Call of Duty Black Ops 4

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Multiplayer latency is fucking terrible. 70 ping every game with Fiber. No way to get a better server. Meanwhile in Blackout I get 30-50 ping. And in Overwatch I get around 15ms.

IT MAKE-A NO SENSE.

The latency really only is noticeable in Multi as you'll fucking unload into a guys face, they'll kill you in two shots. Then you watch the killcam and they shot you 8 times before you fired your gun. That's some classic desync shit. I remember that back from the COD's on Xbox 360. Sad they haven't figure that out yet.

Welcome to the last 10 years of the COD experience.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The fact that the matchmaking will match you to a zombies map that you don't have then tell you to buy the 40$ day-1 DLC in order to play is some level 9000 jimmy rustling.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
The fact that the matchmaking will match you to a zombies map that you don't have then tell you to buy the 40$ day-1 DLC in order to play is some level 9000 jimmy rustling.
Wow. A single observation that made me do a complete about face when considering buying this.

Fuck that bullshit.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
fortnite taking back #1 spot on twitch, be interesting to see if blops falls down like destiny 2, etc. I haven't really seen anyone shoot up from nobody to twitch big dick like seagull did with overwatch and a ton of people did with fortnite although at the 2-7k viewer numbers there are a ton of streamers i've never seen

for those playing multiplayer, be sure to check out the various modes (L2/R2 in the multiplayer main menu). hardcore team deathmatch or domination are fantastic ways to level up guns since 1 shot = kill on every gun, and you have less bullshit about lag, LoS, etc. I've been leveling up the mog 12 shotgun which is a secondary in hc TDM, at max level you unlock operator mode which adds a DOT damage component, people really seem to like it. The other gun i've heard a lot of good things about is the rampart AR, gonna level that next after i finish the MOG

Cybsled

Fortnite is a juggernaut, though, and they appeal to different markets. I doubt Blops is going to get Destiny 2 numbers. I can easily see them staying at a healthy number so long as the BR maintains people's attention. Don't forget PUBG had massive viewers for a pretty long stretch.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
BLOPS 4 using 100% GPU on match making/loading screens screams quality coding.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
A game like Fortnite is not going anywhere because of the kids. Its simply the best because its kid friendly and parents dont mind their kid playing a cartoony game that shoots water guns at others and has building too!, like minecraft!

But to say BO4 will drop like D2? Highly doubt it. As long as they can keep the game updated it will be a contender for a while. The only one losing out IMO is PUBG, and too bad, because wasnt that dude the actual one to create this type of game mode?

Still have to see how Battlefield does. I hear they will have this mode too. And if done right, I prefer battlefield gun play to COD all day long.

Last edited:

Cybsled

BF5 is supposed to have BR, but they indicated that it will be Squad only at release. While playing in squads can be fun, the removal of duos or solos is going to impact the appeal.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
So for anyone who likes to play a run and gun game (ALWAYS BE MOVING) here's a fun setup. Create a custom class, empty primary weapon and set secondary to the MOG 12 and set your perks to whatever. Then play a few games of hardcore TDM or other HC games to level up your gun, leveling guns is easier in hc mode since 1 shot = kill. Level the MOG to level 10 max in HC, it'll take 1-3 hours. Keep adding attachments as you level up.

Once you level it to max (level 10) you should have FIVE attachments on it, no optic, and zero perks. Set the attachments as long barrel, barrel choke, fast mags, rapid fire, and stock. Set your gear to acoustic sensor. You are a slaying god now, the perk gives you a really good idea of where people are (it pings the map in normal, not just sound) and the gun is insane with all the attachments. I've wiped out entire teams on TDM by running and gunning. It is a short and mid range gun so you are fucked going down long halls, just stick to corners and anything that is 20 feet or longer, don't run down or you will die. You will generally want to ADS but acoustic will let you know when to run and when to ADS.

The funny thing is the shotgun sucks balls with just 1-3 of those attachments, but once you get all 5 its a one shot murder machine. Not my gunplay but you get the idea

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Shroud exploiting now. Someone told him about the wingsuit from anywhere bug with a keybinding and now he's going to death from above until it gets fixed.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
if they don't release blackout as a standalone for 20-30 bucks and start pumping out skins they are really really dumb

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
So spent most of yesterday goofing. Pretty much if my squad gets a win or two we just fuck around the rest of the day.

One thing I wanted to test was if Brawler let you lifesteal from your own team. Answer: Yes. Yes++++++++++. (me getting sniped in the head was just extra flavor)

(I have NO idea how I one shot him. I made sure he turned to me so I didn't backstab him, so he turned to me, I hit him, and he died instantly. Did 20% of his lvl 2 armor too.)

I had a few solo's where I died to the first person I fought every game. I think this was the 4th one or so. After the clip I just pray that I did more than 120 damage to him. It turns out I did 167 damage because not only did he have lvl 2 armor, he also found a trauma kit in the first 45 seconds of the game.

Pro tip: You can grapple TO the ground. I did NOT know that:

And here's a multiplayer bug where people in Razorwire are immune to damage....I guess?

Overall still fun if you don't get too serious as there's a fair amount of bullshit. Not necessarily bugs, just some game mechanics that need tuning. Though the wingsuit shit people are going to be doing until it's hotfixed today will probably be pretty fucking annoying.

Cybsled

Ya, I've used grapple to the ground to escape the upper floors of lighthouse a few times.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
After the last round of patches I think I crash on Blackout more than I did the first two days. Yeesh.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Getting all types of bugs in Blackout. Can't heal bug. Can't vault bug. Can't loot bug. Disappointing but still better then pubg because the game runs smooth when I don't get them.

Cybsled

Trophy System is actually pretty nice in the final circles. During one game, setup a trap house in the 3rd/2nd to final circle and camped in it. First guy jumped through a window and activated a trip mine, killing him instantly. I set a barricade on another door on my blindspot so the radiation would deter people from using that door. But then I hid a trophy system in the corner near the other door. Another player opened the door and went to toss a nade, and the trophy system literally blew up the nade the second it left his hand and his own nade killed him lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users