Call of Duty Black Ops 4

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As far as guns go here's what I've had luck with so far.

MX9 - Absolute king in close and close medium combat. Anything farther then 2 blocks and your ARs gonna work better.
VAPR/KN9 - Probably the best guns all around. ICR also up here as well. KN9 feels stronger to me now then VAPR, i think they might've nerfed VAPR from beta.
Cordite - Feels a lot better then in beta. Not the best gun, but I wouldn't pass it up fully modded either.
Any sniper feels good. I've had great success with the new Outlaw. Paladin's are usually one shot kills.
Shotguns feel like shotguns in this game. You won't one shot people from medium range barring lucky headshots. But you mess somebody up catching them in a doorway or whatever.

Stay away from the Maddox and Auger. At least I have had pretty bad luck with these weapons.

Some tricks I stole from IGN that I figured most people didn't know.
-You can shoot the supply drop plane before it drops to get an early drop (think you have to use a rocket launcher)
-You can stick sensor darts on vehicles to have a moving radar
-You can load up those mobile defense systems (forget the name right now) onto vehicles to get some anti rocket defenses.
-Sprint and jump off high places and hold jump to deploy wing suit

Cybsled

Barricades are also great to put on the tops of stairs around corners in popular spots. I've scored some kills at lighthouse by people dying to the microwave beam after running into it blindly.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I have yet to play an online CoD game, and the massive pricetag for "Standard" is what makes me not want to go near it.

What's the difference between all the different versions? This is why AAA is hated on...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I have yet to play an online CoD game, and the massive pricetag for "Standard" is what makes me not want to go near it.

What's the difference between all the different versions? This is why AAA is hated on...

zero difference for battle royale mode. the various versions give you the battle pass which is ONLY for zombies and regular multiplayer, they do nothing for BR. So if all you wanna play is BR, just find the cheapest you can. For example if you have GCU you can get it at best buy for $48+tax, if you had preordered it was $38+tax. I'm sure there will be sales at GMG, etc for it too. Also if you have a friend who plays wow I think they can buy it with wow gold.

Best time to play is now imo, people are getting better and better at battle royale and on PC soon its gonna be a lot of god players who know exactly what guns and attachments to get, what areas to go to first, what tricks to use to get the drop, etc. Thats if you are a huge BR fan, if you aren't I don't think you really need to play this over free fortnite.

the multiplayer (seperate from battle royale) is fun, if you like the COD style of fast deaths, fast respawns, limited team play, small halls, etc. Some people HATE that style and prefer battlefield or R6 or CS:Go style or Overwatch tactical play, this is far left of TF2's "run gun and die" style. Zombies is also really cool if you are into horde mode, survival style (optional co-op) PVE and thats where all the PVE is and really bulked out for this launch.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
My only gripe for the time being is the weapons arent visually different enough. Its hard to see what youre using especially with something thats on the ground. They all look similar. That and inventory could be cleaner. RoE looting and scope / mods swap was so nice on weapon pickup it spoiled me.

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As Viss just shouted and celebrated about on his stream... he did 193 damage to a player who then jumped off a cliff and died to 7 falling damage. Viss got credit for the kill. It's the simple things you need to get right.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
wait you are queuing solo for squad games? why not just queue for solo mode?
No, I have been playing in the squad, but the "random" people I play with have no mic and are stoopid as f*ck. For example, everyone loves to roll around ATVs to give out our position, nobody jumps at the same drop target, and if you die within 5 meters of someone they have no idea to res you. So, ill start with 4 hoping some one or all will be decent or I drop and play the lone wolf scenario.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Man, you cant play the multiplayer with any sense of wanting to be competitive. The net code is fucki Fatal Error.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Worst Blackout death ever. Down to the last three and out of nowhere a supply drop falls onto my head ...

• 10Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 11 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Me and my kid keep getting 2nd, but thats first loser though, never could get the W. Usually what it comes down to is being totally depleted at the end of match mostly chasing the circle and racking up kills, then the last team you face turtled the whole game, and has level 3, nades for days...etc.. Btu fuck that style of playing. I like to be in the action. I dont know how people can just bush crouch for 15 min.

Cybsled

Ya, I’ve had a lot of 2nds. I blew all my nades flushing a snake, then the other snake got me lol

spronk

FPS noob
Me and my kid keep getting 2nd, but thats first loser though, never could get the W. Usually what it comes down to is being totally depleted at the end of match mostly chasing the circle and racking up kills, then the last team you face turtled the whole game, and has level 3, nades for days...etc.. Btu fuck that style of playing. I like to be in the action. I dont know how people can just bush crouch for 15 min.

i hope you tell your kid its his fault you guys lost

sensor darts + barricades are insane in final circle

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot

Yeah pubg had/has this problem too. get those 10-15 kill games and the last guy pulls the W and you were his first or maybe 2nd kill the entire game. Even worse in TPP.

spronk

FPS noob
installed the pc version today, seems way way way buggier than ps4 version. zero problems with ps4 version over 20+ hours this weekend in MP and blackout. two crashes in two games on PC so far in blackout. latest nvidia drivers too

Xevy

Log Wizard
Multiplayer latency is fucking terrible. 70 ping every game with Fiber. No way to get a better server. Meanwhile in Blackout I get 30-50 ping. And in Overwatch I get around 15ms.

IT MAKE-A NO SENSE.

The latency really only is noticeable in Multi as you'll fucking unload into a guys face, they'll kill you in two shots. Then you watch the killcam and they shot you 8 times before you fired your gun. That's some classic desync shit. I remember that back from the COD's on Xbox 360. Sad they haven't figure that out yet.

• 1Solidarity