Call of Duty Black Ops 4

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Loving the game, but not digging how long it takes to find one on PC. Seems like you're in the lobby for like 10 minutes before a game. This map is super small, don't need 100 people if you can't get 100 in a reasonable amount of time. Other then that I am impressed. Will buy day 1.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Hopefully it's fixed later, but the amount of guns needs to be tweaked. I'm running through half a dozen buildings and not getting a single weapon.

Sounds like RNG is a bit crazy. I've only done about 6 matches on PC and 6 on Xbox but everywhere I've landed I've gotten more guns than I know what to do with.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Loving the game, but not digging how long it takes to find one on PC. Seems like you're in the lobby for like 10 minutes before a game. This map is super small, don't need 100 people if you can't get 100 in a reasonable amount of time. Other then that I am impressed. Will buy day 1.

I was getting in games instantly last night, I wonder if turned off a lot of people.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Still getting in games in line 5-10 seconds on pc. Not sure whats up for you.

• 1Like

Stave

Potato del Grande
COD's are a guilty pleasure of mine on PC. Always love the single-player campaigns, so I was bummed when it was announced this one had none. But after playing Blackout, I'm preordering. I have a ton of WoW tokens to burn anyways, so I basically get it free. Like others said, a mix of Blackout and PUBG would be best, but I don't think we will get that anytime soon. The fact that this is this solid in beta is impressive. I'm not holding out much hope for BFV's Battle Royale mode. I think that one is squads only too which sucks.

My only two questions are, if Activision will be supporting and improving this mode after launch, and if there are plans for any other maps, or if this is it.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Their party system, Quads especially, is completely fucked. That and a lot of their dumb UI shit is the only complaint I have about this game, but not being able to reliably party with your friends is majorly fucking stupid.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm having short waits as well

Were you guys playing in squads, duo or solo? Sometimes games were damn near instant, sometimes it was such a wait that we had to leave and go into another lobby where we actually connected.

This was in duos that the wait was really bad. Squads and Solo were instant most of the time.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think it will be successful, but still too sperg twitch based for my tastes. I think the last "thinking mans" FPS mode was back in like world at war CODS zombies.

• 1Solidarity

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot

One thing that i think really messes with finding games is your NAT settings. I couldn't play with a buddy til he opened his up. But as others have said otherwise, queues have been instant. I'd say check your settings, then network stuff. See if it says nat type is open or something else and try making changes to your network if necessary.

I think, however, it's a bit ridiculous that a game needing adjustments to NAT this day and age is a bit retarded.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe there's confusion on one of our parts. I'm not sitting in the lobby where you see your character and can change the model and stuff, I'm sitting in the "loadout" where you're running around the map and people are punching everyone.

Maybe I'm just getting impatient in my old age.

Also it seems that loot spawns are scarcer in solo, but that might also be bullshit. Love going to the zombie infested areas.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OK So I know the blue beacon is a sign for zombies, but there is also a red beacon near the asylum and it had some crazy ass zombie me and my duo partner couldn't kill. Anyone know if there is any significance to this?

Cybsled

I've never seen a red beacon before, so no clue.

Edit: Red beacons are some special event zombie. Just has airdrop crate stuff as loot, not really worth it for how long it takes to kill.

Finally got my first solo win. I love how fucking aggressive you can be in this game.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Was wondering if the helicopter was hard to pilot. It is not. That is, unless your push to talk key is also your "switch seats" key.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fuuuuck. I tought we could beta till game releases. Its already over. Sucks cause am hooked.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
The magic kinda wore off on me already. Not really sure why. Won 2 in a row with a buddy without much issue. It seems like the map is good at disguising how small it is. One thing im kinda torn on is how I feel about the fact you can pretty much reach anywhere on the map with the wingsuit if you dive right. And if you know that you can get to places WAAAAY faster than a lot of people if you dive early.

I'm not sure if that makes the map feel smaller, or if the map IS actually smaller and does a good job at hiding it. I am pretty sure it is smaller than it feels because no matter where you drop, unless it's a random hut outside of a named area, there are always people there.