening to any statistically significant degree?
Or stated another way, graduation rates are just as poor metrics as application rates. I could counter-retort that the number of women working/succeeding in the professional world is the only "true" metric worth looking at, but it would be just as absurd as your stipulation of which metric is most important.
Your logic sucks. MIT makes heavy use of objective examinations.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Mist_sl said:
Got anyfactsthat's happening to any statistically significant degree?
Got anyfactsthat there's a rape epidemic on college campuses happening to any statistically significant degree?

Just checking to see if the cognitive dissonance has cleared up yet or not. Your argument is valid about admissions, but so is the other one about campus rape.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've never said there's a rape epidemic. I've said that there's an environment that encourages false, sensational rape claims and discourages actual victims from coming forward. And I demonstrated logically how that environment came to be, many, many times.

The fact that you don't have the reading comprehension to understand that isn't my problem.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think a hot take should be when you bang on the stove while preparing a meal in the oven below.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well it's kind of funny given that in the past people would sometimes pretend to be white guys to get published.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

The most likely answer is that most of the people male or female who apply to MIT are qualified and have acceptable numbers. Admission fees aren't cheap.

The school targets a 50/50 ratio of male to female and achieves it by admitting 50/50 males to females, all of whom are qualified.

However, if the admissions process were gender-blind, the ratio would not be 50/50 due to the disparity in applications.

None of this is complicated logic.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Did you kiss any of them? Everyone knows kissing is where it crosses into romance.

e0CuCBL.jpg