Call of Duty 2020: Black Ops Cold War

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Coming from CS & Valorant the aim assist thing is kind of lame but I can usually out aim the controller players anyways except for super close range where its harder to track perfectly w/o the AA. Usually use the AK47 or the Blue XM4 you get from the battle pass. That thing has virtually zero recoil, even at long range, with all the attachments. You give it the +150% damage range barrel and its like shooting fish in a barrel.

Lunis#11274 on battle.net if anyone wants to play.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just watched the same dude's I reported and got banned a week+ ago in Plunder on new accounts cheating in Huskerrs game. And then when he went to block them he scrolled down to the bottom of his list from like a month ago and that dude's old account was on there.

Seems their IP/HWID bans don't do anything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Going ham until they are gone lmao.

also

i added you i cant tell if you are getting it so add me

Lunis Lunis on bnet regime#1315

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've stopped playing since the Mac and Cheeze shit started. Just playing Tarkov. Curious how they specifically balance the DMR and T63. I'm guessing massive recoil and sniper ammunition. The Mac10 probably just needs a range reduction and maybe fatter spray. The pistols can get fucked like every other dual setup they had.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I've stopped playing since the Mac and Cheeze shit started. Just playing Tarkov. Curious how they specifically balance the DMR and T63. I'm guessing massive recoil and sniper ammunition. The Mac10 probably just needs a range reduction and maybe fatter spray. The pistols can get fucked like every other dual setup they had.
Yeah, everything will be complete ass and its back to amex and mp5. The pistols out of everything are the worst I would say. I dont even have the akimbo unlocked and its 100% op. Just the 29 round mag on it is just fucking nasty.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, everything will be complete ass and its back to amex and mp5.
Fucking snooze fest if it returns to that. How about buffing the Krig xm4, Stoner or something.

Krig is alright but not great .

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
The meta before it wasn't AWFUL. There were Amex, Kilos, and even some weirdos using RAM and Grau's. I saw probably 75% Kilo's as the Amex is good but a 45 clip is rough for quads. The MP5 part of that meta was shit though. No other SMG came close (except the R-9 shotgun garbage they thankfully fixed). I missed the days of running an MP7/HDR and being at least competitive. It's all meta focused now with no one willing to switch weapons if it's 5% worse than any other.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The meta before it wasn't AWFUL. There were Amex, Kilos, and even some weirdos using RAM and Grau's. I saw probably 75% Kilo's as the Amex is good but a 45 clip is rough for quads. The MP5 part of that meta was shit though. No other SMG came close (except the R-9 shotgun garbage they thankfully fixed). I missed the days of running an MP7/HDR and being at least competitive. It's all meta focused now with no one willing to switch weapons if it's 5% worse than any other.

Yeah that’s why I’m saying maybe make some of these new guns decent instead. I’ll run Grau if it goes back to AR. I like the amax but I just can beam with that grau. It’s the recoil pattern I like.

• 1Like

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would love if they just had the game without loadouts. Make perks findable on the map and done. Solves all issues and then it comes down to a bit of luck I suppose but so much more variety in playstyles.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I would love if they just had the game without loadouts. Make perks findable on the map and done. Solves all issues and then it comes down to a bit of luck I suppose but so much more variety in playstyles.
Fully agree, some of my best shots are from a ground loot green kar or whatever. It just cant go back to blackout, it was janky and after a few buildings you were maxed out on weapon attachments to make it perfect.

Cybsled

I like loadouts because they are one of the few ways to equalize your power vs. other players, which helps guard against shitty RNG (all you find is shit ground loot).

Other reasons:

1) They are highly visible, allowing you to locate other squads, which leads to engagement
2) The freebie loadouts lead to engagements when multiple drop in the same spot - you have to weight the RvR in those situations
3) They reward staying alive - dying means you either have to get another loadout, or pickup whatever you can find on the field. You aren't guaranteed to keep your loadout forever.
4) Allows for off-meta builds, which can lead to "sleeper metas". What if I like using crossbows? Or some funky gun build? The only way you're getting that is loadouts. Ground loot is going to be whatever the fuck the devs decide ground loot will be, attachments and all. While that makes for "predictable" metas in any given season, it also takes away player agency in driving the meta vs. the developers forcing the meta (balance issues aside).

Xevy

Log Wizard
Loadouts are what made this game different from any other BR (outside Realm Royale). Choosing your weapons to commit to with no looting RNG was a big pull to the game. HOWEVER their balance between guns is so dogshit that the whole squad idea of shotgun guy and sniper guy and AR guy and SMG guy all being valid is shit on. So there's no variety, it's just meta rifle and meta SMG for everyone to compete.

A no loadout LTP would be cool, but again some of the ground weapons range from compelely decent like a blue K98 to absolutely dogshit like most of the legendary rifles and smgs. But at that point it's not Warzone anymore it's just new graphics PUBG with faster less tactical play and some gizmos.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Finished campaign last night, leveling up MAC10 and M16 in multiplayer still. Still really enjoying just plain old multiplayer in this game for some reason, though I'd say the skill levels I've seen are... interesting. I'm a very average FPS player and am usually on top in my matches which makes me think I just haven't levelled enough to get into the "good" brackets. Does this generally work like Overwatch or something similar?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Finished campaign last night, leveling up MAC10 and M16 in multiplayer still. Still really enjoying just plain old multiplayer in this game for some reason, though I'd say the skill levels I've seen are... interesting. I'm a very average FPS player and am usually on top in my matches which makes me think I just haven't levelled enough to get into the "good" brackets. Does this generally work like Overwatch or something similar?
yes what you are experiencing is SBMM. Once your KD rises to a certain point you will thrown into lobbies based around only your KD and higher. New accounts get a pass up to a certain point.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dmr nerf didnt do shit. Tad squirrely at 150m but still doable
You can definitely feel it. I just murked some fools but I got into a dual with a m13 user at about 100 and they put me down. Sub 100 its great which is majority of our fights right. I am still going to run it over amax/grau for now.

Now that it's been nerfed Xevy Xevy will use it. He loves using guns after a nerf lol.

• 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pretty much. I used the Grau for about 2 weeks during it's heyday and it was fucking ridiculous. I went from instantly dying to guys all over to killing anyone I saw including people flying in from Gulag. I used the Kilo for the most part during that meta and it was good because it wasn't THAT much better than the other guns and you still had to control recoil on MKB so I didn't feel as bad. I've only used the DMR in Plunder because that meta was so fucking bad and the hacking was outrageous that I certainly didn't want to be where the two met the most.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
It is really nice hearing those dmr shots miss you while running between A and B, yesterday those would have landed. The nerf hurt the people that were shit and auto aim isnt working so well for them.